South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 04:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Wacky Wednesday Beach Chat for 05/07

Good morning again, ladies. Now that I'm back on a midnight shift, I may be able to start these threads up a little more often.

Lexxiss - Will do! We gave each other our information today (dates of birth, addresses, etc) so that we can pass it on to other people in case one of us winds up being an axe murderer. Hey, I might be falling hard, but that doesn't mean I have to be careless, right? Enjoy your pool time!

Cottage - Sounds like you had a busy day. Hope you enjoyed your patio time with wine. Random, but someone tagged me in a picture of my mom today and her 5 gallons of white zinfandel that she made.

Twynn - Will do! I'm very excited. I saw the thread for Confetti Salad yesterday and thought it sounded interesting, but I didn't go look at it. I'll have to check into that.

jekel - You're right, I was going to quit Porsche after my car was fixed. I now have all the money I need to fix my car, but have to figure out when I can take it in. If I stay until our office finishes the Porsche contract (end of June) I get a bonus, so I'm going to stay for that. I'm so ready to be back to just ONE job...can't wait! I've got my fingers crossed for decent weather for your ride!

Ruth - Thank you. Good to "see" you as well.

WaistingTime - Hope your appointment with the dermatologist went well! Hope you feel better soon!

Pearlrose - Good to see you as well.

Xan - LOL Trust me, I would NEVER be waking up this early. This is much closer to my bed time than my awakening time! I work the midnight - 8 AM shift. Check in here often to keep that motivation going once you get started!

Beth - Thank you, good to see you too!

Cyndi - Politics bores me to tears...hope you have a break from it soon!

What's everybody's plans for today? I get off work at the PD at 8 and head to Porsche to work 9 - 1 again. Then it's home to sleep and then I'll start all over. May have a hot stone massage tomorrow. I bought a Groupon and ended up having to get my money back b/c they would never call me to schedule an appointment. After I wrote a bad review, they started trying to contact me. They've offered me a free hot stone massage at 12:15 tomorrow. If I can get Porsche to let me have the time off, I'm going to accept it.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by Natasha1534; 05-07-2014 at 04:05 AM.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:10 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Very Wacky Here!

Natasha, you must have been in my head because things are really wacky here this morning!

Paul and his work crew are coming at 8:30 to find and fix the leak in the roof. It was "snow damage that bent the footing for the stack", whatever that means. Maybe he can fix the "leak" in the back field which is still partially waterlogged.

That's not the wackiest thing though. My system is WindowsXP and Microsoft was not kidding when they said no support after April 8. I have lost all my toolbars which means my bookmarks are gone too. The first hint was last week when my Simply Accounting program was not letting me see previous year info.

I suspect I am going to have to invest in a new PC and hope to heck all the info on this one survives. Am I worried? You bet!
Old 05-07-2014, 07:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

My Wednesday started off with getting a call that I don't have to be at the farm early to get Maggie off to school. So now I have a bit more time to enjoy my coffee before heading over.

Natasha, I'm sure you'll be happy when June rolls around and you can drop that extra job! I admire you for working hard for what you want.

Ruth, that's great that Paul could come right away to fix that leak! Have fun shopping for your a new PC. A knowledgeable clerk should easily be able to steer you towards the best one for you and they can set it up with all your information on it. I recommend Best Buy or Staples. Good luck!
Old 05-07-2014, 07:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Two days in a row with Natasha! Woo hooo! You're so bubbly, I love seeing you check in!

Ruth - EW. I hate computer problems! Good luck!

Cottage - what a great way to start the day!

Well, I took too long writing an email, so I better get going! I had my 45 min walk this AM, and have a meeting at 8:30 I should go to.

XOXO!
Old 05-07-2014, 07:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning everyone. Birds chirping away makes for a lovely last ride after coffee and breakfast of course.

Natasha there was a time when I held down two jobs. I worked at a PD 8 hour tours then did the overnight shift for EMS. I don't think I could handle those hours anymore. Enjoy your bonus, you definitely earned it!!! Hope you get your massage too.

Ruth ugh I am the worst with technological anything!!! Thankfully at work the IT guys are fabulous. At home I am on my own. Since switching to Apple I have not had any issues. Granted I only do basics on the computer. Hope everything comes back.

Linda enjoy your lingering time Nice to get a break once in awhile

Tammy way to be motivated getting your walks in before getting the kids to school.

