South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 06:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default First Spring weekend on the beach! 3/22-23

Good morning chicks! I seem to have this problem sleeping in lately, but just too much stuff going on.

Yesterday was exhausting, and I actually barely wanted to eat (vs. my normal "feed me chocolate cuz I deserve it!"), so I guess that's good. Maybe that trend will continue?! (the decreased appetite, not the exhaustion ). I do think my hormones are massively messed up and it's really messing with my body....but we had that discussion the other day, eh?!

Today is work (oh yeah), a phone meeting, and then hopefully a break. Tomorrow I volunteered for a cat spay clinic, good thing I like them and they're fun to hang out with, because I could've used the day off!!

I had my first taco salad of the season last night, and will probably grill tonight. Bring on spring! (we won't mention we're supposed to get sn*w Tuesday...)
Old 03-22-2014, 07:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I slept in until 6:30 and it sure felt good! It's starting out grey and cloudy this morning, but the sun has promised to make a visit and warm up the day.

We're going to pick up some composted hummus to spread on the flower beds today and get it turned in before we order our mulch. I know it's still a bit early, and we may get another snowstorm this week, but I'm eager to play in the dirt and want to do it before the perrenials start popping up.

I'm going to pour me one more cup of coffee to enjoy while the rest of the family is still slumbering.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:56 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I think I want to move to southern PA! We had more snow overnight and below normal temperatures for the next six days. My car is in the lane instead of the barn so I have to go out, brush off the snow and get it into the barn before Richard shows up to plough. I am sooo OVER winter! I had high hopes of Spring.

Ignore me - I'm grumpy this morning! More coffee needed - maybe I'll put in some Bailey's?
Old 03-22-2014, 08:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth, I'm going to be in a very foul mood if we get this next N'easter they're predicting.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:10 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning and whine, whine, whine. We have sn*w this morning!! We could get 3-6 inches by noon!!! I want spring! I mean, it's not like it is early March, it's the 22nd for Pete's sake!

Sorry about that outburst, but now that it is out of my system I will say I had a great time at the musical last night. It was "Crazy for You" and the whole cast had to learn tap-dancing! I don't envy the director but she does a great job with the kids every year.

This morning will be niggles and then this afternoon I think we are going to Lake Placid for the college hockey finals. Two activities in the same weekend feels like quite a whirlwind for me!

Tammy, have a good day at work.
Cottage, I'm jealous! Maybe I will pick up Ruth and we will both come play in the dirt!
Ruth, hope you continue to feel better. Your soup sounded tasty.

To all the other chicks to come, have a good day.

Last edited by Beth19; 03-22-2014 at 08:10 AM.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. Full blown cold now but maybe still allergies on top of it. Sudafed and tissues today. I defrosted turkey stock (that I made after Thanksgiving) in lieu of chicken soup. Will make taco soup for dinner since I think the spiciness will clear my nose some; I haven't made it since DH went vegetarian so this will be my first time with no beef and extra beans. I finished Divergent and quite enjoyed it so might splurge on the Kindle version of the next book in the series rather than waiting for it to come in at the library. With my bad memory it is best to read them close together. I'm not on the work schedule again before my road trip so will just relax and let my cold run its course.

Have a great weekend.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:19 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning

I think we all want the "real" Spring to come! I went out and raked a section of the lawn. Would love to have that done before the next snow comes. Unfortunately, it's much easier to think about it than to do it. Lol

Not much else planned here. I head back to work tomorrow.

Karen, I hope you're feeling better soon!
Old 03-22-2014, 11:24 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

We had an interesting evening, DD2 got recruited to play on a softball team for the City because they didn't have enough girls to play and her first day of practice she got hit with a ball right on her nose. Trip to ER and she did break her nose, poor thing is going to have some black eyes for our upcoming trip to Florida next Friday.

We are going to buy her a face shield today to protect her face, the coach told everyone after the accident.

It is colder today and getting colder each day for the next few days.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!
Old 03-22-2014, 11:40 PM   #9  

Hi Everyone

I'm sorry to read of everyone being sick and tired of the weather and ready for spring. It's sure to happen any time.

Karen...hope you feel better soon.

Pearl...What an evening that must've been and poor DD

I am quite tired this evening and have been lagging all day. I must be getting old as Mark & I did something different for date night last night and I've been tired all day Found out last minute about a wine stroll downtown where you could sample wine from 14 different vineyards hosted by going into all the different boutiques/galleries downtown for just $10. We had a blast but I am feeling quite old today especially after working.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:18 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Cr@p, did it again...woke up at 5 am, but did get a 20 min snooze in between. I'm doing a cat spay clinic today, and yesterday the director surprised me by saying that the other super-speedy-cat-spayer cancelled for a family emergency, and it's me and a slower person for 50 cats! It's going to be a looonnng day.

Beth - that sounds so cute!!

Pearlrose - oh no! How's DD handling it?! Does she still want to play after that?

Cottage - I haven't looked at newer forecasts. Do I need to go hide? We did grill last night while we could...it was in the 50's (but VERY windy). Maybe we can plan a visit soon!

Debbie - very exciting news, congratulations!!

Karen - hope you're feeling a bit better. Taco soup sounds awesome.

Ruth, I would say come down here, but we're not much better!

Pearlygirly - Girl, you ain't kiddin'! I've been going to bed before 10 every night cuz I just can't keep my eyes open anymore.

I was pleasantly surprised when I remembered to step on the scale this am - dropped over 4 lbs this week. I'm not surprised, between cutting out grains (I think, not diehard about it) and finally getting TOM. I need to make sure I plan out the menu sometime - it will be difficult with spay day. Gratefully, I always have some stuff in the freezer.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:02 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi from work!
Old 03-23-2014, 09:10 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning I too am in the go to bed early club. Although I did sleep until 8:30 a record!!!! Staying home today all day, Whoo hoo!!! Playing catch up with the house always. Otherwise nothing new or exciting. On a side note, the medication seems to be helping. Still maintaining which is good.

Kudos Tammy 4 pounds is awesome!!!

Beth I liked your rant

Linda I can't wait to dig in the dirt....oh wait most of my yard is dirt right now!

Pearlygirly your date night sounded fun!!!

Pearlrose I hope DD is feeling better, poor thing that had to really hurt!!

Karen hope the soup makes you feel better.

Wishing everyone a great day
Old 03-23-2014, 10:02 AM   #13  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning from cooking central I've got several projects going at once but I will stop back later when everything is at the point of not needing me
Old 03-23-2014, 10:36 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

The is shining but it is cold out there. DD2 is doing better still has a bit of swelling and some bruising, I am going to call regular doctor tomorrow to schedule a follow up appointment. She still wants to play, hard to keep kids down.

Tywnn sorry to hear that you have a slower helper but here's to hoping it goes by quicker than you expected.

Pearlygirl I am in bed by 10 p.m. can't keep my eyes open either. Slept in yesterday and today til 8 a.m. which is rare for me but I guess I was tired.

Jekel glad the medication is working. I need to do some catch up work laundry is piling up again never ending lol

Cyndi enjoy your cooking.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:53 AM   #15  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. There is white stuff on the ground here again today. And it's cold. I'm going to head to the store for some groceries, then hunker down for another lazy day of reading and blowing my nose. DH will be glued to basketball on the TV.
Closed Thread