South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 04:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Tuesday Beach Chat for 09/23

Good morning, ladies! Sorry to be MIA for so long. Things just got busy between work and planning for my trip to Philly. I'd never been to Philly before...it was fun. I'd been wanting to do the Rock N Roll series, so I got that 5K under my belt. Unfortunately we decided to walk to and from the race, too, so I added an additional 5K that day. Oops!

Today makes just 2 more teeny tiny weeks until I get to see my sweetheart again. I can't wait! I get to unplug with him for an entire week. He's still not nervous about meeting my family and friends. I guess that's a good sign, huh? Things are still wonderful. Kinda going through that "remember when we would stay on the phone for 4 hours and still not want to hang up?" phase, which is to be expected after 6 months. Long distance is really difficult, I know that much! Not because of the relationship, but b/c it's so hard to be this far away from him.

So what is everybody up to today? I will be working a double (started at midnight). I'm also working my first shift alone which is nervewracking. No matter how small the department, I don't think you should have 1 dispatcher on duty. That's just my 2 cents, though. At least I get an extra $3 per hour for it. *shrugs*

Good morning, chicks...who's got the coffee???
Old 09-23-2014, 05:12 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Great to hear from you, Natasha, and thanks for getting us started! I'm glad you get to see your sweetie soon! I haven't been to Philly for years and would love to get back to the EastCoast again, especially with my DH who has never been East of Denver, except for the times we flew to Florida to visit my bro. Glad everything is going well for you!

After my 3 week sewing binge it was time to put everything away and refocus on the house. I've cleaned the upstairs bathroom and worked in the office this morning. Things are shaping up. Good timing, as we are going to head over the hill-either after work today or early tomorrow morning. Sis and mom are going later today so we'll be meeting up with them. Other than that, nothing much exciting.

DH just returned from the shop so I guess I ought to head downstairs and be social.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!
Old 09-23-2014, 06:17 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning Natasha and Debbie - Natasha, I love Philly too! We go a lot. In fact, might be time to plan a trip...I need to look at the calendar. Since we are going to Vegas in November, I don't want to blow our wad before then, and then of course we've got Christmas, etc. following.

On tap for today is work and I've got to get focused on straightening out my office. Sadly it's become a little bit of a dumping ground. And tonight I've got to straighten my house! I haven't gotten up early this week so I'm very behind on my schedule. Just couldn't do it...Hope everyone has a great day today!
Old 09-23-2014, 06:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Natasha, you were in Philly over the weekend and didn't tell me? Did you get a chance to see any of the historic sights? I drove though Philly on Sunday on my way to and from my DD's, and traffic was pretty heavy!

Debbie, if you ever get out this way, we'll have to try to get together! Have a good trip back over the hill.

Matilda, I hope you get all your tidying-up accomplished today!

I was looking forward to relaxing and starting my new book last night, but instead things got rather stressful. Verizon had given us a free upgrade and sent us a new router yesterday, which should have been very simple to hook up, but instead it was a nightmare! We couldn't get internet, then all our TVs went out, and we were on "hold" on the phone trying to get to a real person to help us, then another 45 minutes while he tried to figure out the problem. Finally, 1/2 hour before bedtime, we got all straightened out. What a mess! Needless to say, we aren't very happy with Verizon right now.

It certainly is letting us know it's fall here today with a chilly 43* outside! The sun is supposed to warm us up later today, though. It's definitely soup weather and I need to grab a container out of my freezer stash for my lunch today.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Natasha - so good to here from you, hopefully you will post a cute pic of you two after your visit. Do you have any special plans? Good luck by yourself tonight!

Debbie - that's amazing your DH hasn't been east of Denver. Time for a road trip!

Matilda - ugh. Our office is a dumping ground as well. I took care of a lot of the filing stuff a couple of weeks ago, but the rest is a mess! Good thing it is small.

Cottage - Grrrrr, that would've been annoying. Isn't this weather beautiful?

I'm supposed to have today off, we'll see how my colleague's OB app't goes. She's looking pretty rough and is already at PT. She only works this afternoon, so I'll have to move things around then if she drops out.

I'm meeting a friend (a coworker from my previous job) for breakfast and then a walk. I hope to make apple bread for the teachers, and get a bunch of errands done. And make a pot of smoked sausage lentil soup! Crossing my fingers I actually get that time off. The great thing is, when she gets back, I go to four days/week. WHOOOPPPEEE!

Enjoy the first full day of fall, ladies!
Old 09-23-2014, 06:55 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning ladies! Yesterday sure felt like the beginning of fall; the high for the day was low 50s. Today is supposed to be sunny and back into the 60s then we get warmer and sunny for the rest of the week. The leaves already starting to turn which is early.
Like Matilda yesterday I got a late start and seemed behind in the morning although the feeling didn't persist at work, for which I was greatful. Today should be smooth.
Got to run- no time for personals. Have a great day all!
Old 09-23-2014, 07:02 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I have COFFEE so come on over. My house is cozy this morning since I did not turn down the heat and I have two dogs keeping my feet toasty. Jazz seems not himself this morning - I think he has had too much excitement. We had a visit from another dog yesterday and he is sick of being sociable for four days in a row. (I can relate.)

I like Philly but don't know it all that well after being there only three times - not counting the airport. I do think I'm becoming a bit of a country mouse from living in Delta full-time the last 15 years. I have to break out of that. Right now I'm planning four-day R&R trip to Bancroft, population 3,880 - hardly a metropolis. I hope I can stand the excitement. (I'm also looking at a winter getaway - somewhere more exciting - maybe Costa Rica.)

