South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 05:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default T.B.I.N.F. (too bad it's not Friday) THURSDAY Beach Chat - 08/07/14

Good morning, ladies! Feeling much better after sleeping 11 hours before work, LOL

Ruth - I think Dunkin Donuts uses that lingo, too. I don't even know what it means! LOL In the public safety world it means 2 days in a row of working double shifts. Thankfully I'm not the bear my partner is when he works a double. He's a nice guy, but I can't handle overly negative people. Ugh! I can totally relate to your mixup with the cards...I have a HUGE fear of doing that with my Paypal accounts. One is my personal account and the other I've set up to take payments for my high school reunion.

Beth - It's going to be OT. We only work 2 communications officers to a shift, so if one takes off it creates yet another OT shift...so comp time would be kind of counteractive in that regards. It's okay with me, though...I like the OT and will probably take a shift this Friday (my 2nd day off).

Lexxiss - Glad to hear everybody is doing well. Can't wait to see pics!

Mmckellen - I would wait until next Thursday. I never weigh around TOM...it's just depressing. I literally gain anywhere from 5 - 10 pounds in bloat during TOM. Ugh!

Alright...todays plans are basically to do laundry and maybe go for a little hike. Jaime just started back to the gym and I need to do the same. I have the Rock n Roll 5K in Philly in September and I don't want to be as out of shape as I was when I did the Wounded Warrior one back in June!

Have a great day, ladies!
Old 08-07-2014, 06:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks for starting us off, Natasha! I'm so glad things are going so great for you. What does mom think of you moving to the northeast now?!

More of the same for me - yesterday was slow, today is busier. We're going camping tomorrow, so ran out for stuff last night, packing tonight. As boss, I decided each vet could take one Fri afternoon a month off, mine's tomorrow . Emma Jean gets to go camping with us this time, I'm sure she'll be thrilled!
Old 08-07-2014, 07:08 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Natasha, thanks for getting us started!

Feeling tired....went to Denver after work...pup was out of meds so we headed to Costco then out to dinner. I may not do much today....we will see.

Think I'll head back to bed but here are a couple of pictures. I wish we felt better and could participate!

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 08-08-2014 at 04:49 AM.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:08 AM   #4  

Twynn - Oh, yay, camping! I haven't been in over a year now and I miss it! Mom is doing much better with my move now...she's actually coming to visit me for Thanksgiving! Although I think, honestly, she's secretly happy I'm dating a man in Florida which could give me a reason to move back South, LOL
Old 08-07-2014, 07:09 AM   #5  

Good morning, Lexxiss! That's a cruel joke, not actually attaching the pictures! LOL
Old 08-07-2014, 07:22 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natasha1534 View Post
Good morning, Lexxiss! That's a cruel joke, not actually attaching the pictures! LOL
I don't understand....do you not see them?
Old 08-07-2014, 07:28 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Debbie - So cute!!!

I have physical therapy this morning and work the closing shift tonight. Will spend time looking at hotels for our Ecuador trip. Need to try to figure out what part of town we want. (And what might have a laundromat nearby!)

Got confirmation that my guess at biological grandfather was correct. The only living relative I've been able to uncover on his side would be my father's half-sister's husband. (Did you follow that?!) I do plan to reach out to him but will wait to see if the court archives in Massachusetts come through finding some documentation so I can share some proof. Would like to see what he can tell me about the family and if he has photos.

My vegetarian taco salad was horrible! Not sure if it was the seasoning itself or that it didn't stick well with the beans. Next time I guess I'll go with beans alone.

Have a great day.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:31 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I see them! What a little cutie!

Today there is no rain in the forecast. Sure would be good to get a hot and sunny weekend but I think they are lying with that forecast just to make us feel better.

I'm off to the Clinic for some long-neglected bloodwork so don't have coffee. I may go out for breakfast after the stabbing by Nurse Dracula. After that - who knows? Just because the calendar is clear doesn't mean an easy day but I'll work on it!

See you later.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:48 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning! Kind of overcast right now following last night's rain but we are expecting sun later and possibly through the weekend. I am hoping to get back out and putter in the garden today.

Weight has been discouraging this week. I had spiked up in July, for reasons I don't fully understand. Doing PI has given me the initial whosh (just over 4 pounds) but now I am looking to tackle my August goal and I'm not optimistic about it going easily. I'm thinking it might be the dreaded middle age effect...Oh well, will try to eat OP and see what happens. It just goes on so quickly and easily!

Enough whining!
Great pictures, Debbie!

Have a good day, chicks!
Old 08-07-2014, 08:53 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Natasha what a great title because that is exactly how I feel today, too bad it's not Friday. I am dragging today I guess first full week back from vacation.

Debbie great pictures he is just too cute, hope you get to participate soon.

Karen great that you go confirmation and hope you can find out more information.

to everyone else.

Tonight supposed to be DD2 soccer practice if it doesn't rain we shall see. I need to go to the store to pick up some more eggs and fruit as well.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-07-2014, 10:21 AM   #11  

Height: 5'8"

Hi ladies,
Thanks Natasha - I did not weigh this morning. I will just do it next Thursday. AF still has not arrived grrrrr and I'm definitely retaining water.

Debbie, so cute...I am mourning my son growing older right now and these bring back memories. Oh, how I would have done things differently if I knew then what I know now! I would have treasured more moments. Ok, I had better stop this right now! He's off on a camp overnight, so I guess that's why I'm maudlin.

Work today, and then I'm out with a friend tonight (planned off plan). Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-07-2014, 11:22 AM   #12  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Goo. Themorning

Natasha. You certainly have lots of energy working those long hours

Tammy sounds like you enjoy being boss but there must be lots of responsibility with it also

Debbie. What a beautiful baby boy. Im sure you'll get lots of time with him when everyone has gone

Ruth. Can't believe the nice weather we are having. Hope there's not too much a problem drawing blood

Beth. Dont get discouraged. This happens to women

Pearlrose. Next week will be easier

Mmc they really grow fast. I know what you mean by treasuring moments. Its hard to believe that I'm a grandma and enjoying every momemt

off downtown for having my orthodontics molded.
So ladies this weekend is a special birthday for me. Let's just say that I have been a senior for 5 years. Tomorrow dh and I are going for a picnic at my favorite spot in Niagara on the lake and Saturday celebrating with my sons. Dh is on holidays in s.c. and will be here next week. I feel so lucky and not at all depressed about it
take care Sophie
Old 08-07-2014, 03:59 PM   #13  

Height: 5'8"

Happy Birthday in advance Sophie!!! It sounds like it will be a great day.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:45 PM   #14  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hello Beachers I don't know where my mornings go but I am always running late. Today is my Friday but I have to work a bit this weekend so not quite as good as usual. Tomorrow is Date Day because we both have to work this weekend. On Tim's short weeks it's just date night because we have the weekend but on the long weeks it's date day. We have a thing about keeping that new relationship energy going. I think kayaking is on the agenda.

Natasha - I hope to be in the Boston area at Thanksgiving too. The grandbaby is due 11/19 so we promised to go down and make dinner for the new family
Has your Mom been to Boston before?

Twynn- Enjoy your trip! We camped as many weekends as we could when DD was young and we treasure those memories. It's such great family time.
We've had three trips so far this year and hope to get 2 or maybe 3 more in before it's too cold.

Debbie - Aww, so sweet, thanks for sharing

Karen - I wonder if homemade refried beans would be better?

Ruth - Hope the stabbing was quick and painless. Did you really escape rain all day?

Beth - Happy puttering

Rose - Hope the day was easier than anticipated. I swear the weeks before and after vacation are the longest weeks of the year.

Mmckellen - Happy evening out!

Sophie - Have a marvelous birthday week. Sounds like some special things planned, as it should be.

Now to get some things done around here while Tim is working. Tuesday was a lazy night so I want to get a few chores off my list tonight.

Happy almost Friday!
Closed Thread