South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 06:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Fabulous weekend in Fall - beach chat 9/27-28

Good morning y'all! Just starting the thread up..
Old 09-27-2014, 06:35 AM   #2  

Good morning again! I saw Ruth on somewhere, so I figured I'd get one going in case she's cleaning up that nasty spam.

I'm getting ready for work...just a half day, but will probably be busy. Then, I always hope for a nap on weekend afternoons! I believe we're going to start nailing down details for the bathroom remodel, and I need to plan next weeks menu (as well as snack for bible study tomorrow night).

I'm loving the weather, getting cooler out to enjoy soups!
Old 09-27-2014, 06:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning been MIA due to work, but at least I am MIA from there today. I took today off for family day at DS's college yet here I sit at home. He will be home Columbus Day weekend and asked if I would not come up today. Sigh fine Sominstead it is off to Joe's and an early dinner out. Tomorrow I have a 75 mile ride with coworkers. Should be fun we are riding in NJ by the shore. Sadly no time to linger as I am on a schedule today. Enjoy the beautiful day!
Old 09-27-2014, 07:08 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Yes, I was de-spamming the site. I also did a good half hour clean-up in here just after midnight. People need lives. Despite the late night and early wake-up, I'm feeling pretty human this morning although the coffee tastes great.

Yesterday was incredibly busy and I had a real photofinish getting the food organized for book club. The wedding rehearsal and decorating went well and they did remember to call em when it was lock-up time. Lix and Moel, dear friends and neighbours, walked down with the dogs and did the deed for me. Good supportive people!

The dishwasher is working away at plates and wine glasses. The Taco Bake was a great hit as usual. The discussion of the book was the shortest ever. Only one person read it and he still had not finished. I hope the book I chose is more of a success.

Today I go to unlock the Hall and Mill at 11 and am feeling a lot better about this wedding group. The groom says "I am learning to just do what she says to do!" which bodes well for their marriage. I'll lock the Mill after the ceremony and pictures this afternoon and let them party away in the Town Hall, hoping somebody will be sober enough to turn out the lights and lock up at midnight. They have rented cottages down on the Lake and will probably party on down there.

Looks like another glorious day out there. I plan to get outside and do a bit of garden stuff - cutting back mainly. I also will dry some kale. Hmm - bet the leftover taco bake and kale would make a great soup for winter suppers. I have enough of it to open a Portuguese restaurant!

Raising my mug to toast Saturday, the last one in September.
Old 09-27-2014, 07:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning you all! I've been taking it slow and easy this morning for a change of pace.

Everyone's plans for the day sound nice. Jake is going to be working out at the farm today, so I'm staying home to make a pot of bean soup for my dad. He bought all the ingredients for it (and a ham hock, yuck!), while we were out shopping yesterday, and I soaked the beans overnight last night. He's quite capable of making it himself, but for some reason he wants me to do it.
Other than that, I want to get out and take a nice long walk and sit out in the yard on this beautiful fall day.
Old 09-27-2014, 07:34 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks!

Tammy, I peeked yesterday morning before work and no one had started the thread so I didn't either. Next time I will copy your one-liner! I never made it back later in the day to post.

We have already had 2 beautiful warm and sunny days and are looking for a gorgeous weekend. There is plenty of puttering to do in the yard but DH and I may take a drive to view the leaves today as well. Either sounds good to me!

Cottage, enjoy your day. I hope it is relaxing.
Ruth, your book group cracks me up!!
Jennifer, isn't it a huge adjustment having your kid gone?! An adjustment for both of you.

Ok, I am going to make some breakfast. Have a great day, chicks!!
Old 09-27-2014, 08:28 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone,
Slept until 8am this morning (but after going to bed at midnight). I stayed up late talking to DH about life, love, and good things. On tap for today - I'm taking my son to a birthday party at Luna Park at Coney Island (should be fun) and then just home. I want a quiet evening! At some point I've got to get the house together as I have an old friend and her husband coming over on Monday night. Hope everyone has a great day today...
Old 09-27-2014, 09:28 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

A quick hello. We traveled home yesterday and I don't have much internet....all the leaf lookers are headed to the mountains. It was a beautiful drive over. DH is already out working on coating the roof of his shop. I've been up to the rental and am headed back up to try and power through everything that needs to be done. The new heater was installed while I was away so now I have some heat.