Nothing officially on today's schedule but I am going to the Library in the next town to pick out the next book for Book Club which is here on Friday night. I'll also get some crackers etc for the nibbles we have those nights with our wine. I'm planning to do Taco Bake since it's always a hit.

White Cat has appeared at his staring post across the road and the doggage are freaking. I think we shall now withdraw to the kitchen with the door closed to calm things down. They can keep me company while I prep peppers and tomatoes for salsa.

Raising the remains of my coffee to a calm and successful Tuesday.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:08 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning or is it??? You gals are certainly chipper this morning.

Natasha good luck tonight. When I was a dispatcher we only had 1 on midnights and 1 call taker. We were a busy agency too. I remember one night when my co worker took a much needed. potty break, the you know what hit the fan. I had the Sergeant answering the switchboard and the Lt on the county wide hotline. They were a great help and did not question me at all. Glad you enjoyed Philly. I saw Billy Joel I concert there when I was in college.

Tammy how long does is colleague's maternity leave? four day work week sounds awesome.

Beth and Matilda sorry you had late starts

Debbie doesn't it feel good getting organized

Linda I hope I don't need a Verizon update anytime soon

Ruth I'll join you for coffee. I find I prefer the country to the city. Probably because of work lol.

Yesterday I helped make frames for the front porch, got new sneakers for the truck, picked up my guns and had yummy pumpkin bread from a trendy organic store in the middle of nowhere. Joe said I was a big help. Basically I handed him tools lol The work went faster when he realized I knew how to actually use the tools. The only bad thing was losing my sneaker to an unforeseen mud puddle. It was like quick sand. Thankfully I had slippers to wear home.

Today I need to cook a spaghetti squash and make stuffed peppers. A quick trip to the grocery store and drop off my car this evening for a service appointment tomorrow morning. Also, I need to get motivated on a work project and get the truck listed on Craigslist.

Nothing will get done if I keep sitting here. Have a great day
Old 09-23-2014, 08:52 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Well yesterday morning didn't go as well we left the house and about two blocks away from home noticed a noise so stopped and my right passenger tire was flat. Turns out I somehow picked up a screw so that was not a fixable tire but we are all good I have a new tire on now.

Today after work I am signing up DD2 for bowling she really wants to do so I am signing her up its after school on Tuesday so it should work with schedules.

Natasha good to hear from you. Hope tonight goes well for you.

Debbie I need to do some organizing as well I still haven't done a garage sale and still have all of those bags in the basement that are starting to annoying me. I need to either do a garage sale or just load everything up and take it to Goodwill.

Matilda I have a hard time waking up when it is dark as well, I have to force myself out of bed.

Cottage we had the same issue when we were forced to go Digital with Charter they ended up having to come to our house because we could not get two of the tv's set up even after talking on the phone with support for hours. They had to change out the outside wiring.

Tywnn have fun with your breakfast and walk.

Beth have a good day today

Ruth have fun planning your winter break

Jekel sounds like you accomplished quite a bit yesterday.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-23-2014, 11:23 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

So far so good. As of 0800, I now have a partner. Midnight shift is the only one that they let 1 dispatcher handle.

Cottage - Oh man, I didn't even realize that you were in the Philly burbs! I did one of the sightseeing tour buses Saturday afternoon after I was done with my 5K, but I didn't really get to see any of the sites up close. I did, however, have some cheesesteaks (shhhhhhhhhh, nothing counts on race weekend!) and quite a few basil lemonades at Misconduct Tavern. Ended up spending a lot of time in Reading Terminal Market. The place we stayed at was just off of 16th on Green. The traffic and parking were both horrible during the race, but cleared up pretty good for us by the time we left at 1 on Sunday. I've heard at least one other person complain that the Verizon "upgrade" screwed them up, too.

Twynn - I will definitely post a pic when I get back! I love the one I took of us on my last visit, but don't feel it's appropriate for sharing (nooooo, not THAT kind of pic...it's just a lovely cuddled up and fully clothed moment in bed). We'll be staying at his place the first few days and then heading up to visit my family and friends that Friday. Saturday we have my 20th high school reunion and lunch with a close friend and her new man. Sunday we have a big family breakfast with my mom and the National Fair with another close friend. Monday we're spending the day in Savannah and I'm surprising him with a horsedrawn carriage ride through town. Late that night we'll drive back to Florida and I'll head out the next morning.

Beth - I scrolled back through some of last week's threads and saw your comment about college football. Go Dawgs! Wish we could have annihilated South Carolina like we did Troy, but oh well. I didn't actually get to watch the game, I had to follow it on my CBS Sports app...I do have it recorded, though.

jekel - I'm lucky in that the Sergeants I have working my shift are very good about picking up the admin line if they know I'm busy or picking up the police radio if they know I'm on a medical call. They won't touch the fire radio, but they sure do help a lot with what they do!

to everybody else!
Old 09-23-2014, 02:12 PM   #11  
Goddess of All

S/C/G: 174.5/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi, all!

I'm back at work today after being out sick yesterday. Hand quilting and a "Friends" marathon kept me busy. I'm still losing (Phase 1). I did go out for our office's regular Tuesday lunch. We went to my favorite Vietnamese place where I had a salad with rice noodles. I know. Not allowed on Phase 1, but I love the dish so much! I did pass up the fortune cookie!
Closed Thread