South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 05:10 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Tuesday Beach Chat, August 26

Good Morning

I'm up doing chores and drinking coffee. I procrastinated taking my bike off the car before it rained last night so I snuck out this morning and brought it in just before it started raining again. Oh well. At least it's clean now although the seat would be a bit wet for a ride today. Perhaps it will be dry by tomorrow when I have a day off.

Work today. That's it.

What's on your agenda? Stop and say hi!
Old 08-26-2014, 05:24 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

I'm always at work (or something) by the time everyone gets here. I always read the goings on from my phone but it's too difficult for me to post much from it.

Ruth, I've been meaning to ask what kind of a light you use for sewing? It was a miracle I got the machine threaded yesterday.

Matilda, so sorry to hear about your DH's crazy injury. Wishing him a speedy recovery! PS I've continued my home stuff usingFlylady's ideas. I don't check the website at all anymore but have a handy list of the zones and it's helped to get DH on board a bit with helping by focusing on a zone per week plus daily small stuff.

sophie,exciting, as you prepare for your trip, that you don't have to buy many clothes. When do you leave?

Jennifer, glad you got on your bike even though you had a tough night. Thinking of you as Mick is having a difficult time. We can rationalize so much with our pets yet it is always so emotional as the really visible signs of ageing are in motion. Take care.

Karen, I had wondered if I was just so busy that I'd missed you. Glad you're having fun with DH's genealogy.

Beth, good for you heading to school early for a bit of organizing. It will sure make a difference next week when lots more is happening.

Cyndi, hope you got your walk in.

Twynn, glad you enjoyed your time away!

Natasha, how was your Thai food? It's one of my favorites!

Linda, amazing Maggie is in middle school now! I've been meaning to mention to you how well spaghetti squash hold up when you put them somewhere cool and dark. I had one that was edible more than a year after I harvested it.

Pearlrose, I still can't believe your heat wave. I hope your meetings went well.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 08-26-2014 at 05:26 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:31 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Woke at midnight and lay awake fretting until 4, then dropped off to sleep for a while. Somehow I think I need more than three hours of sleep. Maybe I'll buy some Gravol today - if I have time. It's looking pretty booked with meetings and a Township meeting until after seven tonight.

Insomnia sucks!
Old 08-26-2014, 05:38 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Ruth, I know many of us would agree, insomnia sucks! I hope you feel better today after some coffee.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:47 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks, Debbie. I'm counting on it making a difference. So will a shower and shampoo.

I've just been waaaay too busy lately and am badly in need of a vacation from it all. Next week should be better - it won't be hard to be better than this one! I sure am glad we are having summer-like weather though - more rain would put me over the edge.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

That darned insomnia bug was busy last night! I took Melatonin before I went to bed but it didn't work, and finally took an Ambien at midnight. Now I'm a little fuzzy, but at least I did get some sleep!

How's your DH's knee, Matilda?

I have an appointment to get my hearing aids this afternoon, then have to run back to the farm to pick up Audrey and take her to her violin lesson in West Chester. In the meantime, I have to periodically call my dad to make sure he's following his colonoscopy prep correctly. If I don't remind him when to take what, he'll get all confused.

Debbie, I know you can keep both butternut and spaghetti squash for a while, but I'm having trouble coming up with a cool, dark, dry, place to store them. I have dozens of each and I don't want them to go to waste.

Beth, I'm glad you are enjoying the soup recipe. It tastes even better the next day!
Old 08-26-2014, 06:51 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8"

What's Gravol, Ruth, is it a sleep aid? I heard a crazy little insomnia recipe - mix equal parts of sea salt and and sugar, wet your finger in the mixture and put it under your tongue when you wake in the middle of the night. Might be worth a try? Here's a link to info: http://butterbeliever.com/how-to-fall-back-asleep/. I've not tried it myself.

TMI: AF is back, after arriving only 17 days ago. This perimenopause stuff is not fun! Once you complete menopause, do you feel better or more normal? This is a real roller coaster ride.

Today I'm going to sand and seal my final countertop. Tomorrow morning I'll wax them and then they will be good to go! I'm excited to finish this project - of course now the paint color on the lower cabinets below the counter is all wrong. I'll post pix.

