South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 06:33 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Whoops! It's Wednesday. Chat for June 11

How the heck did we get to nearly mid-month? Time sure flies when there's lots to do. Now I want it to slow down for the next three months!

My peonies decided to join the Oriental Poppies this morning and have started to bloom. I love them - poofy Victorian ladies. Now my fingers are crossed that we don't get heavy rains that will ruin the display.

The Mill AGM went well last night with good attendance and several new members. The after meeting presentation was on the history of some of the older buildings in Delta and lots of village folk showed up. With "the lunch" and lots of mingling, I didn't get home until nearly 11 - that's late for me. Today I try to get on with the rest of my life ... first step will be to check out the veggies in the fridge. I've been doing grab and go meals and know some of the greens in there are heading to the compost!

Looks like a stellar Hump Day is happening. I'll get some desk jobs done and then head out to the garden.

Let's enjoy the summer! Join me for coffee on the back deck but let's get the pollen off the chairs before we sit.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! I'll join you for a coffee on your deck, Ruth, since it's too wet here. It'll have to be a quick one, though, since I have to leave shortly to get Maggie to her orthodontist appointment by 8:15. It's supposed to be a long appointment, but they have a Keurig I can help myself to, so I'm good.

After the ortho I'll drop Maggie off at school, and I wonder if they'll cancel Field Day again today. It's been having to be rescheduled every day this week so far because of the weather, which is making for some very cranky kids. Since Maggie is a 5th grader, they get to walk around with iPods all day to document and take pictures for next year's yearbook, and they basically run the show, so it's a big deal for them. But the weather isn't looking too good for this day, either.

OK, off to the races!
Old 06-11-2014, 07:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Ruth! Eleven PM!?! I would say that's reaaaally late, but for some reason I couldn't fall asleep last night and was actually up then. Glad the meeting went well, hope those new people are good helpers!

I was insanely productive yesterday, it felt great to have a day off. I did grumble a bit last night while I was tired about how much time it takes to eat healthy...I'm making sure (if I'm eating salad) that I make my lunch the night before so I don't have to grab something unhealthy. This week it's beet salad . I know beets are a low use in SBD, but they are soooo yummy and satisfying. And who doesn't want to eat a food that turns your pee pink?! (my neighbor calls it dirt salad. I'm not sure when I started liking beets, to be honest...) I also premixed meatball makings for DH so he can just roll them (kids love doing that) and they can have meatball subs while I have a salad with them.

Today is a work day. LOL...when there's 2 hours of driving, and 8 hours of work, it doesn't leave much time for anything else!
Old 06-11-2014, 07:04 AM   #4  

Good morning Linda! That sounds really cool for the fifth graders, DS would be jealous! No hoopla for them, switching over to sixth grade.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:02 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning, Tammy I know how difficult it is getting anything done with long work days. I too cut up my salad fixings ahead of time. My fridge is a cornucopia of plastic containers filled with veggies. I seem to eat a salad for lunch and dinner these days. I have not been in the mood to cook.

Ruth peonies are my favorite. Those pesky ants ruin bringing them indoors. I got almost a week of enjoyment from mine before the rain moved in. snow my walk way is lined with their petals. Glad Donna is ok and sorry you had to worry.

Linda hope the kids get to have field day.

More rain equals no ride again Class was really good, but boy is there a lot of information I am still shaky on.

For now I'll enjoy my smoothie and coffee before prepping my food for the work week. Then it will be more study time. Only 17 days until the exam yikes!!!!
Old 06-11-2014, 08:35 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Yesterday we left for swim meet only to sit in the car while it rained and thundered and then they called off the meet for the evening. We ended up going and getting something to eat prior to going back home.

Today I have lots of meetings but my last work day for a week and a half, leaving tomorrow for reunion in Florida excited to see my old buddies. DH and my two girls are staying home, just me and DS and his GF going should be fun!

Ruth- I dread swim meets away from home due to the fact that we don't get home til so late at night and I like to be in bed by 10 p.m.

Cottage- It's the same here as with Twynn not big deal just switch from 5th to 6th for DD2.

Tywnn- I have to admit I cannot stand beets

Jekel- I am with you on long days, I have started packing my lunches again after getting a touch of food poisoning off the salad bar at our cafeteria. I refuse to touch the salad bar again so I have to bring in my own food.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 06-11-2014, 05:05 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon.
Had a huge downpour this afternoon; good thing I don't have any peonies that are open. Just tons of iris right now. And Ruth, I can't believe how thick the pollen is. My car looked yellow yesterday from it!

Sounds like all the chicks had busy hump days planned.

We are in our last week of classes before state exams and while I am busy I like not planning new activities for every day. Just grading papers while the kids review.

Food is mostly OP this week, if only someone would stop buying nuts! I cannot control myself if they are my afternoon snack. As far as planning ahead, has anyone tried the salad in a jar method? Do they really stay fresh all week?

Pearl, I am with you; no beets for me.

Jennifer, I took a grad class a couple of years ago and it was hard for me to get back into the swing of studying. Good luck on finding your motivation.

Cottage, I hope the kids got their field day. Re-scheduling is no fun for the kids OR teachers!

Tammy, my days seem short by your standards but they are long enough for me!!

Well ladies, have a lovely evening. It's after 5 so I'm good for a glass of wine, correct?
Old 06-11-2014, 05:27 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Beth, I'm about to join you in a pre-dinner drink. Mine will be Scotch. I have a Caesar salad and some leftover beer-can chicken that I may warm up. It started to rain just after I posted this morning and doesn't seem to have a off button! The house feels a bit cool for a cold supper.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Ruth I shut all my windows this afternoon. Definitely not a summery day here brrrrr

Beth I have never tried the mason jar method. I put mine in plastic containers. I make 3-4 days of salads, no issues.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:23 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's cool and rainy here, so I'm leaning towards a coffee with Bailey's, and a nice dollop of FF whipped cream.

Beth, the kids did have Field Day today, despite the chilly drizzle off and on. Maggie told me they were freezing, especially since most of the games involved water. She had a sodden bag of wet clothes and sneakers that I tossed directly into the washer as soon as she got home.

Oh, and I did a little blooper this afternoon. I forgot to pick up Maggie after school. Actually, though, it was Cindy's fault. She told me she was picking the girls up from school and taking them for a quick shopping before Pony Club. Now, wouldn't you think that meant she was getting both Audrey and Maggie??? What she meant was she was picking up Audrey and two of her friends! LOL! Anyway, Maggie took it in good humor and the secretaries at school thought it was hilarious.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:03 PM   #11  

Cottage!

Wow, today is busy, I am wiped out. Dinner's not even appealing, this new job is great for dieting!
Old 06-11-2014, 08:32 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Beth, I'm about to join you in a pre-dinner drink. Mine will be Scotch. I have a Caesar salad and some leftover beer-can chicken that I may warm up. It started to rain just after I posted this morning and doesn't seem to have a off button! The house feels a bit cool for a cold supper.

Ruth, at first, all I saw was "leftover beer." LOL Didn't sound the least bit appealing to me.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:08 PM   #13  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

After a month of on and off vacations tomorrow we return to the world of full time work without the next vacation planned. I'm sure we will fix that soon but Tim is currently out of vacation time so no extended weekends for awhile.

I just realized I didn't share my news with you all. I am going to be a grandma in November! I'm just a tiny bit excited

Now for a good night's sleep before our "regularly scheduled program" returns
Closed Thread