South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 04:13 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Hump Day Beach Chat, Oct 1

Good Morning

Happy first day of October!

Yesterday was busy busy at work so we had dinner and went to bed early. This morning we decided to just get up and head over the hill for a swim and meet up with my sis. I have a date with my coworker tomorrow so we'll just enjoy the day and come back early tomorrow. We're taking advantage of the new car...$24.00/RT vs $65.00 in the suv!
I used to go to Denver for Costco/Wh.Foods on my day off but since the new WhFoods opened midway last April I can do both of my shops in between here and Glenwood. Pretty cool! BTW the new WhFoods is the highest altitude store at 9800 Ft. They call it BaseCamp.

What's on your agenda today?

Stop and say hi!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-01-2014, 05:10 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Debbie, you beat me to it with your Rabbit! Rabbit! Rabbit!

I'm up early because I have to be at the Mill and Hall for seven since today is "The Shoot". The PBS crew said 8 a.m. but they are coming from Watertown and I can't see them getting here by then. It should be an interesting day - and probably boring in places as there is always so much waiting around.

Since the Town Hall kitchen will be part of the shoot, we are feeding them a fancy catered picnic lunch which should be fun. Fingers crossed that the weather holds and they can eat it outside. Set-up for Saturday's wedding is tomorrow and I don't want to clean up the Hall again. All I want to have to do is take the picnic baskets, plates and silver back to the caterer.

Hope your Hump Day is smooth as a bunny's bottom!
Old 10-01-2014, 06:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Debbie - glad yesterday was busier, probably went a heck of a lot faster (and paid a lot better!). Enjoy your swim.

Ruth - How exciting! You'll have to let us know when they air it. (will they show it in the states?) Everything is online now, maybe just a link

FYI - today's recipe of the day at allrecipes.com is sweet potato burritos (vegetarian). Sounds interesting, although no one else in this house would go for it!

Yesterday was busy, but nothing like Monday, thank goodness! Today is busy as well- and then I leave early to go home, medicate my cats, then fly out for a conference in NC until Saturday. Looks interesting - the best known veterinary dentist is speaking! My husband is urging me to bring my laptop so the kids don't use it

Had taco soup for dinner, the one that cooks in beer instead of broth. Mmmm, delish!
Old 10-01-2014, 06:51 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey all! Just stopping by for a moment. Somehow time warps in the morning and passes faster than during the rest of the day!

Another warm sunny day ahead. I am not calling it Indian Summer because I hope we get another stretch later this month.

Got to go- Have a great day chicks!
Old 10-01-2014, 06:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Just a quickie from me this morning! Yesterday was insane - I put over 100 miles on my car and worked until 7pm - so now I'm way behind on my ToDo List and am trying to catch up this morning.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:39 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

a fly by here too. I am supposed to go over the mountains and should be on the road by 8. that's not going to happen but should be out soon after. I have a love hate relationship with the rain. We really need it so I'm glad to see some but I hate extended drives in the rain, especially with wet leaves and tourists on the road. Oh well.

I need to find something simple to throw in the crockpot before I go. Better get moving!
Old 10-01-2014, 08:12 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Glad to see everyone up and at 'em! We had an uneventful drive. I like the days when I drink coffee on both sides of the Great Continental Divide. We saw snow.....shhh....don't tell.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:38 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Debbie thanks for the rabbit!! Glad your new wheels are saving you $$$ Sounds like you had a great day!! I have to drive 45 min for WH and pay to park! So wish we had one closer.

Ruth have fun at the shoot. A maybe you will be discovered The picnic lunch sounds lovely.

Linda hope you catch up and get to relax

Tammy maybe you will get some down time at the conference. If you don't take the lap top how will you check in (I know everyone seems to have a smart phone these days, even my Mom!) Guess hubby is trying a preventive strike lol

Beth you are better then me. I never get a chance to check in before work. Hope the kids are behaving this year.

Cyndi safe travels. The foliage must be beautiful by you. We aren't at peak yet.

Yesterday I accomplished a lot. Made chicken parm (ww bread crumbs LF cheeses, NSA sauce) over spaghetti squash. Joe loved it. Took home leftovers for him and his DS. Don't worry I made extra as that will be one of my dinners this week.

Snow try not to be jealous, but today I am going to the range to shoot my new gun lol Tonight though I will be giving myself a much needed manicure. gotta balance out the tough gal side with the feminine one. Otherwise I am hitting the bike again today. I put it on the trainer. The weather and temps have been all over the place lately. So now I have no excuse not to ride.

Time to finish breakfast and get on with the day. I actually slept until after 8!!! Granted three wake ups to tinkle during the night, but I'll take it. it is amazing how much stress messes with my sleep. Have a great day.

Hmmmm I wonder when we will hear from Natasha.......
Old 10-01-2014, 09:12 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Quick fly by for me, have meetings almost all day. Then home to wfh for the next two days and start packing for trip.

DD2 scored her first goal last night at the game she was so excited and DH happened to be video taping it so he got it on video.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-01-2014, 10:15 AM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

How can it be October already!?

Busy for me this week. Today is the deadline for our family foundation's applications and I'm the person who processes them all. About half are still outstanding - waiting for the last minute to apply. I'll have lots to do for foundation business in the next couple of weeks.

I work this afternoon. If we aren't busy, I'll try on the new clothes that we put out Sunday. I always do that so I can see how they fit but this time I actually have my eye on a few to purchase.

Have a great day.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:06 AM   #11  

Height: 5'8"

Hi Debbie,
I'm so fascinated by your trips "over the hill." I know you have houses in both places - sounds nice!! Today's also a quick check in for me. I'm on a roll at work tying up loose ends, and it feels good! Made some phone calls I was putting off re: my parents next visit, and getting ready to go to Centering Prayer at 1pm. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:29 PM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Matilda is that a new pic? Love it!
Old 10-01-2014, 10:04 PM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyndiM View Post
Matilda is that a new pic? Love it!
That's what I was thinking .... But my eyes are so bad I can never quite tell on my 'lil phone!
Old 10-02-2014, 09:32 AM   #14  

Height: 5'8"

Yes! Taken two weeks ago. (((Thanks)))
Closed Thread