South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 06:51 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Smile Another Sunny Weekend - July 19th & 20th

Jazz and I slept until nearly six this morning. We're getting slothful. I hate to miss the best part of the day but sure am not going to start setting an alarm.

Strange to not be going to get bread for the Mill this morning. Anna is doing it instead since I am tied up with finishing putting up the Fair schoolwork entries. I have two tall kids (11 and 15) coming to help along with my friend Cathy who is a very large lady and will not be going up any ladders. I am hoping to have it all finished by noon but we shall see. Then I have to list the winners and post it and I'm done! I cannot imagine doing all this the day before the Fair opens and people are trailing in with sewing and baking exhibits. In fact, I think I'll invent a funeral or something so I can just stay away from the Exhibition Hall that day.

This afternoon I plan to head for Smiths Falls to get a crate for Miss Minnie just in case they let me have her after tomorrow's visit with Jazz. You'd think that, at my age, I wouldn't be so excited about getting a dog but I am. I've always been a dog nut and Minnie will be my 11th - and yes, I do remember them all.

Going to be hot and humid this weekend so I'll close up the house before I head to the Fair Hall. It's 57º right now and I left the windows open at the Hall so the upstairs will be cool until noon at least.

I do babble on, don't I? I guess that comes from living alone with just dogs. Jazz never says much.

Let's crank up Saturday and try to remember this in January!
Old 07-19-2014, 07:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, Ruth and all who follow. I bet Jazz is a good listener!

DH and I are going out to dinner tonight with my brother and mom. Their respective spouses/families are out of town. Finally going to a restaurant that DH and I have been wanting to try.

The rest of my weekend is unplanned but a lot of time will again be spent on vacation planning (while I have 5 tour books checked out from library) and genealogy (my current obsession.)

Enjoy your weekend.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:51 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!
Getting ready to travel before everyone else hits the road!

Happy weekend!
Old 07-19-2014, 08:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Talking

I actually slept until 7:30!!

Ruth, I hope everything works out with that little girl. Do you know anything about her history?

Karen, enjoy planning out your vacation. I find it fun initially, and then when the info gets overwhelming, I just mindlessly pick things!

Debbie - have a great day!

I'm not sure what's on tap for me today. Isn't that grand? DD and I talked about going garage saleing, I'm not sure I'm in the mood. We do have a bonfire at church tonight, but all they serve is hot dogs...yuck. So I might have dinner before I leave. Hopefully we'll do something fun outside today and/or tomorrow!

Last edited by TwynnB; 07-19-2014 at 08:05 AM.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:50 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Have been up since 6 a.m. couldn't sleep. Getting ready to wake up DD2 for swim meet conference.

Still have to pack for trip as well.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-19-2014, 11:48 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Just back from finishing up the schoolwork display. Kind of hot and muggy already but I am going to brave the heat and head to town for some girl doggy shopping. Disney was bigger than miss Millie - name change so she can be the mascot for the Delta Mill - so I need a smaller collar and also want a new bed pillow. Such fun! The guys at the fairground are already assembling two of the rides.
Old 07-19-2014, 11:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! I had a busy start to the day and am just now sitting down. Jake and Dustin went and picked up our pavers at the crack of dawn and were home to unload just after 7am, and I had to go move my car. Then we ran to Home Depot for cement saw blades and some other "man stuff", and after that I heard about a gas station that had the lowest price on gas around, so we ran up there to fill up, and since it was right next to the Walmart, we did a small grocery shop in there as well. Whew! I should be home the rest of the day except for going to Mass at 5.

Karen, I didn't get around to making that lasagna yesterday, but it's definitely on the menu for today. I see that Jennifer made it and liked it, so I'm looking forward to trying it.
Old 07-19-2014, 03:48 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Hey! I did a goof in the Thread Title and nobody noticed. Tee-Hee!
Old 07-20-2014, 07:07 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Hey! I did a goof in the Thread Title and nobody noticed. Tee-Hee!
Could it be that we're just getting used to it, Ruthie?

It's a cloudy morning here today and cooler, but the humidity is awful and has brought out the annoying gnats. I'm having my morning coffee inside to avoid seeing little bodies floating around in it.

There's nothing exciting on my agenda today except perhaps shopping for a new ceiling fan for the bedroom. We had the windows open to the cool air last night with the ceiling fan on, and Jake had to get up and turn it off because it was making grinding noises. He thinks the bearings are shot. We installed it when we bought the house in 1985, so we can't grumble about getting a new one. I'm finally going to make that zucchini lasagna for supper today, too, since we just had light bites for supper last night.

So how's your day shaping up?
Old 07-20-2014, 07:08 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

Sure wish I could learn to sleep later on the weekends instead of being up just after five. Jazz has had his breakfast and is back in bed. I wonder if that routine will change when he gets his new doggie pal. We go to the shelter at 11 this morning for a "family meting'. I'm not sure when Millie will be officially ours but I am ready if it's today. I'm kind of hoping not since I have a financial report to do for tomorrow's Board meeting.

Raising my mug of Paul in a toast to a great day for us all.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:09 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

Linda! Very true but it sort of scares me when I have these brain-farts!
Old 07-20-2014, 07:16 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth, I saw you misspelled something (just the Brooklyn form );, but was the date actually wrong!? Maybe we are getting used to it! Can't wait to get an update on the visitation!!

Cottage- not bad lifespan for a fan. You can only hope the one you buy today lasts as long!

I got some cleaning and cookin' done (and being lazy at times too) yesterday. Today we're shadowing a couple at church on how to run all the coffee machines, since we get to do it next week. DD is off to camp tonight as well (DS wouldn't go since he gets homesick, darned it), so we'll make sure everything is found, labeled, and ready to go!
Old 07-20-2014, 07:17 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Linda! Very true but it sort of scares me when I have these brain-farts!
Don't let it scare you, Ruth. We all have way too much on our minds these days, and it's just a little thing.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:45 AM   #14  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning. Seems I've been MIA again this weekend. An old friend is visiting for the weekend and we are camping in the yard, kayaking, and having great bonfires. What a nice midsummer break for all of us
Old 07-20-2014, 09:50 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Almost finishing packing just a few more things to add and I will be done. Today is swim team end of year party, we are only going to stay for an hour and then we are going to see Voice tour, we got free tickets.

I have been waking up early but then I fell asleep last night around 9:30 p.m.

Looks to be a another lovely day around here getting hotter again but humidity hasn't been too bad.

Have a wonderful Sunday!
Closed Thread