South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 05:54 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Thoughtful Thursday Beach Chat, May 22

Good Morning

Thought I'd get us started and wish everyone a great Thursday! I'm getting prepped for a day working at our rental. It's been rainy the past few days. I'm glad I got some things planted beforehand. Yay!

Have a great day and remember to stop and say hello!
Old 05-22-2014, 06:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Debbie, and thanks for starting us off. I hope all goes well at your rental today.

Six more days to go! Good grief, they can't go fast enough. I'm going to offer to take the last one off as well, since they're moving the business after my shift (she's remodeling). Things are waaaay chilly and is completely proving why I'm leaving.

My DS had to be to school at 6:30 am for a field trip, and DD is going on one to the state capital but is on a normal schedule. I just have my normal long day of work. We're leaving for camping tomorrow (!!!!!) and I'm not sure when I'll get that done.....

Maybe when I'm not stressed and done with the job I can concentrate more on eating better...
Old 05-22-2014, 06:39 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Tammy! I've never understood why they couldn't be nice when you are moving to another job. You've done such a great job there and you know it.... Even if it's not acknowledged.
Old 05-22-2014, 06:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning. I'm going to try to post between storms. We're getting hit hard with some loud boomers and heavy downpours this morning!

Debbie, I hope it's a productive day at your rental. What all are you doing? Did you watch the Survivor Finale last night? It was a good one!

Tammy, that's a shame that things have been chilly since you told them you are leaving. It's a good thing you are getting out of there! I hope your long day is a pleasant one.

I don't have any set plans for the day, especially with it being stormy all day. I do have to remember to stop and pick up an anniversary card since tomorrow is C & R anniversary, though. It may be a good day to get caught up on paperwork. Once I get through the day, I'm looking forward to a 4-day weekend.
Old 05-22-2014, 06:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, chicks.

I have a busy day. This morning I see the derm who is managing my auto-immune disease first, then head to the gym today, instead of tomorrow, for my workout with my mom and trainer. This afternoon I get my hair done. Must do laundry today.

And maybe in there somewhere I'll get to see DS2. DH picked him up in the wee hours of the morning; his flight was only a bit late this time coming in from LA. He's home for a wedding this weekend. A short visit since he is taking two classes this summer, gearing up for his senior year.

Have a great day.
Old 05-22-2014, 06:55 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning from Maine I'm just enjoying coffee in bed before heading out birding again. It's very different with a dog in tow but everyone is having fun. Cricket loves the beach

Debbie - hope the rain takes a day off

Tammy - ugh, like Debbie I've never understood that kind of bad energy when someone leaves. Hope it flies by

Cottage - hope it's a productive day done quickly so you're weekend starts extra early!

Time to head out
Old 05-22-2014, 07:16 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning dreary here, no rain yet but it's a com in'

Tammy hope your days pass by quickly. Enjoy your camping trip. I too have fallen prey to stress/anxiety eating this past week. Next week I will be better, except for Joe's birthday party.

Woke up extra early to not be in DS's way. I need to leave at 7:45 to make my train. Hopefully I won't be too late picking up my mom.

Smoothie time then on my way. Try and stay dry. Cyndi I hope you have a relaxing time in Maine
Old 05-22-2014, 07:44 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Beach Babes. I've been up since 4 working on tax receipts for the donations that have come in with Mill membership forms. Nice to get the cheques off the desk and ready for the bank. I am spending entirely too much time working for the Mill and would rather be gardening!

Tammy, you will be well rid of that place. What a lousy atmosphere!

Sorry I missed your Birthday, Karen. Hope it was a super day for you.

I slopped my way through the back field late yesterday and discovered my asparagus is up - waaaaay up! I hacked down the very tall ones (too tough) and picked some short and stubbies for dinner. What a taste! I was drooling over the asparagus at Reading Market on Saturday but thought I'd have to wait for that first taste of Summer. I love a salad made with asparagus, HB egg, red peppers and oil and vinegar!

Off to the city shortly to buy flowers for the planters at the Mill and Town Hall. I just might buy some for me too!

Thoughtful Thursday? I'll try to schedule some thinking time. My life is crazy right now.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:57 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Quick fly by for me, DH had a good birthday yesterday and enjoyed the game.

I think I told you all about surprise luncheon for my staff today, well one of the secretaries goofed and the food was delivered yesterday but we just went with the flow and today will be the rest of the unsurprise now. My staff are still happy though!

Tywnn sorry to hear about the chilly atmosphere that is a shame.

Karen Happy belated Birthday and I hope you get to see DS.

Off to my meeting. Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 05-22-2014, 07:57 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Thoughtful Thursday? I'm thinking that I am glad for the long weekend!!

A lovely, sunny day today- we did not get the thunderstorms that were in the forecast. I was able to get some more veggies planted after work so I'm quite happy with that.

Hope all the chicks had a great day.
Closed Thread