South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 06:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Tuesday July 22 Beach Chat

Sorry no catchy titile haven't had my coffee yet. Up early for a dr appt. Then getting a ride in before it gets too hot and humid. Later the usual house chores.
Tonight going to take DS's summons to the court house. I want him to get this taken care of before he leaves for school.

What is on your agenda?
Old 07-22-2014, 07:12 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, Jennifer! Hope the doctor appointment goes well and you get in your ride.

I am up, showered and dressed early myself. There is a meeting I have to attend at school this morning. See, teachers don't get the whole summer off!

Made this as a side dish yesterday, after I picked both broccoli and zucchini from the garden. Of course, I had to add some mushrooms too. It was very tasty.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/side...side-dish.html

Ok, I have to run. Have a great day, chicks!
Old 07-22-2014, 07:14 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Jekel, and thanks for cranking us up. You are such a smartypants, getting the title up with no mistakes.

Jazz and Millie spent the night together in the back room. Now he has retired to my bed and Millie is zooming around the house tossing her "bunny" in the air. She also hops up on the back of the couch to watch for cats and squirrels. We go to our intro visit to my vet tomorrow. She is terrible on the leash when we walk so I see a Halti in her future.

Today is my day to supervise staff at the Mill so I am going over there at 9:30 with a job list. The students are great but miss things on the checklist so it's time for a review. They work well together and have become friends which means there's a lot of chat going on at slow times so the To Do list gets ignored. An easy fix!

Right now I'm getting another coffee and try to do another page or so of the winners of the Schoolwork fair entries.

Have a super Tuesday and stay calm, cool and collected in the heat.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning.

Jennifer, I hope your dr appt goes well, and your DS takes care of his ticket today. It looks like our brief respite from the heat and humidity are over! Try to stay cool!

I woke up with a stiff neck and sore shoulder this morning, and am trying to get a load of laundry done before heading off. The girls have music lessons this morning, so at least I'll have an hour to relax and read while I'm waiting on them.

Karen, I made that zucchini recipe on Sunday and have been enjoying the leftovers. It's absolutely delicious, and so quick and easy to make!
Old 07-22-2014, 07:18 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Beth, teachers deserve the whole summer off! Is there any liquid in that veggie dish. I've got mushrooms needing to be used up but am not sure how they would cook.

Good morning, Linda. Sorry about the neck and shoulder. Can we blame Jake for it? Hope it eases soon.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Somehow, I was able to sleep past 7 on my day off! How exciting for me. Now, I'm picking at a peanut butter banana muffin, and then will be dropping of DS at camp in an hour, then a trail run - something I haven't done in a loonnng time. Which means I won't be going far nor fast!

Then, my boss is in town, so she'll meet me here at home (I volunteered, we have a keurig, and don't have to worry about discussing financials, etc). Tonight is a baseball game, if we're not rained out.

Hmmmm.....I didn't tell my boss she's coming over at my nap time. Should I ask?
Old 07-22-2014, 07:38 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I've done the usual sweep through the house and went out with my headlamp to cut kale and parsley for my smoothie.....a few bills paid which will save me time next week. I guess the prep cook/dishwasher quit last eve so work should be interesting. I went for a very short bike ride last night and it felt good. Now that the tires have air again it might happen more frequently. lol

Jennifer, thanks for starting us up. I'm sorry to hear your DB is having medical problems, too. Hope your dr apt is speedy and you get your ride in.

Ruth, so cute with the pups....do you know anything of Millie's history?

Linda, I hope your soreness eases as you work into the day!

Twynn, enjoy your trail run!

Beth, I was just thinking yesterday that summer is passing quickly....sorry you have to go in for even 1 meeting.

I have my smoothie made and need more coffee!

Happy Tuesday everyone!
Old 07-22-2014, 07:47 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

All I know about Millie is that she has had puppies and was dumped off in a parking lot of a Building supply store in Smiths Falls. She was in heat again so that probably was the reason the &^%$%^&s dumped her off. On the other hand she might have run away from home looking for a BF. As soon as the heat was over she was spayed by the shelter and then listed in the website as "Minnie". She was the only small dog in the shelter and only one other person showed any interest in her but not enough to come to see her in person.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:31 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Ruth, I added a small bit of water to the veggies when I covered them, to help them steam. I didn't want the broccoli too crunchy. I also left out the yellow squash (forgot to buy some) and added some sliced onions. I will certainly do this again.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:19 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi, ladies! Eek...I don't even want to look and see when the last time I checked in here was! June 30th was my last day working 2 jobs. I was putting in roughly 70 hours a week between the 2. BUT I met my goal...my car is fixed now AND I got to travel to spend time with my boyfriend. We have been together 4 months now and I will be seeing him again in October at which time he will be going to Georgia with me to meet my family and friends.

I need to come catch up tonight while I'm at work. I'm penciling it in! Hope everyone is doing well. Sorry for the quick fly-by!
Old 07-22-2014, 07:41 PM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Well another day flew by before I realized it! I was here earlier but then decided to get out for a walk before I changed my mind. It's very hot but I don't want to use that excuse again.

Hi Natasha! Good to see you

Nothing exciting going on around here, just the usual work, gardening, and house repairs. We did camp in the yard this weekend. We felt like kids but it was fun so I'm sure we will do it again.

Now I need to empty the pantry so Tim can tear the walls off tomorrow. I just keep reminding myself it will be really nice when it's done
Closed Thread