South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 06:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Taming Down Tuesday SBD Chat, 3/25

Strong coffee is needed this morning to tame the coming Nor'Easter that should be arriving by noon today. So far, my area is only going to get an inch or so of snow. We should be enjoying mild, gentle breezes and lots of sunshine right now, instead of discussing yet another snowstorm!

Today's my long day and I'll be on the road most of the afternoon, so I'm really hoping we stay on the tame edge of the storm. I got a great deal on red peppers yesterday and made a delicious stir fry with them, and I'm looking forward to the leftovers for supper tonight.

If anyone is in the path of this storm, stay safe!
Old 03-25-2014, 06:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Oh Cottage, do I have to unbury my head and view the weather forecast? I completely forgot there's snow today until you mentioned it - although I believe we're only forecasted an inch as well.

Today is my long day too, and I slept pretty poorly, dang it. I'm trying to cut back on caffeine, but will admit the temptation today is pretty high! I don't know if it's the lack of caffeine, or that TOM finally came and went, that I'm just not as hungry in the last week.

I made that fabulous soup last night, and can't wait to have it. Might be two meals for me since the kids requested homemade pizza while DH is gone.

DD just got up and cuddle up next to me Guess it's time to get moving....
Old 03-25-2014, 07:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning today is another much appreciated day at home. I worked way too much last month and the egg inning of this one. Starting Thursday, I work everyday except Sunday until the 31st. Granted a few days are training, but I am giving up my days off for the class. I will get them back in April. Maybe by then spring will really be here.

We went appliance shopping yesterday. Did not buy anything yet. Poor Joe was completely overwhelmed with the choices. Part of my day will be spent online weeding through them.

Time to get DS out the door. Have a great day.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:45 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Sorry about the snow PA Chicks. We were to get snow tomorrow but I see just through to Friday although the temps will be below normal. Won't it be nice to be able to stop griping about the weather?

The darned quilting biddies didn't pop in yesterday or phone although I hung out most of the day. I hate that - particularly when I made a point of being here. Doug is coming over this morning to "massage" the figures for the 2014 Mill budget so they won't get invited in for coffee. Sorry to be crabby but it really annoys me when people mess with my precious time. I did get to the bank but still haven't tracked down the silly sink strainer.

On a happier note, my friend and neighbour Cathy has been appointed to fill an empty seat on the township council. We finally will have representation from someone in Delta! We are a ward that is on the edge of the area - we are even called ******* Ward! Cathy is on several committees with me and is perfect for the job - her family were some of the original settlers. I am considered "new" because great grandpa came over from Ireland in 1831!

Time for a smoothie - still don't enjoy them! - and then get my stuff together to face Tuesday. I may even make it to town this afternoon and to the vet to pick up my darling Disney's ashes.

Let's get out the whips and tame down Tuesday before it gets out of hand!
Old 03-25-2014, 07:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I've been watching that snow prediction since we are heading east soon. And, of course, it will be fabulous weather here while we are gone. Which means you east coast gals will get it soon!

I literally spent hours online yesterday researching our trip route. We finally settled on a plan and now I'm working on hotel options. We like to have a list of viable places a variety of distances down the road since we never know how far we'll feel like driving. I've already targeted some restaurant picks for the days we aren't just packing and eating in the car.

Today will be more of the same and grocery shopping and laundry and packing.

Jennifer - I hate appliance shopping! Such a big commitment.

Have a great day.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:08 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

We got an inch of snow overnight nothing to major but still tired of the white stuff.

Cottage I am tired this morning as well, hope your day and travels are safe

Twynn glad to hear the soup turned out well

Jekel hope you enjoy your day off before the long stretch of work

Ruth they should have at least called you, I hate that.

Karen sounds like your planning is going well.

My well woman check up went well, now have to schedule DD2 to go to ENT doctor, hopefully they will be good with seeing after we get back since we leave on Friday.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-25-2014, 07:18 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Good evening ladies. Can't gripe too much about the weather today- it was 20* warmer this morning than yesterday so that was good. The days are getting longer again and the sun is higher in the sky so I will only complain about yesterday's sub-zero temp a little bit...

The best part of my day was seeing the scale track downward a little. I have been trying to stay closer to plan the last few weeks and it seems to be working. Why does this seem so hard? When you stop and think about it so much of our socializing is wrapped up in eating and we have such an abundance of food it isn't surprising we overindulge.

Tammy, I bookmarked that soup for further exploration.

Jennifer, hope your day at home was productive. I am thinking about buying a new freezer and it is overwhelming to look at all the choices. My old one still works but it is over 20 years old and the electric company currently has a cash rebate if you upgrade to a more energy efficient model.

Cottage, hope you and the other PA chicks didn't get much snow. This one is far enough on the coast it will miss me.

Have a great evening, chicks!
Closed Thread