South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 06:52 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default Thankful it's Thursday 4/3 chat

Morning everyone! We have clear skies and the promise of 40* today so spring may be on its way! Feeling extra chipper this morning as the scale ticked down a bit today. Not really sure why since I didn't think I had been eating differently but I'll take it.

Every day at work seems a bit like being on a treadmill, it goes without saying it will be busy but I am looking forward to our break coming up after next week.

Get your coffee and chat a bit.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Beth, glad you're finally getting some decent temps! My pup and I went on a walk yesterday, and I was sweating! It was 65 out!!

Today is a looong day, and DH is gone so it's me taking care of the kiddos. Fun, fun.

I didn't make anything for lunches this week, I wonder what I can do to be creative? Maybe there's leftover taco meat for taco salad?!?
Old 04-03-2014, 07:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm on my 2nd cup already.

Today was supposed to start out as rain, but it looked like we dodged it and it's supposed to be sunny and warm. It's my Friday, and I have a busy, but fun, weekend ahead.

I decided to take a deep breath and ordered a dress for my niece's wedding from a catalog. I love the dress and kept going back to it, so I decided that if I don't like how it fits when it comes, I'll just send it back. That will sure save me running from store to store and getting frustrated.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:21 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. A tad chilly out there but below freezing temps overnight are good for the sap run. I am hoping it froze the mud in the lane because today is trash day.

The stitch removal yesterday went well - no pain. Now I wait four months until the next step. Believe me, I can wait! I did a bit of shopping in the big grocery store. What variety! I loaded up on things like baby bok choy, fresh dill and some veal and lamb, things we can't get in the boonies. I didn't get home until 5:30 and was glad I'd picked up a ready-made chick pea and artichoke salad.

Not sure if Donna is coming today - I say that a lot! If she does, I may just give her a list and take off to do banking and some work at the Town Hall. If I feel energetic I may shovel some of the drift away from the front of the BBQ because it's getting to be grill time.

Right now though, I have to throw on clothes and venture out to the road with the trash. Enjoy the day.

Shhh! I think this really might be Spring!
Old 04-03-2014, 07:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

I'm thankful to have nothing on the calendar today!

I'll get some groceries shopping done, bake some crackers, and since DH will be out of the house this afternoon, maybe even take a nap. And try to finish (or at least read more of) the kindle book I started before my road trip.

I have lots of things to do on the computer and need to get with my SIL about where we stand regarding our trip to the Galapagos next year. We might actually commit to going!

Have a great day.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:30 AM   #6  

Good Morning. I am sipping coffee too and in need of more or maybe its my spring allergies flaring up Anyway, I have nothing on calendar at the moment. I think I will finish up transitioning from winter to spring clothes. I always find it overwhelming to switch over my whole closet so I procrastinate on this. I may even surf the desserts thread since Mark always wants a sweet and I will eat them if they are in front of me. I won't seek them but I will eat them if they are there like the brownies the other day...don't even want to talk to my scale for a couple days

Beth...Yeah for warmer temps & lost pounds

Twynn...taco salad sounds yummy.

Cottage...hope you like your dress.

Hi to everyone else & enjoy your Thursday.

Sue
Old 04-03-2014, 10:42 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I knew I'd finally start catching up with you East Coast chickies! We have 8" of snow already and it's still coming down. I'm going to stay inside and get caught up on lots of stuff. I go back to work on Sun/Mon/Tues then Wed morning we fly out to Southern Cal to visit our friends from Alaska. He is the one who was paralyzed in the car accident 3 years ago and they are spending an extended time between UCLAMedCtr and ChrisReevesFoundation while they determine if he'll be a candidate for an experimental surgery. It will be a fun, but somewhat emotional trip, since we haven't seen them since the accident. Our big event will be a trip to LaBreaTarpits on Saturday, something my DH has wanted to do since he was a kid.

I guess I'd better get to that list.

Take care and have a great day everyone!
Old 04-03-2014, 09:35 PM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

So glad it's my weekend even if I will have some work every day!
Old 04-03-2014, 10:50 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 241/219/165

Height: 5 feet, 3 inches

Hi ladies!

Just wanted to say...who else can't wait for the weekend! It's been so nice the past couple of days, I am dying to get out and start cleaning my gardens. Here's hoping for some nice weather!

Happy (almost) Friday!
Closed Thread