South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 06:00 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Maybe Marvy Monday - June 2nd

Good morning from the Delta sunrise. We are going to have another beautiful day. (This is the week I'm going to check for typos - last week seems to have set a record for screwing up thread titles. Am I OK so far? In another thread I said I was going to a BBQ with goof friends but that was partially true.)

Had a lovely evening at Karen's place last night. There is nothing like sitting on a big porch watching the sun set over the lake. Aside from smoked and grilled ribs and a killer potato salad, there was wine and great conversations. It's no longer a "girls and kids" dinner. Boyfriends and girlfriends are now allowed so we are growing. It's still nice to sit and chat with the "core four" though.

Today I am off to the Quilting Biddies end of the year meeting and potluck luncheon. I am so glad I made and froze the rum cake last week and remembered to thaw it overnight. (I am going to go a bit late since I have to give out paychecks for the Mill staff.) I am hoping to be home and in garden clothes by mid afternoon since I have beans and chard to plant. I also need to pick yet more asparagus. It's growing so quickly it's dangerous to walk through the patch!

Jazz has been out, had breakfast and is now back in bed. A dog's life is a good thing! I feel like joining him but will have another coffee instead.

Raising my mug to a Merry and Marvy Monday for us all.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Yes, your thread title is right-on this morning, Ruthie. Sounds like a lovely evening on the lake last night. I hope the smoke from the grill kept the mosquitoes at bay!

Brilliant sunshine here today, and the temp is supposed to climb into the 80s! I just may have a dip in the pool when I get home this afternoon. It will be most welcomed since I know I have a very busy day ahead of me at the farm.

Tammy, good luck on your first day at your new job today!
Old 06-02-2014, 06:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I think it's going to be a marvy Monday too, Ruth! Sounds like you really enjoyed your dinner party last night.

Cottage, thanks for thinking of me . I actually don't start work until Wednesday (and then only Wed/Thurs), I decided to take some time off. (originally I was going to take the whole week off, but what would I do? Feel guilty that I'm not cleaning!!) Enjoy your dip in the pool today!

LOL...it's a day off, and I was trying to figure out where to stick in "grocery shopping". I'll get the kids off to school, then get a walk/run in, then visit a neighbor I barely see anymore, then join my DD for a field trip. Then take her grocery shopping while letting DS take the bus home.

WAIT. A. MINUTE. Where's my nap time?!? (LOL)

Tomorrow's not as busy, I think. Maybe a hike then? I was just about to sign up for the June exercise challenge (it really helps me), but figure I should be kind to myself starting a new job that is a 50 min drive each way.

Enough babbling, on with the day!
Old 06-02-2014, 06:58 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I've been up for a 2 hr paint now it's time to check in with all my friends here at 3FC, make my smoothie, enjoy some outdoor time with coffee and the pup then head to work. DH went over the hill yesterday afternoon to tend to the lawns and (I'm sure) get away from me and my project. LOL.

Ruth, thanks for getting us started this morning! I chuckled about Jazz and his morning routine....same here! Bing watches me do everything and sometimes I'll say to him, "I wish you could help me".

Linda, a dip in the pool after a busy day at the farm sounds perfect!

Twynn, enjoy your 2 unemployed days and you should really try to fit a nap in! Good that you're recognizing that you need time to adjust to your long drive everyday instead of setting major exercise goals this month.

Cyndi, your new gardens look spectacular!

everyone else!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-02-2014, 07:00 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, ladies!! Lovely sunshine here today as well. This is a beautiful time of year.

Ruth, sounds like a lovely evening.
Cottage and Tammy, enjoy your busy days!!

I have to fly-- have coffee in hand! Anyone need some?
Old 06-02-2014, 07:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning, the pups are finally stirring, but a belly rub may stall the morning walk. Mama wants to finish her coffee!!!

Tammy that sounds like one busy day off!!! Hope you can sneak in some "Tammy Time."

Debbie you certainly don't waste any of your day

Ruth sounds like you had fun last night. Blame auto correct for typos, I do

Beth I bet you are counting down for the end of school

Linda I hope the pool is warm when you get home.

As for me, going to Joe's to help tidy up while he is at work. We will have lunch together, but then I am kicking him out as I must study. After he gets home we are going for a bike ride. I promised him we would keep it to flats no big hills. My knee appreciates my sacrifice lol.

Tuesday is my morning Panera breakfast with my dear friend Ed. I may get my ride in before we meet so I can study afterwards. A quick tidy up here, doggie tumbleweeds must go and cook for the week.

Wednesday Joe closes with the bank. The water line is almost finished. The foundation dig starts this week too. I am going for moral support as he is quite stressed and nervous.

Sadly Thursday I finally go back after a two week hiatus for my long week. Sunday is the Puerto Rican Day Parade which in the past has been problematic.
For now I better wake DS. He requested an omlette before school.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:48 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Did not sleep well last night, I will be hitting the bed early tonight. Today I have a dentist appointment for cleaning and then DD2 has swim practice. Nothing else on the agenda.

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 06-02-2014, 09:05 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I did something to myself yesterday and now my "good" leg/hip hurts worse than the "bad" one. I think it is from using DH's inversion table. Which was supposed to improve things not make them worse! Anyhow, for my workout this morning I might have to skip lower body exercises entirely and I will not be hiking today as had been planned. Aaaargh.

Errands if I feel up to it. And I've taken a break from my own genealogy to move on to DH's. I connected with two of his cousins (who we know) that we didn't realize were online with trees and research and are going to all get together with MIL and her sister, the mom of one of the cousins.

Have a great day.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:10 PM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Oops, thought I posted this morning but I didn't. Same old Monday but a beautiful day to do it Now I'm off to take Tim to the doctor. He is still having trouble with the injury from last week. Hopefully we will be home early enough to get that last, new, garden in

Hope your Monday was a breeze. Hope yours was great Tammy!
Closed Thread