South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 06:30 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Wakey! Wakey! It's Tuesday, April 29

Good early morning! I was awake at 4 and finally got up at 5. Jazz has gone back to bed after potty and breakfast. He knows how to live.

One day down the hatch of this horror show week. I have two lads to interview today and a bunch of government grant emails to de-code. We discovered yesterday that we have grants for five positions - I had done the work timetable for four and now need to re-work it. Grrr! We are open every single day during the season and have to ensure the students work enough hours to use up all the grant money.

Rain is on the menu for the next four days but we'd better not complain too much. How horrible it must be to be in the path of those tornadoes in the US South! We have rain through until Sunday and then a single day's break before it turns on again. My raised bed will never dry up enough to plant. Maybe rice would work?

Time for a decent breakfast and then a shower to set me up for this stressful day. Maybe I can fill my water bottle with gin and tonic to sip during the interviews. Hmmm - maybe not, I have to work with these people until September 1!

Hope you Tuesday is at least slightly exciting.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I hope your day isn't as awful as you anticipate, Ruth. How long does it take for each interview? Do you do them in person? Here's a nice cup of Newman's to get your day started right.

It's supposed to rain for the next several days here, too, but it's dry so far this morning. My thoughts and prayers are with all the victims of those tragic tornadoes, and I'm very thankful to just have the rain.

Today's my long day, and I have to rethink my lunch and snack. My potassium has been sky high, and it seems that all the foods we enjoy on SBD are high in potassium. It just doesn't make sense.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth - I hope the interviews go well! Maybe, if you only put just a wee bit of gin in?

Cottage- huh. My doctor side of me is wondering what the primary problem is. I think my daddy had a low potassium, mom couldn't get enough in him. Do they know why?

Just got back from a walk with the pup. We had a run yesterday afternoon (which I'm not really used to anymore!) so I figured if I woke up, I'd go, and if not....sleep in. Silly me, did I really think I'd sleep in?

I got my car yesterday . We did drive to the library, then we got a call later that DD left her wallet, so we had to go back (oh darned). Drives great.

My jambalaya was delish last night, and that's my leftovers for lunch....which will be perfect on such a dreary day...we're in for a lot of rain as well. I'll make chili this AM too to go into the crock pot.

DD's almost out of the shower....my turn!
Old 04-29-2014, 07:04 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning! I wondered if some chicks would be sure to post early today since it was so quiet in here yesterday!

Ruth, hope your day isn't as bad as you anticipate. Maybe a little Bailey's in your morning cuppa? I'm not looking forward to all the coming rain either...

Cottage, I thought I was staying OP but the scale was up the last couple days. I'm going to have to rethink my snacks and dinner as well. I pack a salad for lunch at work but I think the damage starts about 4:30 pm when I am home and into the kitchen...

Gotta run! I've got my thermos- anyone need a fill up before I go?

eta- Good morning, Tammy!

Last edited by Beth19; 04-29-2014 at 06:02 PM.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:01 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning I was MIA yesterday. I went for a ride before 7 just to meet mr friend Ed at Panera for breakfast. Then had a not so fun ride to Joe's. Apparentky DS is in full I'm not doing anything mode with school and is failing English. So between the school, the ex and DS I was a big ball of stress when I got to Joe's. We went to his son's baseball game.

Today is indoor riding, groceries, bike meeting/dinner, doctor appointment and a few other odds and ends. This month my anxiety has really been my downfall and the scale proves it. I need to plan for the week and not buy foods I shouldn't be around right now. My brain just won't shut off lately, maybe I should have some of Ruth's Gin and tonic lol.

Tammy congrats on the new wheels

Linda Happy Anniversary, I enjoyed your marriage advice

Beth we are in for a soaker too. I may make some chili this week. Normally by now I have moved to outdoor cooking. Maybe next week

Karen were you effected by the storms? I need to call my Aunt in Arkansas. I think she should be OK as she is 45 minutes from Texarkana.

Have a great albeit soggy day,
Old 04-29-2014, 08:46 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Lots of rain here but managed to not have any tornadoes or alarms going off. Prayers for those south of us.

Tonight have a parent swim team meeting and that is about it. Day is full of meetings and I have to start studying for my virtual class next week.

Cottage happy belated anniversary

Ruth good luck with the interviews

Tywnn happy you like your new ride

Jekel sorry to hear you are stressed, hope the bike ride helps

Beth enjoy your day.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 04-29-2014, 11:00 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning (barely!) It's a desk day but I hit the work as soon as my first cup was poured. It's just going to be like that for the next two weeks. I am taking a break to get my hair done (a girl has to do what a girl has to do!) and this weekend I'm doing the Boston MG Walk again, but all work around those things. I suppose the yucky weather helps, it's not so tempting to be outside

Ruth - You might have something with that water bottle idea

Cottage - anniversary congratulations!

Jennifer - Lots of stress, good luck

Have to run, more later
Old 04-29-2014, 11:22 AM   #8  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Back from the true north. Would you believe it snowed all day Saturday. Still lots of snow on the ground. But my heart was warm with love for my 2 grandsons. The 6 year old was fun organized a bingo game on Saturday night and what can be cuter than a 16 month old who gives a kiss whenever you ask

Ruth. Hope the interviews go well
Cottage. Congratulation on your anniversary. Your dad is right celebrate each year. Our anniv is in june and it too will be 45
Tammy many happy trails to you in the new car
Beth have a nice day
Jen those teenage years are so stressful
Pearlrose hope your weather continues
Cyndi. Nice that you are taking time out for a haircut

Off to the dentist
Take care
Sophie
Old 04-29-2014, 11:58 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Jennifer - Thanks for thinking of me. Fortunately the worst of things missed us. We only had rain and a tornado watch (which means conditions are favorable).

I don't know where I was yesterday. All I can say is I have so many tabs open on my computer now with my ancestry search and still with Galapagos trip planning that it is overwhelming.

Today I'll be heavy at the genealogy again, working on a new thread about my dad. Yesterday I mailed off an application to get my his adoption records from MA. (Had to get his death certificate first, part of yesterday's adventure since he died locally; don't know why my mom didn't keep a copy.) I have an application for his original birth certificate from Boston, but can't apply yet because it requires proof of all sorts of things. Unfortunately my grandfather changed all their names at some point after my dad was adopted and I need to have proof that the person in the death certificate is the same person in the birth certificate.

I'm like a dog with a bone about all this right now!

Rainy and cool here so it is a good day to stay in.
Closed Thread