Had a very yummy dinner last night. I am not being too strict the last few days before the ride. I know I could use a little fuel from carbs. It still amazes me how quickly the scale jumps when I add them in. I know I will be burning them off so it is ok. Finally used my gift certificate from DS for a mani pedi. Love those chairs. Boring me got clear for my fingers (they chip so fast) but went wild and have blue glitter on my toes for Police Week.

After my ride I am going to attempt to fix the porch light one last time. Take care of a few other niggles so tomorrow I can hopefully relax. Who am I kidding I won't relax until it is over. Then I get to stress over spring cleaning the house before mom's visit lol

Have a beautiful day
Old 05-07-2014, 07:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Hey Ruth I see your ticker is back from time out. Good for you
Old 05-07-2014, 08:08 AM   #7  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning, everyone! This is "early" for me, and I'm still the 57th or so person here! Beth and Cyndi, thanks for the welcome backs. Cyndi, heartfelt congratulaions on your legislative success. Four years is a long time, and I'm sure it's been exhausting!

Hope everyone has a good day -- mine is just school, preparing for the next dasy (and rereading the SB cookbooks )
Old 05-07-2014, 08:30 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I don't want to complain but I had to already put the air conditioner on. I woke up all hot and sweaty and the house was 76 degrees and it supposed to get up to 86 already. I really wish we could have a spring before just jumping from winter to summer.

Natasha good for you, I would stay until June too to get the bonus.

Ruth glad that Paul can come and fix the roof for you. If you stick with windows I am hearing conflicting stories regarding 8.1 if you don't do the 8.1 update you will not get support (WHY?) but if you stick with 8.0 then you will continue to get updates. If Apples were not so expensive I think we would switch to an apple.

Cottage enjoy your your extra time this morning.

Tywnn have a good day

Jekel enjoy your ride, it has been nice this week waking up later and eating breakfast before exercising.

Xan enjoy your day at school.

I finished the deck last night about 8 p.m. got everyone involved in the painting of it. I did three hours before class and then DS and DH finished the first coat. Let it dry and then after an early dinner DD1 and DD2 helped me with the second coat. Now to get DH to not put any furniture back on for a few days he is so stubborn lol.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!
Old 05-07-2014, 09:19 AM   #9  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone

nice to see you back again Natasha. Always great to hear your dating adventure s

quick note today. Trying hard to not getting too overwhelmed with the weeds in my garden. Also tring to stay on plan. No point in spending all those $$$ on my teeth and not trying to be in top notch health
take care everyone
sophie
Old 05-07-2014, 10:11 AM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Natasha - enjoy the massage.

Ruth - Yikes. Technology is great when it works. And, for me, when I can get help!

Linda - Enjoy your relaxing start.

Tammy and Xan and Sophie -

Jennifer - Blue glitter sounds fun. I love the colors that are showing for polish this spring.

Rose - It is going to be hot here too but not that hot!

I didn't sleep well, between the prednisone and the sore arm from my little cancer removal. Not to mention that the hip on the other side hurts so I struggled to sleep on my back. I'm not supposed to get the dressing on my arm wet for 24-48 hours so I think I'll enjoy a reason to not even shower today! Must get some groceries. Will spend more hours online with genealogy stuff. This afternoon DH has a structural engineer coming to look at house settling issues. I think he'll be wandering around for a few hours. Hope the news isn't too horrible.

Have a great day.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:40 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 5"

Evening ladies. Just checking in before I run out to the grocery store. Why is it food disappears so fast around here?? But I have to go since I am out of salad greens, yogurt and milk.

DH and I planted 45 baby spruce (18" size) today. The Water and Soil Conservation Department sells them cheap in the spring and we got the cast-offs from a friend who over-ordered. We weren't too meticulous, just split the soil with a shovel, popped them in and stepped on the hole. We are trying to beef up the wind break along the fence line. The soil is still so wet I am hoping many of them live.

No time for personals. Sounds like everyone had a busy day! Hope yours wasn't too wacky! Let's hear it for being over the hump!!

Last edited by Beth19; 05-07-2014 at 06:41 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:38 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

YAY! DD got her first mani/pedi today! She's in a wedding this Saturday, and I realized I'm horrible at doing nails, and it's with sandals, etc. She went with the sparkly coral on her fingers . The toes are waaaay too orange, but she doesn't care (who's going to stare at my toes, mom?!?)!
Closed Thread