South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 07:28 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default March 15 & 16 - The WEEKEND

only my jammies are RED !

My dinner guests stayed so late I was thinking of making breakfast. These dinners are usually on a Sunday evening so there was no hurry to get the kids home to bed. It was a great evening though and I didn't get stuck talking to Joanne's Mum. The turkey was fine although slightly overcooked but there is way too much left. Usually everyone takes some of the leftovers home but that didn't happen last night. Jazz had white meat for breakfast this morning. My largest soup pot is burbling away with the bones right now.

It's just starting to brighten up out there and I'm hoping for sunshine to melt down some of my marshmallow world. Today is the only day that temps will be above freezing. It looks bad for the maple syrup folks who are anxious to tap the trees. Usually they have this done by March 1 but not this year.

OK - time to load the dishwasher for the next load and divvy up some of the turkey to get to my guests. I sure don't want to be stuck with all that meat even though Jazz and the cats would help me out.

Enjoy the weekend whatever you do.
Old 03-15-2014, 08:47 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, Ruth, and I love the picture! Glad you had a good evening last night but I agree with you: someone needs to come up with an acceptable way to tell guests it is time to go!! Oh well, where would we be without friends.

Today will start out above freezing with the temperature falling through the day. The next 2 nights will be below freezing. Spring anyone?? Mother Nature needs to check the calendar.

Today is chore day starting with groceries as soon as I get dressed and moving. But first, more coffee.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:00 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Ruth glad your evening was fun but sorry they stayed so late and left you too much leftovers. Is there a cutoff where they can no longer do the tapping?

Beth I am with you in the complaining department but we have started to see the light here and have great days in between the bad now.

Today we are going to the St. Patrick's day parade in St. Louis, it will just be DH and me as DD2 is off to the movies with her BFF and family and DS is working and DD1 is at a friends house.

I did all of my cleaning and laundry so other than spot cleaning and one more go of the vacuum (thank you furry friends) should be done.

Have a great day!
Old 03-15-2014, 05:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Ruth loved the pic! I could use a cup as I am fading fast!!! One more hour of work to go.

Today was absolutely gorgeous. I hope tomorrow is too. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend
Old 03-15-2014, 07:09 PM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

We had serious sleep until I saw the bright sun and jumped out of bed. Then it was off to Northampton for walking, thrifting, and an early anniversary meal (3 pm not sure if it's still lunch or dinner ) We might have had a splurge dessert too, but I won't talk about that

Now to get those 75 squats done!
Old 03-16-2014, 06:21 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Crap! Just lost my post because I just had to find out something. Someday I may learn to resist distraction - if I live that long.

A decent day today after a Christmas-like snowstorm again yesterday! I got lots done in the house and cooked the meat part of today's luncheon stew. Now I just need to throw in the veggies and thaw the raisin pie that's been in my emergency stash for a while. I find it very easy to skip pie but I know Margo and Glen are both fans. It'll be an easy peasy lunch which I love.

Got my taxes done in a "lull" yesterday and don't need to pay as much as usual. I won't file until the very last day, of course - I do it online and resent giving the government my money! Now I feel free to start the other returns that I do for seniors in the Village. That's a quick job with my tax program.

Hope your Sunday has some rest, relaxation and just plain old fun. I'm planning to laugh a lot as the Pypers are fun people.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:20 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, Ruth and chicks to come!

We also got 3-4 inches of wet snow last night, then the temperature plummeted to single digits so it's crunchy now. I'm trying to be optimistic that it will warm up later this week.

Had an early start to the day as DS1 caught the 6:15 bus back to school since his break is ending. It's nice to have him around and a little sad to see him leave. Growing up is as tough for the Moms as for the kids!

Got my groceries and laundry under control yesterday so today will be a little cleaning and organizing for the week. And meal planning, of course.

Have a great day chicks. Perhaps we should all follow Ruth's lead and find an activity that makes us laugh today.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:47 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

GOOD MORNING chicks!! I am back, darned it. I didn't bring a computer with on vacation, so I didn't even check in here. I'm missed chatting with you all!

We had a great time - I rode my pony for the first time in 13 years , went to downtown Chicago and saw the Bean (amongst everything else) ~ if anyone wants a great hotel downtown near the lake, we had an AWESOME hotel!! Saw 2 college friends, my brother, and my "second" mom. Had a great time, but unfortunately I think my boss expects me to be there tomorrow.

I wasn't *good* about eating, but I could've been a whole lot worse! I already have my menu made out for the week, and did a bulk of my grocery shopping last night. Anyone have the black bean and sweet potato soup with lime recently?! Mmmmmm....

I look forward to catching up with everyone!
Old 03-16-2014, 08:51 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I thought I popped in yesterday but apparently not. Spent most of my time online with more trip research then went to a matinee play with my mom in the afternoon.

We are having a return to winter here today. But just cold with a dusting.

This evening we are celebrating MIL's birthday at a BIL's house. I'm a bit frustrated that our hosts are taking care of all the food themselves, which I'm sure they prefer or think makes it easier (for them or for the rest of us) but I'd rather bring something so I would know I'd have a gluten-free option. Not to mention my my mom trained me never to go empty handed! The good news is that I won't be eating the non SB friendly foods (like the mac & cheese and cake) thanks to my GF status. (I haven't told them that I'm GF; bad enough they are working around DH's vegetarianism finally after 2 years.)

Have a great day.
Closed Thread