South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 07:29 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday Chat in the Snowbank - March 13

Well, major dump of the white crud yesterday. I had the worst winter drive of my life yesterday to and from pet therapy. I felt lucky to get home safely and just snuggled in for the night at 3. I was also very happy that the power stayed on.

Today is trash day but I can't get the trash out to the road although Richard has been here to plough the lane already. The trash is on the front porch under a drift of snow. The porch is covered so you can imagine how windy it was. I've already shoveled a big drift at the deck door so poor little Jazz could get out for potty.

Anyhow, I have a 10 a.m. appointment in town for a haircut and will be able to get the car out to the road - once I struggle through the drifts to get to the barn. I'm hoping to do a bit of grocery shopping when I'm in the city since it's Girls and Kids dinner tomorrow night. Joanne is bringing along her mother so we'll be twelve. Sure hope the 16 pound turkey is thawed for stuffing by tomorrow morning. "Who is in the shower, Mom?" "The turkey." "What!!!" (It'll be a fun evening but I'm kind of looking forward to a quiet Saturday and turkey soup.)

OK - I'll stop griping and get on with the day.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:31 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Default When will winter end? Daily Chat 3/13

Good morning and where is everyone?

I'm sipping coffee and waiting to see if our school delay turns into a closure. When I first got up it was too dark to tell if it was still snowing but, it is. Not sure how much we got so far, but I would guess 8 or 9 inches. Our storm warning goes through this evening. Whine, whine, whine...

I enjoyed my afternoon off yesterday even if I didn't get my nap. Did some laundry and a workout and watched the snow.

Ok, I guess I need to get moving and pack my lunch.
What's on your agenda today, chicks?
Old 03-13-2014, 07:31 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Tee Hee. I see Beth online viewing smilies. I feel a merge coming on.

Did the earth move, Beth?

Sure hope we have a slow melt if this winter ever ends. We got more than 10" and there is going to be a heck of a flood in my yard when it melts. The only happy people around here are the kids and the ploughing dudes. It's March break up here and there's lots of skiing and tobogganing happening. The lakes are frozen solid and some parents have cleared off the ice.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:20 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I think we are all ready for spring!

Yesterday I got some errands done. Today I work in the afternoon. DH is still spending nights at his mom's but won't be home during the day today since he is going to the basketball tournament. I think I'll treat myself to a take-out kale salad tonight from a restaurant on my way home. My revisit with PH1 is going well but I sure miss fruit.

Have a great day.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:56 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Geez, I just can't believe all the snow back East!
Spring IS coming!

It's pretty mild over here. The pool was wonderful! I've been busy testing methods for rehydrating my "sundried" cherry tomatoes. Steaming worked great with storage in olive oil. They are fantastic? Does anyone want any? I have lots-all organic.

Well-off to the pool-smoothies first

Have a read day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 03-13-2014 at 02:28 PM.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:13 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning from the Snowy northeast We actually lucked out in our little corner of the state. Up north (where I was yesterday) they got 2+ feet, down here it stayed warm longer so we have plenty of ice today but just a couple of inches of snow. I'm ignoring the ridiculous temperature and not going out until tomorrow when it's warmer. This weekend we are making the most of this snow and going snowshoeing in the 40+ degree weather

I slept in, managed to get about 10 hours, and am behind on work but feeling much better. It helps that it's my Friday and I'm just doing data entry from home.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:55 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I thought I came in here earlier but did not. I am wfh today and finally getting some head way into my documentation.

I feel for all of you in the Northeast, fingers crossed I hope we are done with white stuff here, it's supposed to be 60 today but started out at 31 so had to defrost car to drive DD2 to school this morning.

Alright back to work I go, Have a great day everyone
Old 03-13-2014, 01:48 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Good afternoon,

I really feel for all of you with this crazy winter ((hugs)) today we are supposed to stay in the 50s so enjoying the nice weather.

I had a dentist appointment in the morning, did some grocery shopping after that and just came home. I won't be able to make it to the gym again kids have religion tonight.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:12 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Evening all glad some were spared, including me, in the latest storm.
Closed Thread