South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 06:43 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday Chatter - September 4

Good morning! Summer came back and I am trying to enjoy it as much as I can. The AC has been running off and on the past few days after being ignored all summer. I guess I can put off the wardrobe switch until later this month.

Confession: Yesterday I finally went to town to shop - been avoiding the back-to-school crowds - and did get sucked in by the Chinese buffet. Three whole pounds up this morning. I know it's water retention but still ... My resistance muscle needs stiffening. Of course going to town at noon is part of the problem Duh!

We are offering Ploughman's Lunch again Friday (for the nebulous bus tour that may or may not happen) and on Saturday for the general public. We are supposed to close Labour Day but tours have been booked and we will be milling and selling bread. Luckily I have some volunteers to help with food service. This morning I will go to the Hall to change flowers and do some prep - an easy-peasy day.

First I'll tackle some niggles. The first will be to make a list of niggles. Sort of silly to feel you've tackled the niggles just by listing them!

So how does your Thursday look from over your coffee mug?
Old 09-04-2014, 06:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

That evil Chinese buffet, Ruth! Unfortunately, it's my son's favorite. Gratefully, I avoid most of the rice/noodles, but have a hard time avoiding salt!

I gotta get moving - making Mexican chicken cass for dinner. I see my PT after work tonight, she *might* get a few grumbles .

Have a great day!
Old 09-04-2014, 06:51 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning Ruth. I'm glad you've gotten at least a little bit of summer!

DH was not certified to return to work today - has to wait until Monday. I'm a little relieved that he will have more time to heal but he's driving me and himself crazy by being home!! Luckily he seems to realize that. DS starts school today - he did get into the free afterschool program (yay!), and they have an orientation/welcome BBQ tomorrow, so DH will be able to attend with us.

Work is getting busy, lots of students around so that's good. My office has a huge window (this is after working in a cave for 7 years) but unfortunately the blinds don't close...however, new blinds will be installed next Tuesday, and I'm hoping to put together a little 15 minute workout routine to do in the middle of the day. I have my hula hoop in my office, and plan to add a mini tabata and some arm strength exercises. The reason I have to wait for the blinds for this is that my office is on the ground floor, and I would become free entertainment for the masses if I started hula hooping with no blinds. Also, my intention is to start the 30 day shred on Sunday.

Hope everyone has a great day today!
Old 09-04-2014, 06:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Ruth, since you went first, I'll confess I had Chinese Tuesday night.

Today's my last day of work before vacation, woohoo! I don't have much to do at work, but I'll have to look for things to keep me busy and keep the day from dragging.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

What are you doing for vacation, Linda?!?

Wow, Matilda...that's really ambitious to do a workout routine there!
Old 09-04-2014, 07:27 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

A quick hello this morning. I'm getting ready to travel over the hill with my mom and my sister for my sisters treatment today. We are going to try to get the extra bedroom at our place over there ready so she'll have a sleepover spot. They've been driving back-and-forth but she has an 815 appointment tomorrow which makes that option pretty inconvenient.
I talked my mom out of going with us yesterday and so my sis and I had a nice day to ourselves. We went to an AA meeting then went out with the girls afterwords for lunch at whole foods. We both got some errands done and then when we were driving down to the local organic market we saw the farmers market so we parked the car and walked a couple blocks and bought our veggies there. I bought a small organic cantaloupe and that ended up being my dinner. By the time I got home and sat outside while I watched my husband dig out purple potatoes one of the tenants needed to come over and drop off his rent check then proceeded to talk to us for half an hour. It was just too late to cook dinner.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-04-2014, 09:18 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I am tired this am, we had an issue at work so I was online at home until 9 p.m. then tried to take a nap so I could relieve a co worker at Midnight but my boss interrupted my sleep and then I woke up at 1:30 to ask why my co worker hadn't called he was like go back to bed we are done.

Needless to say, 4:45 a.m. alarm wake up was hard. I am so glad this only happens so very infrequently.

Another scorcher today in the high 90's for today and tomorrow and then we drop to the 70's for the weekend. Whewhoo

Ruth- you were brave to face the scale this morning.

Tywnn hope your PT gives you some neck relief

Cottage I bet you can't wait till tomorrow

Debbie sounds like you have a busy day as usual.

Tonight I need to stop for groceries on the way home and DD2 has soccer practice tonight and I predict early bedtime for myself

Have a great day!

Last edited by Pearlrose; 09-04-2014 at 09:18 AM.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:05 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 5"

Just wanted to check in and say hello. HOT here today; where was this weather during August??

Ruth
, the Chinese buffet always tempts me. I manage to avoid the rice/noodles/fried items, but even the meat and veggies have soooo much salt. I always spike up 2 or 3 pounds when I go there.

Matilda, good for you exercising at work!! The best I do is walk with a colleague after work.

Pearl, hope you get to bed early!!

Tammy, I love that casserole but DH is really stuck on tacobake!

Cottage
, you must be very excited.

Debbie
, hope your day went smoothly.

Have a great evening, chicks!
Old 09-04-2014, 10:04 PM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good evening I made it to the weekend! Why are shorter weeks so exhausting? I can barely keep my eyes open tonight. Turns out I do have to do some work Saturday but hopefully just a few hours.

I'll be back tomorrow when I have more energy
Closed Thread