South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 06:55 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thundering Thursday July 17

Yes, we are getting more rain but after that, it's supposed to be clear sailing into next week aka Delta Fair Week. I had hoped to spend the morning putting up schoolwork in the Fair Hall but my "assistant" can't make it so I'll muster up a Saturday morning work team.

I think I may be finally "getting it together" as weight dropped a bit again. There is hope. I now weigh exactly what I weighed in my August 2013 oyster eating picture in my profile. I have been avoiding carbs as much as possible and that's helping although I am dying for a slice of rye bread.

Busy day yesterday but worth every minute of it. I even remembered to buy four new doormats to replace the old ones. Silly but it's been on my niggles list way too long. There are a few other niggles as well - including putting out a bag of basement stuff for trash pick-up. I'll do that right now.

After that, it'll be another mug of dear Paul - I restocked yesterday when I was in town. (That's almost as exciting as new outside door mats!)

Pop in for a chat.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Thrilling Thursday, July 17th

YO Chickies!

It is a beautiful morning out here in central PA. I managed to get out of bed after I accidently set my alarm to that annoying beeping noise instead of the radio, and had a beautiful 3 mile walk with the pup (she thought it was the greatest morning evah). Now I'm having my cup of coffee before starting my day.

Yesterday wasn't as insane as the previous 2, which was nice. We'll see what today brings!

I had nice dinner planned of grilled chicken and all the southern trimmings, then DH got invited to go on a kayak trip, which would be fantastic for his state of mind. Hopefully I'll stay on plan despite not making that (because we all know the southern dinner was meant for him!).

Anyone with exciting Thursday plans?
Old 07-17-2014, 06:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

You beat me by a couple of minutes, Ruth! Glad you got some niggles done.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:09 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey, ladies. I was about to start a thread a few minutes ago but maybe it's good I didn't: we could have had to merge 3!

We have clear skies burning off some fog right now. Not sure what is on the agenda but I will manage to fill the day. Yesterday I ended up driving to the big produce stand about 10 miles out of town and came home with 2 kinds of berries, beans and a few half-price annuals. I have 1 hanging basket that needed to be refreshed and this was just the ticket. It is awful hard to resist a plant sale!!

Hope all the chicks have a great day. I'm off to find a smoothie and more coffee.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I just did The Merge, lol!

I'm lazily easing into the morning with my coffee. Paul's a wonder, isn't he, Ruth?

Tammy, a kayaking trip sounds wonderful! Were you invited, too? You can always make that southern dinner another time.

Beth, believe it or not, I was just looking at one of my hanging baskets and thinking it should be refreshed, lol! I could never resist a plant sale either, and you just inspired me to go looking for something new.

It's going to be absolutely gorgeous here today with lower temps and no humidity. Jake wants me to go with him to order our pavers and stone this morning, then I will stop by the nursery on the way home to see what flowers they have. Not sure what the rest of the day will bring, but I do plan to sit out on the patio with my kindle this afternoon.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:09 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks Ruth and Twynn, for getting us started this morning.

Ruth, yes, get the rain out of the way before the Delta Fair! I'll never forget your descriptions the year of all the rain/mud. Nice to get another bag out of the basement! I brought some stuff up while they replaced the boiler that I decided was never going back down. Most of it is already gone and I'm keeping my pledge.

Twynn, nice that you and the pup could enjoy 3 miles together!

Linda, have fun at the nursery...and I hope you get your kindle time in.

Beth, nice score at the produce stand!

Me, working on what I can because the carpets aren't quite dry AND since I'm leaving for 2 days (raspberry land) I'm thinking I should just leave it all where it is for now. I am going to get the radiators cleaned that had to be revealed in the boiler process and have already done the one in my office-at least one room feels like normal.
I was planning on leaving very early this morning but I seized the moment yesterday and walked to the gas station across the street and asked the asphalt crew if they were taking extra jobs. I have a patch in the street at the newest rental that has been bare for a year now since we redid the sewer/water. The neighbors complain but I hadn't really cared much because my water guy said the estimate was $1200 to do it, which was ridiculous, in my opinion. Two guys jumped in the car to come look and said they'd do it for $275. I jumped on that and will wait today until they finish! My neighbors will be happy. (That might just cross all the big niggles off my list, excepting the 2 toilets in Glenwood, which I found (when looking for parts) have the potential to "explode" and flood the house. (It certainly never seems to end)

So, I'm going to go back downstairs and enjoy some more coffee and enjoy the morning before radiator 2. (and before callingKohler to discuss replacing the exploding toilets lol)

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 07-17-2014 at 08:11 AM.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:56 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is a beautiful morning and is supposed to be nice all day long. One more work day and then I am off until July 31st whewhoo. Starting to get excited for our road trip. My toes and my hair have been done so I am good to go

Debbie that is quite the difference in price, I would have jumped on it as well.

to everyone else

Last edited by Pearlrose; 07-17-2014 at 08:57 AM.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:14 AM   #8  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Ruth. Great on the weight lose. Congratulations

Tammy what a great way to start day

Beth. Have fun refreshing your flowers

Cottage have a good time reading your kindle

Debbie you always amaze me with your talents and energy

Pearlrose hope its not too long of a day for you

o.k. st. S....I'm a believer. We have had our quota of rain for the month. Go on holidays or better still let it only rain at night. Busy getting ready for arrival of grandsons tomorrow. Will have them for 5 days. That should be worth some weight off, too busy running around and no time to eat
take care
Sophie
Closed Thread