Hope everyone has a great day today!
Old 08-26-2014, 06:56 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

That insomnia cure sounds interesting, Matilda. I wonder if it really works? Sorry about the Aunt Flo visit. I only had a few uncomfortable moments, but once you're finally over it, it's wonderful!
Old 08-26-2014, 07:20 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

You chicks are so chatty in the morning!

Ruth, I know a couple of ladies in PA that wouldn't mind a visit if you need to get away .

Lexiss - thanks for starting us off. Hope work goes by quickly, so you can enjoy your day off!

Cottage - you sound pretty busy today too! I was going to try storing my squash in the basement to see how long they last. The one on my counter had a worm in it....eeeewwww.....

Matilda - ahhh, the things I have to look forward to. I was getting really irregular there, but have straightened out.

It's my day off!! I have lots of things to get done, and I am going into work to meet my co-manager in my hometown (vs. the one I work at an hour away). There's just too much to go over, so silly me volunteered. I also am getting my car serviced, and have PT apt for my neck/shoulder. Somewhere in there is my nap?!

Have a great day!
Old 08-26-2014, 08:08 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning! Another nice summer day here- finally!! Such a wet and rainy summer.

After breakfast I need to go to town and do a few errands, then will also put in an hour or two in my classroom. I try to ease into it: unpack supplies one day, put up posters and bulletin boards the next, etc. All too soon it will be time to start for real!

Sorry to hear about all the insomnia around here. Luckily, I don't usually have that problem.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 08-26-2014, 08:10 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

I know I get up super early for work, but you chicks are always on the go way too early

Ruth I hope you get some much needed sleep.

Mmckellen that is one interesting remedy. Hope DH is coming along. Can't wait to see pics of the counters.

Linda try and stay home until you are not fuzzy please.

Tammy going in on your day off is very generous of you. I know you volunteered, but maybe they can let you go home early one day in return.

Bought a beautiful hand blown glass orb. It is meant to be filled with oil. Joe and I went to Tannersville for Mexican (totally not going near the scale today) It is a cute little town with lots of artsy antique stores. The store we were in was closing so I got it half off. Joe asked if I bought it for an early Christmas present. I said yes for me to replace my Gallileo thermometer my son accidentally broke.
I think I will light it after he leaves for college.

Silly but I think I need little things to look forward to since I willbe here with just the pups. Today is more shopping for school, last minute lab materials. Nothing major. Then we are going to attempt to pack his clothes. I think my ex is going to either come by Friday before we leave or follow us to the school. Normally I would tell him to ride with us, but I rented a van from Uhaul which only seats 2.

Ok I could babble all day guess I should get moving
Old 08-26-2014, 08:41 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Another hot day here, should be last day with heat index in the 100's then we will just be in the 90's lol, way for summer to show up at the end. AC is cranking and so are my dehumidifiers, I brought one to the second floor to help with the humidity.

Debbie well at least your bike got cleaned.

Ruth sorry you couldn't sleep

Cottage hope you get everything accomplished sounds like you have a lot on your plate for today

Matilda sorry to hear about your DH knee hope it is getting better.

Twynn that was nice of you to volunteer to get some work stuff done today, hope you get that nap in

Beth I am lucky too that I don't seem to have sleep problems other than night sweats but that is a different story

Jekel are you off then until you take DS to college? I guess I have been lucky as both of mine went local and stayed home haha

Today is wfh I have to get some prep work done for the project we are kicking off. Going to try do as much wfh as I can so it is quiet so I can get it done. I do have two meetings but will just conference in for them.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-26-2014, 10:46 AM   #13  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Matilda - I hate the unpredictability! I thought I was done but apparently not.

Saw the hip doc today and was not happy with what he told me. Basically, he said if I should restrict activity and not do things that hurt because it might mean it would make it worse over time. I'm going to try hiking again, gradually, because I'm just not ready to give that up. I'll try the bike inside too. (I haven't biked in maybe two years because of OTHER injuries!) Sigh.

Getting my hair done today. Will be working again on the family tree; starting with one mystery of a marriage from 1654.

Have a great day.
Closed Thread