South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 06:11 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default TGIF!!! It's Friday, July 11.

Good morning from peaceful Delta. There's no sound but birdsong out there and it promises to be a lovely day today and tomorrow.

We have a wedding in the Mill on Saturday so I'm glad of that. We will close to the public at one for this event which was booked by Joanne last year. She ignored the fact that we are in full tourist season. There will be some disgruntled visitors but we were committed.

Very boring morning with Dann, Madeleine and the accountant who was there via speaker phone. I was not feeling perky so was sort of out of it. Came home and had an afternoon nap which did the trick.

No real plans for today but I'm sure something will come up. I'd sort of like an "at home" day but know I should drive to town to deliver a quilt. Nope, I'll not be going near the Chinese Buffet! I'm trying to be very OP these days.

Hope your Friday is gentle and eases you into the weekend.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I'm like, June 11th? It's my grandma's 100th birthday! Wait, no...it's July 11th! Ruthie is too busy!!

That oughtta be a beautiful wedding at the Mill, Ruth. Could you share a picture?

My chiropractor is crazy - first appointment is just an evaluation, and then you come back for an adjustment. I about cried. Gratefully, it has improved on its own, although I see him at lunch today.

Then I get the afternoon off to go camping!!
Old 07-11-2014, 06:41 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Duh! Well I did get two letter right, eh? Nice to see somebody paying attention.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Are we doing summer reruns? I will appreciate it, come January.

Tammy, I'm glad your neck is a bit better and hope your adjustment today takes care of it completely.

The air feels fresh and cool this morning after last night's rain. I'm going to clean the house while Jake is at his doctor's appt., then he's picking me up to go look at paving bricks. He and Dustin are going to replace our front porch and sidewalk with pavers while I'm in Wisconson, and they want to make sure they order the ones I want. I have a lunch date with my dad later, and can't wait to see his reaction to my new hairdo. He's used to seeing me with long hair, and I forgot to warn him that I was getting it all cut off.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:57 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning! Did I hear we get to go back to June?! I would love an extra month of summer!

I had a productive day yesterday: ran errands (bank, groceries, post office) and then spent some time in the yard. I have a section of 1 garden where 2 bushes suddenly died-- maybe from this harsh winter?- and I am trying to figure out whether to replant them or not. So today I will go out and putter some more. There are also cucs, beans and zucchini that need to be picked. DH grilled last night so dinner is already done. Hooray!

Time for coffee and a smoothie. Have a great day!
Old 07-11-2014, 08:27 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

So Happy it's Friday, one more week and then vacation time

I am at work today with the consultant so far it is going well he thinks we are doing everything right just don't have enough bodies. (Tell me something I didn't already know)

Ruth sounds like a lovely place to have a wedding.

Tywnn I hope your adjustment does wonders

Cottage you will have to post a picture of your new do- do you like it? I am too chicken to cut my hair short again

Beth glad you had a productive day yesterday.

I may meet DS at Kohls after work to help him buy his wardrobe for work, he starts on Monday otherwise I have to find time to fit him in before then to go. Tomorrow we are going to Toby Keith concert, DH and my two girls should be fun.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!
Old 07-11-2014, 09:33 AM   #7  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Ruth. No cinese buffet. Just think of that little dome glass in front of each station as a sneeze shield

Tammy. Hope neck gets better and weather is nice for camping

Linda. Do let us know if dad notices new hair do

Beth love my zucchini this time of year

Rose. Shopping with son hope all goes well mine used to frustrate meto no end

I don't want to go back a month. Only about 2 months left till our trip to France. Dh has been pouring over detail maps he got of burgundy and alsace. After our stay in Paris we are renting a car(this time outside of city) and doing a road trip. I have been walking 4 kilometers every day this week to get into shape. Nice hike today again is planned
have a nice weekend everyone
take care
Sophie

Last edited by sophie; 07-11-2014 at 09:34 AM.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:12 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's a slow morning, we both have the day off. Tim is off to PT so I'm getting a few things done around here. After that we are going to look at a greenhouse someone is selling then off to kayak. Now off to do a little gardening
Old 07-11-2014, 03:16 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Pearlrose, I'm loving my new pixie cut, and Dad was really surprised but said it suits me. It's a big change for me, and I can't get over how easy it is to get ready in the morning! Just run my fingers through it with a puff of mousse, and it's good to go! Where are you going on vacation? Mine doesn't start until the 30th. Have fun shopping with your DS this evening!

Sophie, your graphic description puts a whole new spin on buffets! Buffets and salad bars have always grossed me out. I've seen both adults and young kids sampling the foods with their fingers and then putting it back. Yuck! Your trip to France sounds wonderful! How long are you planning to stay? BTW, I hope your DD is feeling better!

Cyndi, a greenhouse will be perfect for you with all the gardening you do! I hope you work a good deal on it!
Closed Thread