South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 06:16 PM   #1  

Default Tahoemom-I'm SLT also!

I posted in the Prevention thread yesterday and per Dentrassi's instructions, I lurked the daily thread and saw you! What a kick!
I noticed you registered in Dec-were you on SBD then? I've been on since end of May, have lurked the Prevention site all this time and just looked into 3FC a few days ago. I mostly lurk but try to read everyday-at least until school starts-I work in the office of STMS-been with the district (Meyers Elem) for 17 years. Good for you for restarting-I'm cheering for you.
Old 07-30-2003, 05:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'6"

Sierrahigh,
I am sorry I didn't see this post earlier. I was looking for an old thread about some cheese snack and I came across your thread/post.

To answer your question if I had been on SBD since December, the answer is no. I have been trying to do WW on my own since then, without a ton of success. I kept losing the same 5 pounds over and over again. I started SBD on July 5 (the first time) and just restarted it on Monday, July 28. I am enjoying this way of eatting and did well until my daughters birthday last Thursday.

I also lurk along the boards, I said to someone earlier that I find I can read some posts to keep me motivated, but the kids hardly ever allow me to actually do any posting of my own.

How is this way of eatting working for you? Since you have been doing it longer, what do you think the challenges are?

The battle is beginning again, so I will end here.

Tahoemom (a Meyers gal actually)
Old 08-01-2003, 05:16 PM   #3  

Hi Tahoe-I'm a Meyers gal too-in fact, my next door neighbor is starting the SBD next week so I hope to hook her up on this board. She has never done message boards before so I thought this site would be a good beginning for her. We could have our own Meyers Chicks thread!
I think you said you had a 5yr old-will he/she be starting kdgn in Sept? At Meyers Elem? My DH tells me the principal there has started SBD (I worked with her for 14 years). What grade did you teach-were you with LTUSD?
I'm currently facing several challenges with SBD. I did really well on Phase I-a fact that I remind myself of often when I start to slipup. I am losing probably a pound a week now after stalling -I am testing foods without any logical plan. I am exercising which I think is important. Even though cravings are gone, I face mental/emotional desires. I know I am eating differently and am more aware of what I am eating-looking for bad carbs and all that, which I look at as a huge positive. I've gotten a wealth of information from the prevention board about the GI and combining foods with fat, protein, or acid to lower the GI-hopefully I am using that information intelligently!
Enough for my rambling thoughts for now. Have a great weekend and watch those thunderstorms!
Old 08-02-2003, 11:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi Sierrahigh,

I just got back from Safeway and picked up some apples. I am planning on adding those on Monday. I am having a tough time with breakfast because I don't like eggs. At the beginning I was eatting ham and a piece of cheese, but it just wasn't doing it for me. Lately I have been having nuts, but end up eatting too many. My plan on Monday is to have half of an apple and some cheese. I know the book says not to eat fruit in the morning, but I don't know what else to do.

I realized it has been almost a month (7/5) since starting SBD. In that month I have slipped 5 days. I feel pretty good about that. Are you finding it hard to be true to the plan?

You asked about my daughter who is 6 now if she goes to Meyers. No, she was one of the 6 girls in the St. Theresa's kindergarten class. I subbed for LTUSD, but was teaching full and then part time at St. Theresa School. I left teaching after having my second. I am planning on trying to get on as a sub at the district when my youngest enters first grade, which won't be for 3 more years.

I hope you friend joins in with us at 3 fat chicks. This is my first, and so far only, place I ever post or even read messages.

Take care

P.S. It is our fault that we are having such a wet summer, we had to rip off and replace part of our roof. The rain started the day after the roof was exposed. We are trying to do the repairs ourself so we haven't completed them. I am sure once we are done we will go back to our usual Tahoe summers.
Closed Thread