South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 05:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default FANTASTIC Friday Beach Chat for 07/25/14

Yes, that man of mine has put another huge smile on my face. I love how a simple text from him can make my whole day.

Woke up today (uhh, yesterday to you guys???) to no power. Normally, that would be a PITA, but not a huge deal. Today, though, it was laundry day...so my newly washed uniforms were sitting in the washer waiting for me to dry them. Of course this would be the one day my bra strap tangled around them all and pretty much twisted them into one giant knotted wreath of wrinkled polyester. It was looking like the night was going to be spent in very wet, very wrinkled uniforms, but thankfully the power came back on just in the nick of time! Crisis averted!

Got my Christmas shopping done for my mom. I know, right??? She was planning to come see me for a week at Thanksgiving, so I bought her plane tickets for her. I'm so excited for her to finally come visit and see that her baby girl really IS happy up here. She's funny, though...she must have asked me a half dozen times if she REALLY can just sit on the sofa and drink wine on Thanksgiving while my roommate and I cook Thanksgiving dinner, LOL

Ruth - Sounds like your newest family member is fitting in well.

Beth - I am only an early bird b/c, for me, this is like noon time for me right now, LOL I don't like being awake during the daylight unless I'm traveling or I've got something outdoorsy and fun I plan on doing!

Cottage - How hard was the spaghetti squash to grow? I eat it pretty often and am just thinking, if it's easy, I might look into growing my own next year. My roommate already has a garden, so it'd just be adding one more row.

Good morning, ladies...have a good day!!!
Old 07-25-2014, 06:30 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

What a chirpy earlybird you are, Natasha! A great way to start the day - aside from coffee, of course.

The dog alarm woke me up with a bit of a barking duet. They are staying together in the back room and kitchen at night. Millie was crated just the first night - I sure wasted my $ buying that crate! She is wiggling her way into my heart day by day. Her quirky looks make me smile. She and Jazz are great pals and together almost all the time. I need to do a lot of leash work with her - thinking of getting a Gentle Leader to make it better for us both.

Today is day 2 of the Fair and it looks like a good one weatherwise. In a few minutes, I am going to drive over there with the crockpot of stew and hope somebody is around to lug it into the Fair Office. That big pot is very heavy and also hot. (I heated it up again this morning as the guys who were on security duty will appreciate a hot breakfast.) Weather is looking good for today anyhow - sunny and a high of 79!

I found a bit of time to do some sewing yesterday! I can't believe how much time it's been since I did any sewing for me. I shortened some jacket sleeves, did some mending and realized I was working on something I bought last fall. there are several pair of pants to shorten too. It seems I've only been using my $$$ machine for quilting.

Time to saddle up and mosey over to the Fair Office. Art's truck just drove by and he will have put the coffee on. See y'all later.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning y'all!

Thanks Natasha for starting us off on a such a good note today! Thank goodness the electric came on on time.

Ruth, that little girl sounds like such a gem! You always feel horrible of what she had/went through...but that means she's yours now!

TGIF - although I have to work tomorrow. This week seems to go on and on and on. Work has been steady. My run yesterday completely wore me out (is that normal?) and I didn't feel right til after lunch. Needless to say, I skipped this morning to recuperate.

They call today at work "Food Friday". Gratefully, the place they normally order from has fantastic salads!
Old 07-25-2014, 07:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning. It's a tad bit chilly here this morning, but the sun feels good.

Natasha, I'm glad you didn't have to show up for work in a wet, wrinkly uniform! That's sweet that you bought the plane tickets for your mother, and I bet she can't wait to visit you in MA. Spaghetti squash is super east to grow. I buy seedlings, but you can just pop seeds into the soil and keep them moist. They practically take care of themselves.

Ruth, it sounds like Millie and Jazz are getting along just fine. I will miss having a beer with you and your friends in the beer tent this year!

After giving the house a good cleaning, I'm going to pick up Dad and take him for a nice drive and stop for lunch. He's a little upset that I'm going away for a week, but I've told him over and over that both my brothers and other family members have promised to check in on him while I'm gone, and I'll have all his meds sorted out for him before I go. I know he'll be just fine. It would be nice if my brothers would visit him more often than they do, though.

Supper tonight is going to be homemade spelt crust pizza with sliced tomatoes, and basil from my garden, and dotted with ricotta and fresh mozzarella. It should be a pleasant evening to enjoy it on the patio with wine.

Good morning, Tammy!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 07-25-2014 at 07:01 AM.
Old 07-25-2014, 07:05 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, ladies! Not much going on around here; did I mention I love summer? Looks to be another beautiful day.

Natasha, isn't it amazing (and a little scary) how going without electricity can shut down our day?? Glad it worked out for you.

Ruth
, glad Millie is working out so well and you had a good day without too many fair-related interruptions.

Tammy, have a good day at work and here's to willpower to stay OP.

Cottage, I need to follow your example and do some cleaning also.

I'm sad it's the last weekend in July. Doesn't summer go by too fast?
Old 07-25-2014, 07:50 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I read and thought "Is is really Friday?" Yes, it is. Thanks, Natasha, for getting us started and keeping me organized. Sweet that such a simple text mad your day....and I'm so glad you're back with us!

Tammy, enjoy your "Food Friday".

Ruth, enjoy the fair festivities! I'm envious....I miss our Alaska fairs, both State and local.

Cottage, I was going to mention my spaghetti squash lasted all winter in the basement....they stored extremely well! Enjoy your meet-up with your dad

Beth, not much to do sounds wonderful! Enjoy whatever you choose!

Me, didn't get here yesterday.....I went out to put in 2 hrs of yardwork early to avoid the heat, then heating guy called to meet at moms, then DH got home then I went down to look at a new car. We really like ChevySonic....looking to spend less on gas and preserve our 4WD for necessary winter drives since Trailblazer is discontinued.
Today, Kirk will look at it when we come home from DD's. Her BD bash for 2 year old is tomorrow and we're going down early to help, before it gets too hot.

everyone else!

Have a great Friday!
Old 07-25-2014, 01:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

I just started south beach Monday it's been so hard!!!!!! I feel so hungry all day but as a past yoyo person I am in it for a life change!
Closed Thread