South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 06:08 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Sunny Weekend Chat - June 28th & 29th

Good morning and welcome back Lexxis/Debbie. I'm sure Bing was delighted to see you. Good work on holding the line while away.

Busy day yesterday but did get all my running around done and even got a major $$$ problem 2/3 solved for the Mill. (We missed the deadline on a grant application!) I did chicken sausage and peppers for dinner and had lovely strawberries. "Summer has come in, Loudly sing, Cuckoo!"

I'm leaving shortly to pick up 48 loaves of bread from the Mill baker and will leave them in the car until 9:30 when the staff at the Mill will unload them into the shop. Then I'm off to do another dog evaluation at the nursing home - the second and last for this dog and handler - they have passed with flying colours.

Going to be a very hot and humid day so I'm hoping to be back before noon to officially start my weekend. The cousins will be around to pick up the outhouse pieces that were delivered yesterday. I have no idea how they will get the monster up to the Island but it should be interesting!

Enjoy! Too bad summer is short and winter is long. Bad planning, Mother Nature!
Old 06-28-2014, 06:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning, Ruth!

I am home, but space bar not fixed. Trip was great with overwhelming stuff, but not great travel.

I am thinking I am ready to buckle down more on diet.

GORGEOUS pic yesterday, Ruth!!
Old 06-28-2014, 07:12 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning! Should be another lovely summer day today. I didn't get out to the garden yesterday; I mostly did laundry and relaxed (my kids would refer to it as "chilling") But I'm sure the weeds won't be going anywhere- they'll be waiting for me when I get out there.

Today DS2 moves to camp where he is working for the next 5 weeks. Sounds like Cyndi's dream job: getting paid to spend July in the Adirondacks. He is quite excited.

Welcome back to our travelers and good luck to Jennifer today! May your studying pay off.

Time for a smoothie.
Old 06-28-2014, 07:19 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I am running out the door to work. I hope to get home early enough to throw salmon burgers on before we head to Relay for Life. Looking forward to home chore day tomorrow
Old 06-28-2014, 07:27 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I thought I'd have a few minutes this morning but my helper already called me and is ready to go to Home Depot. I did need one more cup of coffee before starting on this adventure.

Jennifer, good luck today!

Waving to everyone else! Have a great weekend!
Old 06-28-2014, 10:28 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I have a case of the lazies but will get over it and start my chores around the house. Last night we went to the Muny to see Tarzan it was a great! We went to the free seats in the back so should have remembered to bring the binoculars

Ruth enjoy your day

Debbie glad you are back and on track. It is nice to get away but nicer to come home. We leave in 3 weeks for a road trip for a week.

Tywnn welcome back as well

to Beth and Cyndi

It is going to be a cloudy day today so maybe I will get outside and weed around the house after chores.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-28-2014, 04:06 PM   #7  

Lookee!! I have a space bar again, and I can now type waaaay faster.

I actually got home very late Wednesday night. My first flight was cancelled on my out to LA, so I arrived at my hotel at 1 am (pacific time) and somehow survived on 3.5 hours of sleep (thank you coffee!). On my way home, my connecting flight from Dulles (D.C.) to my town (3.5 hours away) was cancelled, so my most-awesome-husband drove to pick me up. Needless to say, today was the first day to get a nap, and that I did!!

I was good in that I resisted their goody basket the guy next to me had 4 bags of m&m's a day...), but not so good with supper. It was a fantastic training though!

I am hoping with my new job smoothing out a bit that I can start eating better. I actually don't eat much there during the day at all, but evenings aren't as good, esp. with DH really stepping up to the plate by making dinner. I hope to be better planning!

I've read posts the last few days, but between the space bar key broke, and tight mornings, I didn't post. I'm glad to be babbling away again!
Old 06-29-2014, 06:13 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

A quick hello....I've unpacked the suitcases and am trying to sneak down for another coffee (solo) before the crew arises. I need my quiet time, and often find it difficult to negotiate. I work at 630 and it will be a busy day.

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone!
Old 06-29-2014, 06:25 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning thank you for the well wishes yesterday. All I can say is worst test ever!!! I think I would have faired better taking the SATs again lol. None of of did great. We did go out afterwards and for the first time in a loooooooong time I got tipsy. Wine and I were very chummy yesterday.

So today smart me is leaving for a 55 mile ride in Poughkeepsie. What was I thinking lol. Well today i can go back to being better with food and exercise. I got lax while cramming for the test. Next week we can find out home many of the multiple choice questions we got wrong. I am almost afraid to know. We still have the oral boards at the end of next month. Hopefully I saved myself during the essay portion of the exam, three questions, three hours. Oh yes a nap is planned for later.

Glad Tammy and Debbie are home. Tammy you are one lucky girl having DH come get you
Old 06-29-2014, 07:02 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Nice to know everyone is back "home" in our cozy spot on the Beach. Wasn't it a great weekend? And we still have more. With Canada Day on Tuesday, it's sort of a four-day long weekend.

Did the monitored visit yesterday and it went well. did cut it short though because it was so hot at the nursing home AND they and the fireplace going in the lounge! I know the old folks feel cold a lot but really!

Got home in time to witness the departure of the outhouse. It took five trips up the lake but they did it! Now we'll see how assembly goes. The Island is rocky and high so that part may be tricky. Finding a level spot will be first.

Nothing official on the schedule today but I do have staff paychecks to crank out. I also think I have some younger friends coming to tackle the bamboo jungle. Just in time too, I think. I forgot to close the deck door and Jazz just came roaring in, wet to his tummy. He left the yard by his private escape route which I WILL find and block today. I know it's behind the bamboo in the corner but can't get at it.

Time for breakfast - strawberry smoothie - and then let the games begin!
Old 06-29-2014, 07:24 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 5"

Oh the wonderful days of summer! Enjoying the quiet right now while DH makes the coffee. It appears we will have a string of hot days to begin July. I frittered away yesterday buying groceries, including trips to BJs and WM, and did not do any outdoor work. So today I will try to get outside and weed. (Oh and I also sat and read quite a bit )

Jennifer, I hope your results are what you want.
Debbie, hope your day is the right amount of busy.
Ruth, I have my own varieties of invasive plants to fight but no bamboo. Good luck on finding the escape route.

to all the chicks to come! Have a wonderful final weekend of June.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:26 AM   #12  

Good morning y'all!

Jennifer - glad your test is over. When do you find out the results?
Ruth - was this still the Golden? Hope your day remains low key.
Linda - how was the wedding?

I have 20 lbs of blueberries , although I will say that they're not as good as last year. I had 30 lbs, and gave one box to the neighbors for always watching the animals, they were quite happy!

Must make menu today. Hmmmm.....
Old 06-29-2014, 10:21 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Well yesterday I ended up being quite productive, got all the indoor chores done and went grocery shopping and loaded up with Healthy foods choices. (Much easier to do when I go by myself) Did not get weeding done yesterday afternoon though.

Today we are supposed to go to Six Flags once DH and DD2 wake up.

Jekel I hope that your test results come back positive

Ruth I have to ask how will the empty the outhouse on the island?

Tywnn welcome back and your DH is awesome for going to pick you up

Debbie hope you got some alone time, I need it in the mornings as well

Beth enjoy your day.

Have a great Sunday.
Closed Thread