Jennifer, sorry to hear you are at home today....a little insensitive of DS, in my opinion. I know you'll make the best of it.

Linda, your dad probably thinks yours tastes better even though he could make it himself.

Ruth, always good to feel human!

Beth, I hope you get a drive in.

Tammy, maybe work will go smoothly!

Matlida, have a fun day and I hope your evening is quiet.

OK, better get going!
Old 09-27-2014, 12:52 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I have been up for awhile, made everyone breakfast and then DD2 and I did a run and then did yoga, fun. I have also done some housework. Just got done enjoy a nice salad for lunch and now catching up some shows I missed this week.

Tywnn hope you half day goes quickly

Jekel sorry about DS, Columbus day is not far away

Ruth, Cottage Beth and Matilda enjoy the nice day

Debbie hope you get a lot accomplished today

Have a great afternoon everyone
Old 09-28-2014, 07:20 AM   #10  

Good morning! I slept until 6:30 - good for me, but was kinda hoping for 7.

Jennifer - I'm a little annoyed at your son for you. Have fun on your ride today.

Ruth - Are there any pics of a mill wedding online? It would be fun to see.

Linda - Awww, that's sweet. How's he doing with your mom gone? I make ham and bean soup almost every time I see my in-laws, it's papa's favorite.

Beth - yes! I feel like there's less simul-posting when I do that.

Matilda - how was the birthday party? Did you have a quiet evening?

Debbie - I missed the original reason of why your sister is moving in with you?

Pearl - you're so awesome at keeping on track with exercise.

Work went quick yesterday, got some niggles done, although DS had a complete melt down last night. When does this stop?! He's 11! I'm thinking he's tired from his week, but...

Today is making the menu, getting groceries, prepping food. Just tons of fun. I do leave for a work trip on Wednesday until Saturday, I'm feeling a bit guilty I'm leaving DH with the kids and all the muck!
Old 09-28-2014, 07:21 AM   #11  

Oh, Ruth. Your schedule is always so crazy! Good thing you're retired!
Old 09-28-2014, 07:32 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Son-day morning! The sun is promising us another glorious day here. Jake is going out to the farm to do more painting, so I have another day to myself. Hmmmmm, how shall I spend it?

Ruth, I would have told your cousin I'd be delighted to see them but only have an hour or two since I already have other plans. That's rather presumptuous of them to assume you can accommodate them on such short notice.

Waving to everyone! Have a super Sunday!
Old 09-28-2014, 08:12 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning, chicks!
Yesterday was beautiful here! The leaves are pretty close to peak color in the mountains already. DH and I went to an estate auction (just window-shopping, didn't buy anything) but then continued south into the Adirondacks a bit to enjoy the color. Really stunning.

Sounds like there are lots of plans today-
Jennifer, enjoy your ride.
Ruth, that would irk me too. Hope you are able to have a good visit and your doggie date.
Tammy, it seems to me DH left you with the kids recently...but I know what you mean. I don't think men handle the juggle quite as well.

I'm got laundry in and need to do some niggles as well.

Cottage, Matilda, Pearl and all to come- have a great day!

Last edited by Beth19; 09-28-2014 at 08:13 AM.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:15 AM   #14  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Yesterday we went to a 1st birthday party for one of our great-nephews. They got lucky with fabulous weather since it was outside at a park. I worked last night and go back in tonight after the store closes; we are putting out our new fall products. Hopefully we won't be there too late. I get keyed up when I work at night and have trouble falling asleep and last night was no exception.

Not much else happening here.

Have a great weekend.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:43 AM   #15  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all,
RUTH, I totally sympathize. I am sure he knew in advance that he would be by this way and wanted to see you and the house. I think it is extremely sensitive of you to think of his wife and offer her your house for the afternoon. Please take full credit for blessing him and his wife with your generosity. You deserve it.

Yesterday's quiet evening was not so quiet. I came home from the birthday party and my son had been in a fowl mood and quite rude to me all day. Then my husband, who was supposed to be out for the evening with a friend, decided that they would hang out here instead. Let's just say the day and evening were not what I expected or wanted. I'm prepared to let go of it today, or at least I'm hoping that I can.

This morning I have church and then a foyer group brunch after, which I am really looking forward to. Then I'll come home and get ready for the week. I need to get back into a routine. Hope everyone has a great day today.
Closed Thread