South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 06:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Final Friday Beach Chat 5/30

It's the final Friday in May, and it's my final day of work! WOOT WOOT!!

Yesterday was a long day, and a couple difficult times with sick patients and wonderful clients. Today is a "short" day (and did I say my last?!?! day) and then I'm off to see a day camp for my kids for the summer. Something kept telling me not to register them at the cheaper place that is 15 minutes away (and therefore add 30 min on my already long schedule), and then I found this! Oh, I hope it all works out.

Then I volunteered to make dinner for my dear friend leaving tomorrow, since her home will be completely packed up. I have not planned for this at all, and normally I like to cook big comfie meals. What to do? Her dad is diabetic, so SB stuff will work great for him.

Tonight will call for a glass of wine .
Old 05-30-2014, 07:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Congratulations Tammy!!!! Hope your last day flies by Good luck deciding on camps and what to make for dinner.

I am up and ready to leave for my doctor's appointment. Hopefully he will tell me there is something wrong and not just another sign of aging lol.

It was nice having some girl time with Joe's mom, sister and daughter. Who knew wine was included in cookie baking! Joe went there for dinner last night. Boy did he question me about my day. He is getting quite suspicious. I only have to keep the secret for 11 hours lol. Joe's mom did tell me to plan for him not speaking to me afterwards. She threw her husband a surprise party and he didn't talk to her for three days!!! lol Maybe if a Joe did that I would actually get some studying in

Happy Fun Day Friday!!!
Old 05-30-2014, 07:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Have a great last day at work, Tammy! I wonder if they'll do anything special for you? You are such a kind person, making dinner for your friend who's moving. My suggestions would be Chicken Divan with salad, or the Mock Cornbread w/Spicy Beef Casserole. They're both quick and easy to make, and delicious.

Although it's been a short work week, it was particularly busy, and I am thankful that my weekend has already started. This morning, I'm just going to take my time to enjoy my coffee before tackling the day, although I've already started the laundry. Then the usual housecleaning, groceries, and visit with Dad.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Jennifer, and I hope tonight's party goes well and you don't let the cat out of the bag before then!
Old 05-30-2014, 07:18 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Twynn, thanks for getting us started and HAPPY LAST DAY AT THE JOB!

Jennifer, I'll be interested to find out Joe's reaction. Lol. Have fun!

I've been up picking out my appliances online(HDepot). There's a Mem Day sale and I need to get them ordered TODAY. I attached a picture of the two little houses taken from our bathroom window. They were miner's cabins and our home was originally occupied by a mine owner. There is an outhouse at the end of the path in the middle, which had running water and I actually used when we were kids. The original brick outhouse at our place is down on the left above the patio. It is falling down one brick at a time.

Have a great Friday everyone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 129404474857625997.jpg (39.1 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by Lexxiss; 05-30-2014 at 07:21 AM.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:20 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Linda! Happy weekending!
Old 05-30-2014, 07:21 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Gosh, Tammy, are you leaving your job for a new one? I hope this last day goes well for you. Is the new day camp closer to you? Making dinner for a friend on pre-moving day is such a great idea. I usually make a crockpot stew, salad and a comfy dessert like Rhubarb Crisp.

I managed to garden most of yesterday and got the planters done. The raised bed needed a good clean-up - why didn't I pull stuff in the fall? It felt great to be outside most of the day without a phone. As usual when I work in the lane, I get lots of visitors. I've learned to just keep on keeping on while we chat.

This morning I'll putter around indoors since there's yard sale stuff to gather up and a few other niggles. Then it's off to Brockville to help organize the Therapeutic Paws yard sale scheduled for tomorrow morning - early! I have Book Club tonight and am hoping to save enough energy to go since it's down at Toni's place on the lake. (I've even read the book!)

I see Linda and Jennifer have already popped in. Hi there, you two. Hope the weekend shapes up well for you.

Time to get going. Donna is coming to clean and she has finally started coming at 8:30 instead of after ten! I guess she got the hint!

TGIF!
Old 05-30-2014, 09:10 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Tywnn congrats on your last day, I can imagine that you are excited.

Jekel sounds like fun being able to keep the secret enjoy the party tonight

Cottage enjoy your busy day today

Debbie thanks for sharing the picture interesting to see. Nice view.

Today I am at work since one worker is retiring today have a huge cake in my office for her, I have decided to have a small slice of it and get back on the bandwagon for the rest of the day.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 05-30-2014, 12:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, chicks.

Tammy - Woo hoo last day!

Jennifer and Rose - I am with you on the hormone/TOM thing. I enjoyed my few months of being done with all that before my return to the now unpredictability.

I've been to the gym today and run some errands and done some online shopping. Tonight we have our annual neighborhood BBQ. DH and I plan to eat at home first so we don't have to figure out GF for me and vegetarian for him. So we'll have to get to the store for a dessert or something to bring; neither of us feels like cooking or baking.

My foot injury seems to have been aggravated by wearing sandals yesterday. Darn. Darn. Did I say "darn?"

Have a great day.
Old 05-30-2014, 05:54 PM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Another very busy day of gardening and yard work is done. We are getting so much done but it's a lot of work getting it all in. We keep reminding ourselves it will all be easier next year

Tammy - Hope the day passed easily and you are now enjoying a celebratory glass of wine

Jennifer - Can't wait to hear about the party.

Now for a glass of wine, a movie, and an early bed night.
Old 05-30-2014, 08:20 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 5"

Yum, steaks on the grill tonight. Had an enjoyable day. Got to take a walk in the sun and picked up a few more cucs to plant tomorrow. Hooray for Friday!!
Closed Thread