South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 07:16 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Fall Weekend! September 20 and 21

Good morning! Now it can get cold if it wants but today we are going to see/feel 75ºF after a below freezing morning yesterday! The weather is sure topsy-turvy!

Slept until 6 for a change today and the dogs were still asleep when I came downstairs. Maybe Jazz's haircut tired him out yesterday. After all, he had to be awake from 8 until we got home after 1 PM. I did a big grocery shop while he had his appointment. He looks pretty cute and about half the size he was before the shearing.

We are off to Brockville around 9 to set up for the Bark walk. I'm hoping we can sign up some people and pooches for our therapy dog programme as our numbers are shrinking and I keep getting more and more requests for dog visits. By the way, I am taking my OP lunch and will refuse the free hot dogs and drinks they will be passing out. I am also taking warm clothes as the even takes place right beside the mighty St. Lawrence and those Yankees keep shoving the cold air across.

Up the hill to Liz's house for dinner tonight and Moel's birthday celebration. It will be good fun and I will try to make it an early night. (I am very tired these days but will try for a short nap late afternoon to take the edge off!)

Have a great weekend with a balance between work and fun!
Old 09-20-2014, 07:27 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ruth and sleepy Beachers Looks like a lovely day here too. It's a work day but probably just half a day so I will have home time too. Right now I'm looking for a crockpot recipe with chicken and butternut squash. I might have to make up my own because nothing thrills me. I'm thinking a stew with butternut and veggies.

Tomorrow I am repainting one of the old metal cabinets. I have three that were my grandmother's and I refuse to get rid of them. The white one has rust spots so we picked up some paint that is supposed to look like hammered copper. I'm also putting a new bed in the garden and dealing with all kinds of yummy produce. No wonder I never sit down!

Happy early fall weekend
Old 09-20-2014, 07:32 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, Ruth! Yes it was cold yesterday (30*) but I think it was you Canucks pushing the air our way like you do all winter! It will be nice to have a day or two of warmer weather; locally we broke a couple records for cold temperatures on Thursday and Friday.

I had great plans to do garden clean-up this weekend now that the peppers and 'maters are officially dead but instead I have come down with a cold. I may spend much of the day drinking fluids and napping.

Other than that I will need to do laundry and get some groceries. Perhaps a drive into the mountains to view the fall foliage would also be an idea.

Cyndi, your produce preserving is quite impressive! I was very disappointed with my winter squash this year. Hardly had any. Next year I'd like to try spaghetti squash.

Have a good day, chicks.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Ruth hope you find new volunteers today. If mine weren't so spastic I would volunteer. Coconut is too fearful and well Mich believes everything could be a tree lol.

Cyndi I am making butternut squash soup today. I had Panera's Harvest soup and now I'm craving it. I must admit I use frozen cubed BS way easier

Beth we didn't have a garden this year. If Joe doesn't have the house done by spring (he should be in before the holidays) we might join a co op next year. His friend Rick loved the one they joined. I will hit my favorite farm stand on Monday to stock up again.

Yesterday went well. except for all the waiting. The biopsy was not painful and B&J had a new flavor lol. The highlight of my day. I was really light headed and nauseous yesterday. Today, like Beth, I feel as though I am coming down with a cold. This is prime sinus infection time for me so I am really going to baby myself. The radiologist said everything went well. So hopefully I will just née six month follow ups. Thank you for all your thoughts and well wishes. I truly appreciate it

I slept a lot yesterday. I think I took 3 naps. Was in bed at 10 and got up a few times, but nothing major. Been having a lot of bad dreams lately. Last night's was too scary as it involved my gun malfunctioning and fighting for my life! Thankfully it wasn't real and luckily my bathroom is down the hall lol

Ok time to make lists. I vowed I would tackle my file cabinet. This might be a full day project. Being home sick from work I can't chance doing anything outside so weeding will have to wait.....oh darn lol
Old 09-20-2014, 09:01 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everyone,
Jennifer, so glad everything went well yesterday. I have also been having very strange, disturbing and scary dreams, usually right before I wake in the morning. I have been waking up every morning when it is still dark outside and the creepy dreams leave me with a weird feeling for about 20 minutes after I get up. I'm going to blame it on perimenopause, because that is what I am blaming everything else on!!

Last night my husband and I went to see a band - the Dandy Warhols - and my son slept over at his godmother's house. Today I'm going to do some cooking and then take a nap! At 4 we are meeting up with son/GM and going out to dinner on Arthur Avenue in the Bronx. It is definitely an off plan day.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:10 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning

We have been waking up to cooler mornings but it gets pretty high in the afternoon yesterday and today we are in the 80s.

The Beach Boys concert was fun but very packed. I could only handle 3 hours of just standing on my feet and I went and found a bench to sit on until it was over. Darn Plantar Fascitis my foot was aching but surprisingly after resting it when DH came and we walked to our car it didn't hurt and it doesn't hurt today so that is good.

Today we are picking up our car it is fixed and then we have lots to do. DD2 has soccer game, then DH has to many activities he wants to attend so I will pick and choose what I will go to. I may nix another concert tonight for myself.

Ruth I hope you get more volunteers and enjoy the nice afternoon weather

Cyndi I hope the low fiber diet helps DH and the doctors figure it out

Beth take care of yourself end of summer colds are the worse

Jekel glad to hear the procedure went well, hopefully bad dreams will go away

Have a good day everyone!
Old 09-20-2014, 12:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I was going to say "good morning", but I just glanced at the clock and it's noon already. We were up and out early this morning to go to the Pa. Dutch smorgasbord for breakfast, and visited several nurseries afterwards to shop for mums. I was tempted to get a bale of hay and some gourds and pumpkins, too, but my front garden is still in full bloom and looking great, so I'm going to hold off for a couple more weeks. I did get several gorgeous mums to replace the scraggly annuals in my hanging baskets and pots, though. Now I have to dig out my fall wreath and other decorations. That's on my agenda next for today.

