South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 09-14-2014, 10:23 AM   #1  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Default New Beachers, Restarters?

I'm restarting South Beach today. I noticed quite a few people on the On Plan Thread who said they were planning to start/restart, and so thought I'd start a thread. Sometimes this will encourage people to post! If you'd likel, post your menu every day on the On Plan thread. Experienced Beachers will see it and give you tips, if you like. If you have any questions, raise them here, or make a separate post.

I had the shock of looking at my blog here (not active again yet) and finding I weighed 24 pounds less the last time I was here, not quite two years ago. If I needed more motivation, that was it. My first goal, then, will be to ditch that 24 pounds. I have a lot to go after that!

Last edited by Xan; 09-15-2014 at 09:18 AM.
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 05:11 PM   #2  
Xan
serial rejoiner

I thought I'd bump this up -- we have a couple of people who've introduced themselves in the past few days on the On Plan thread, and there were 3 or 4 last week who said they were starting or restarting. This is a good place to share experiences, ask questions.

I've been back on plan since Saturday -- and I haven't lost anything yet. Otherwise, meals are going well. I've planned the week and have been able to stick to it.

How are others doing?
Old 09-18-2014, 07:25 PM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Hi Xan,
I'm sort of starting Phase 1 - actually, I'm starting what has really worked for me in the past: Phase 1 Monday-Thursday (and avoiding wine on those days), and two cheat meals on the weekends plus allowing wine and on plan cocktail type snacks like cheese cracker, nuked pepperoni, roasted chickpeas, etc. This is my second week and I'm doing ok, although I am having some wine (right now!!) Wine is my biggest downfall...and when I have it I eat just a lot of on plan snacks.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 10:14 PM   #4  
Xan
serial rejoiner

What a good plan! I think I'd be afraid to try it right away, but there's some thought that changing routine is helpful to the metabolism, so I may try your plan at some point. Right now, I hate to admit it, but I'm disappointed. I've been on plan, and not hungry after the first two days (the Greek yogurt and 2 cups of iced tea in midafternoon helps!) but I GAINED a half-pound this morning (the first time I've weighed in since Saturday when I restarted). That's never happened before. I've been on and off diets (mostly WW) so I wasn't expecting the 5 pound loss the first week that I'd experienced my first time on SB, but I didn't expect a gain. To better days ahead.....
Old 09-19-2014, 07:07 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Xan are you drinking enough water? New studies show we should drink half our weight in ounces of water. I've been hitting this goal daily and it really seems to help me
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 08:04 AM   #6  
Xan
serial rejoiner

Jennifer, I try drink 8 glasses of water, and usually succeed. Never less than 6. When I was younger, drinking water definitely helped, but this time.... it's odd.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:38 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for starting this thread. It's always good to be reminded that you're not alone

I've been off plan- more off plan than I realized- all summer. I'm on day 12 of a clean Phase 1. Every time I get back on plan I regret having let the carbs sneak back in! I feel really good now. I'm staying off the scale this time. I get discouraged too easily when I don't see the numbers move. I'll weigh myself in a month or so.

I think I'll stay on Phase 1 until next Thursday, which is my birthday. I'm trying to make a plan to celebrate a little without over indulging. After that, I'll go phase 1.5- 1 piece of fruit daily and 1 or 2 meals with starches per week.

Cindy
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 04:46 PM   #8  
Xan
serial rejoiner

Welcome, Cindy! A birthday is a good goal. Good luck!
Old 09-22-2014, 12:43 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Back on the beach for me too. Today is day one, though I realized when I got to work that I forgot to get something to put in my coffee...so I used my french vanilla creamer I already had...bleh. I went shopping this weekend and stocked up on veggies. Searched through some P1 recipes and found some new ones to try. Made a GIANT batch of chicken chili, so I always have something on hand. Now, all I have to do is follow the plan! Easier said than done, right?

This has got to be my 6th time or so, restarting SB. Like many others here, I have no clue why I ever stop in the first place. Although, I'm similar to you Xan, when I slip up I just continue the slipper slope down. Really need to train my brain to know that a slip up is just that! Have your slip up, then move on....no dwelling on it, no feeling like a failure...just make better choices for the next meal/day.

My goal is to be in ONE-derland by Christmas, that's about 2 pounds a week. Since I certainly have the weight to lose (plus some) then I don't think it'll be problem. I may re-evaluate in a month, though

We got this chickies!!
jyoyo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 06:08 AM   #10  

Height: 5'8"

Welcome back Jyoyo! I've been in that position before re: coffee. I'm trying to like it black, because I frequently "forget the milk."
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 10:27 AM   #11  

Hi All,

I agree re: the coffee. I haven't used cream in my coffee for decades, but I was using sugar until last year. Getting to like coffee black- with nothing in it made life a little easier. Now the thought of putting sweetener or sugar in my coffee turns me off.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:33 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 270/270/160

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone. I'm Rhonda. Restarting SB after 4 years of regaining most of the weight I had lost. Did SB back in 2006 and lost 100# over 2 years. Emotionally I used food for comfort. With a few years of learning and now better at learning the love that God has for me has and is teaching me about what it means to love myself regardless of my weight.

Started the plan on Monday. Committed myself to eating out last night...could have been worse...and tonight the sweet tooth hit. But after it's done, it's done!

Any tricks for getting a picture loaded? Thought I got the parameters down and a picture showed up but then it always fails.

Very glad to be here.
Imashrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 11:12 AM   #13  

Hi All

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. I had an off-plan day on my birthday. I didn't really enjoy it that much to be honest. I went back on phase 1 yesterday, just to make sure I get back on track. I'll move forward to incorporating some fruit this week.

How is the restarting going?
Old 09-28-2014, 04:25 PM   #14  
Goddess of All

S/C/G: 174.5/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi! I started 13 days ago and have lost 6.6 pounds. Tomorrow I get to have fruit!! I haven't been a big fruit eater, but I've missed it. I've found that I no longer have an appetite. I get hungry, but no cravings at all. I've even forgotten that I need to eat! Oh, and I'm no longer "obese" but now just "overweight." Ah, the milestones we reach!
goddessmeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 07:59 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Goddessmeg great job!!!!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote