South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 07:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Friday Fun On the Beach, 3/14

This is your Friday morning WAKE-UP CALL! The weekend is calling!

I have a busy day and a busy weekend ahead of me. This morning I have to do some banking and grocery shopping, take care of Dad's business, and try to get some laundry done, and we have an appointment with our accountant to get our taxes done this afternoon, then I'm catching the train over to spend the rest of the weekend at DD's. Tomorrow there's parade practice, an Irish dance performance at a pub at lunch, and we'll have a few hours of free time before Carley has another dance performance that evening. On Sunday there's church before we board the dance troop bus into center city for the St. Patrick's Day Parade. I plan to catch the late train home again Sunday night, where I'll probably collapse into bed!

So what are your weekend plans?
Old 03-14-2014, 07:25 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Sure looks busy for you, Linda but it'll be good to get those taxes done and get into the Irish celebrations with Carley. Looking forward to the pictures.

Made it in time to my hair appointment in Brockville and found Danny was running an hour behind. He tried to contact me but I'd already left. (Bad drive on snow and ice but I needed a haircut.) I did get my odds and sods of shopping done and did not get home until 3.

Just checked the turkey and he's finally thawed. I have everything ready for the stuffing and will have it in the oven shortly after lunch. Donna is coming "early" this morning to clean and help me put the extra leaf in the table as I'm now expecting twelve. I'm hoping we don't go on too late. Usually this "family" dinner is on a Sunday and there is school the next day but ...

Shovelled the big drift off the deck stairs late yesterday afternoon and Jazz was just delighted. He went down as fast as he could and did his crazy jump-run around the yard. He looks so silly as he appears and disappears but it gets him where he wants to go. We will go above freezing this afternoon so some of the crud will melt. My side porch is still under a drift but I'll get that cleared before Donna arrives. It'd above my knees!

Time to get moving and crank up this busy day. TGIF for sure!
Old 03-14-2014, 07:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, Linda, Ruth and chicks who follow.

I'm off to workout this morning then work this afternoon. It is spring-like here, finally, for one more day before the "S" word is in the forecast again. I've started researching our next trip and trying not to get overwhelmed. We plan to go to the Galapagos Islands with my brother and SIL, the same ones we went to Alaska with, and are finding that this time SIL has many issues/limitations that impact planning. But I suspect if we don't' go with them we'll just not get there at all!
Old 03-14-2014, 08:24 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Happy Friday,

Linda sounds like you have quite the fun busy weekend planned.

Ruth have fun with the gang and enjoy...if they stay late you can just sleep in tomorrow.

Karen you all go to some fascinating places on your travels. My guys want to go but with 5 it gets expensive with airfare for everyone to get to those destinations.

Today is another wfh day for me, I have PT today, tomorrow morning is my last appointment (other than neck getting a bit stiff once in a while the pain is gone). Tomorrow there is St. Patricks day parade in STL so we will go to that. We have good weather until Sunday and I jinxed myself yesterday as we have the S in the forecast for next week again.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-14-2014, 01:16 PM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

It's my weekend! Well, it's the errand and cleaning portion, but still the weekend Tonight is pizza night, another adventure with cauliflower crust pizza. Tomorrow we were hoping to get out snowshoeing but not sure what the weather is doing.

Happy Friday!
Old 03-14-2014, 02:50 PM   #6  

Happy Friday Everyone!!

Cottage...I got tired just reading your post. Have fun!

Ruth...Glad you made it safely home. Enjoy your company.

Pearlrose...Glad your neck is better.

Waisting..Have fun planning your trip.

Cyndi..Enjoy your weekend.

I am just finishing up some niggles. Then its a couple days work for me as I am backward from everyone else it seems with doing weekend pourings. Silly company, they have us pouring Sangria of all things on St Paddys weekend. Of course I have 2 other selections I am pouring besides that today but it strikes me odd we are pouring something so Spanish on St Paddys weekend.

Well enjoy the day everyone.

Sue
Old 03-14-2014, 07:52 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey ladies, just wanted to check in.

Had a busy day today: the normal work routine, my after-school walk with a colleague, banking and a quick grocery stop, then home to cook up Friday night seafood. Made shrimp, scallops and a little crab meat in alfredo over shirataki noodles. Pretty tasty.

This weekend will involve all the regular chores and niggles as well as returning DS1 to school. At least there is no snow in the forecast for the next 2 days!!

Have a great evening, all!!
Closed Thread