Ruth, Beth is right! You're the only blowing frigid air on us all winter! Give that handsome Moel a birthday hug from me.

Cyndi, I hope Tim starts to feeling better soon. I don't eat meat, but I bet roasting chicken and butternut squash with onions and lots of garlic would taste good. Let us know how your cabinets turn out!

Jennifer, I'm so glad you got good news from the radiologist, and hope you are feeling better soon. Rest up and take care!

Beth, sounds like everyone is catching colds these days! I'm sorry your winter squash didn't do well. I had the opposite - my zucchini didn't do well, but I have an abundance of butternut and spaghetti squash.

Matilda, enjoy your dinner tonight! This time last Saturday I was stuck in traffic going through the Bronx on I-95 in the pouring rain!

Pearlrose, I love the Beach Boys and would have really enjoyed that concert! I bet it was great!

Well, my break is over and time to move on to the next task for the day. Have a great weekend, everyone!
Old 09-21-2014, 07:11 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Sunday morning, Beachies! Woke at 6 again and realized the house was very cold. When I came downstairs, I saw I'd left the deck door open all night after letting the dogs in. Coffee and my warm robe feel good this morning.

Yesterday was a good day although it was cold and windy by the St. Lawrence. Jazz was shivering after Friday's haircut but enjoyed seeing all the other dogs and even won a prize in the PB game. We did get a few new recruits for Therapeutic Paws and were home by 1:00PM.

Dinner up the Hill was great as usual. So nice to be with ten congenial people (and dogs) with lots of laughter. I walked home at ten and then watched the last of The Roosevelts series until midnight.

Today is another doggie day. My friend Joanne has an Australian Shepherd (Blue Heeler) who badly needs socialization so we are going to do a session with my two furries. I sure hope the rain stops by noon as I really don't want 12 muddy paws in the house.

Looking forward to a relaxing and fun Sunday and I already have dinner in the crockpot - cabbage and corned beef!

What are you doing for yourself today? Even a soak in the tub would be great.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:17 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Sonday morning! Jake and I are getting ready to spend the day at DD's. Both she and Carley and are singing in church this morning and ringing in the bell choir, and afterwards Jake is going to attack Monica's long "daddy-do" list.

Have a great day!
Old 09-21-2014, 07:57 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Thing I did for myself was sleep late after a mildly stressful day yesterday. So, I better get rolling and get dressed and get my smoothie made so I can head to work.

Happy Sunday everyone!
Old 09-21-2014, 07:58 AM   #11  

Height: 5'8"

Hi Linda and Ruth! Moving a little slowly this am after my dinner last night which was pasta and bread all around. Plus I'm very stuffed up and don't have any sinus medicine in the house...I'll have to get some on the way to church.

On tap for today is church, and then a church bbq after. My son has a social skills group which starts at 2:30pm, so we may have some time to kill in between the bbq and that, so might go to the NYC Transit Museum which is right in our neighborhood. We're members, so can pop in at any time for 5 minutes or 5 hours at no charge.

Then, I'm meeting a friend for a glass of wine at a wine bar in the area. After that, just coming home and making dinner, and hopefully getting to bed on the early side. This week will be a busy one because I'm taking Thursday and Friday off, so I have to get a bunch of things done earlier in the week.

Hope everyone has a great day today!
Old 09-21-2014, 08:28 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning it is dank and dreary here, so glad I am still off from work. Ruth sounds like you had a really nice day My mission today is to trim Mick's nails. We both enjoy it sooooo much lol He will get a little Benadryl to take the edge off.

Linda have fun at DD's hope the daddy do list isn't too long

Debbie sorry you were stressed yesterday. Hope today is better

Matilda Arthur Avenue is carb heaven lol. At least you didn't go to San Genero that is the Mecca of heavy yummy Italian cuisine. We stopped by when I worked nights a few years ago. I was miserable the rest of the shift. I think I had to unbutton my pants. It was so bad, but soooo good lol. Enjoy the BBQ and the museum.

Today is my last sick day from work. When you are out sick you need permission to leave your residence (food, grocery store, prescription, dr appt or religious services are valid reasons) I don't push it and just stay home, but am getting a little stir crazy. I actually finally cleaned out my file cabinet Whoo hoo took several hours, but so glad it is done.

I watched Enough Said with Julia Luis Dreyfus and James Gandolfini. Really cute movie. My cable company, Verizon FIOS, has free movies on demand until the 29th. So I see another chick flick in my plans for today.

Enjoy!
Old 09-21-2014, 08:44 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Yesterday was kinda of a hot day, I woke up this morning and the house if kinda of warm as well in fact the ac just kicked off. Should be cooling off a bit tomorrow.

Yesterday ended up just going to DD2 soccer game and then we went to Michael's to get supplies for her Halloween costume and then grocery shopping and that was it. DH was on his for 4 hours of standing at concert.

Today is a free day for me and DD2, DH is going to Rams game with friends. In store is baking some healthy recipes for breakfast and snacks for this week. DD2 wants to start working on costume as well.

Ruth sounds like you had a great time yesterday

Cottage enjoy the day with your DD

Debbie sorry to hear you had a stressful day yesterday hope today is better

Matilda sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you

Jekel glad you tackled and finished your job. I am going to try and watch some shows I missed this past today as well. I like on demand.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone!
Old 09-21-2014, 11:42 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 5"

Lazy day here. I will continue to do some laundry and plan the week's menu but that is about it. Probably get in some book time while DH watches football this afternoon and evening.

Have a good day chicks!
Closed Thread