South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 05:20 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Terrific Tuesday, SBD Chat, August 12

Good Morning

I'm up enjoying some morning coffee and working on my list of pre-work chores. Yesterday was DD's birthday and I finally felt I was finished with my little bug so I headed down after work to deliver flowers and a WW Carrot cake from WhFoods. We had an enjoyable time visiting and the baby is a week old already. Amazing!

Today...just work.

What's on your agenda? Stop and say hi
Old 08-12-2014, 06:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's raining here this morning, but it's a welcome rain since everything was starting to get a bit dry. Maggie is supposed to compete in a riding event this afternoon, though.

That's very sad news about Robin Williams. We never know what kind of cross other people are carrying, do we? He will sure be missed.

I had planned to get a load of laundry done before I leave this morning, but I just can't get motivated. I guess I can get it done this evening, just as well. All I feel like doing this AM is chatting with you all and sipping my coffee.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

She's a week old already? Fastest week ever. Glad you're feeling better!

Today is my daddy's birthday, which for those not around long, he died over 2 years ago. But, when we got our Emma Jean (the dog), I designated her birthday as today (since we didn't know), to hold more good memories on this day. Happy Birthday!

Today is my day off, and it is a miserable gloomy one out there. The kids have an event at the local library (legos in motion), and I have some errands. Otherwise, I think the amish auction "over the mountain" is on Tuesdays...if it's indoors, that would be fun to go to! (must...avoid...baked goods...) I do need to figure out my lunches for the rest of the week and make that. Yesterday was a hodge podge.

Mmmmm, coffee is good this AM!
Old 08-12-2014, 07:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Debbie, it is surprising that your new grandson is a week old already! How is his big sister doing?

Tammy, hold on to those precious memories of your dad and do something special today in his honor. It's been just over a year since I lost my mother, and I miss her so much. The Amish auction sounds like a fun way to spend the day!
Old 08-12-2014, 07:06 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

HI everyone,
I just got back from my overnight sleep study. Let's just say I didn't sleep well with all those electrodes attached to me. I don't really understand how they can measure sleep accurately in such unnatural conditions, but I guess they can. The overnight nurse was very nice and I'll get the results in a week or so.

Debbie, I also cannot believe the baby is one week old. Time just seems to be flying by this August like nobody's business!

I'll weigh in on Thursday for the first time since August 1. Here's hoping I've lost weight...I've done well with my food (just two cheat meals) but have had wine a couple of days which is not allowed on Phase 1.

Hope everyone has a great day today.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:12 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Same here, Cottage. It's a gloomy morning here and we are heading into four days of rain. The good news is that the gardens need it; the bad news is that I did not get those seeds planted yesterday.

Spent yesterday morning with Katherine our events planner, working out what needs to be done for the Saturday gala. Today is my supervision day so I will get a couple of staff to sweep the Hall floor and arrange tables and chairs. Since it's a rainy day, there won't be many visitors to tour the Mill. K.'s favourite uncle is on life support so we want as much done ahead as possible.

Not sure what the rest of the day will bring - probably not outside work. I guess some tidying or cleaning will be on the list since I have a house inspection tomorrow for the addition that was completed years ago. Somebody at the Township Office was searching through old building permits and found mine had not been closed off! Sure hope we don't have to move out!

Debbie, we WILL get baby pictures, I hope.

Tammy, I must designate a day to be Millie's birthday. Hmmm. Maybe the day I got her.

Time to crank up the day since I need to be "on" by 10. that it'll be a quiet day with just a few visitors so I can get the Hall all organized.

Another coffee first though.

at Mmckellan. for the weigh-in although you probably don't need luck.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:22 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning from Burlington. I never sleep well when I'm away from home. I woke up at 3 because I heard the dog bark (she usually wakes me up around then to lift her onto the bed). of course there is no dog here
I'll catch-up from home tonight.

Last edited by CyndiM; 08-12-2014 at 08:32 PM.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:43 AM   #8  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

rain here too but I have lots of food prep for dd and family visit. Want to enjoy my grandkids instead of spending time in kitchen. So after living here some 30 odd years I found out about a seafood outlet. Had to go, its huge and what a variety of fish(we love fish). Its not cheap but looks fresh and they have a huge selection of italian cookware and goodies. I left a bit poorer
been reading robin william quotes this morning.
Take care
Sophie
Old 08-12-2014, 07:48 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Cyndi I hear things to when I am away.

Tammy what a great way to celebrate your dad. Mick shares his birthday with my Aunt Gail and cousin Kevin (10/15). He will be 15.

McM good luck Thursday. Remember the scale doesn't always show our success.

Looks like rain for everyone. Guess we will eat indoors tonight. Going to my dear friend Ed's for dinner. Jen (his wife) and I will have wine while he cooks lol a Great arrangement if you ask me.

Thanks for the support this past week. I have to go for an ultrasound next week. if it shoes anything, the dr doesn't care how small, she will biopsy it. Fortunately the lump I was concerned about is my rib. LOL did I feel silly. The consultation was thorough. She did say no matter what I must have ultra sounds with my mammography from now. A the tissue is too dense or maybe I am too dense lol

Time to swap the laundry and get a few things accomplished. Like what am I going to eat this week. Looks like creamy Mexican chicken since I have all the ingredients.

Have a great day
Old 08-12-2014, 08:57 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Been a crazy morning already, had an employee send an email stating he wasn't coming back from his vacation.

I am starting to stress over system admin training we are receiving next week, I think they are going to expect us (myself included) to be able to do everything after our training and am worried we do not have the skillset to do.

Debbie so glad you got to go yesterday.

Cottage I know so sad, we were all stunned at our house- loved his work

Matilda hope the results come back with good news

Ruth we finally have sunshine for a few days.

Cyndi hope you get to catch up on your sleep tonight

Sophie glad you find a great place to shop for seafood

Jekel hope your results are good as well

Tonight DD2 has soccer practice that is about it on the schedule

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-12-2014, 09:19 AM   #11  

Height: 5'8"

Jekel I also have very dense breasts and always have to have an ultrasound with my mammo (also have had a biopsy years ago). I know it's going to sound crazy, but painting iodine on your breasts really really helps with the density and breast pain. You could google this if you want but I can personally attest that it works, sometimes in a matter of days. You need to get the real iodine (povidone iodine or something like that). Just apply with a cotton pad. If you try it, I'm interested in your results. Seems so simple.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:38 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 164/162/134

Height: 5'2"

It is a gloomy Tuesday here, too, but I woke ready to face my day and grateful for the good health of family and friends.
Onward, ho!
Be fearless today, ladies!
Old 08-12-2014, 01:31 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 5"

I was here this morning but I guess I didn't post.

We have a few busy days ahead as both of my kids will be heading back to school at the end of the week. Of course, they have to go to opposite ends of the state! I love having them home but they sure run up the food bill.

Have a great day, chicks!
Closed Thread