3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   quick, greek yogurt (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/293550-quick-greek-yogurt.html)

graciesdad09 03-07-2014 11:30 AM

quick, greek yogurt

in a bind..what would make plain greek yogurt good. I'm on phase 1.

CyndiM 03-07-2014 11:56 AM

nut butter and some NSA fruit spread (allowed on Phase 1 for some reason) or go savory and add sliced cucumber, dill, and a little onion

graciesdad09 03-07-2014 11:58 AM

thank you sooo much!

earthecho 03-07-2014 01:33 PM

Splenda for sweetness and some sugar free pudding powder for flavor. The cheese cake one is awesome!!

EmmaD 03-07-2014 04:16 PM

I agree with the sf pudding powder! But I think the consensus was that it wasn't permitted on Phase 1. There was a big discussion about it a while ago. [ETA: oh here is a sticky about it Are SF Puddings and yogurt allowed on Phase 1?]

I sometimes add sf hot chocolate powder but I'm pretty sure that is not for Phase 1 either, sorry.

Here are a couple of ideas though:
Sweet variations: I have added various flavors of Crystal Light or Torani syrups (sf vanilla and sf coconut are my favorites). I'm not a fan of the fake sweeteners, but what can I say, they are good in a pinch.

Savory: I love garlic yogurt. One of my favorite ways to eat Greek yogurt is to add some crushed garlic, a little salt, and a lot of chopped up or grated cucumbers (much like CyndiM said, but with garlic), sometimes even a little chopped walnut. My ratio is 1 cup of Greek yogurt to 1/2 to a whole English cucumber. I often eat it inside bell pepper "boats" - so good!

Also, Trader Joe's onion dip mix *might* be OK made with Greek yogurt? I can't find my packet to check... if anyone has the ingredients, please post. The dip is delicious with raw veggies, but I have no idea if it is Phase 1 or even Phase 2 - compliant.

Muffin 03-07-2014 04:45 PM

I don't like artificial sweeteners...I normally have mine in green smoothies and with frozen raspberries...so I'm holding mine for phase 2 :)

EmmaD 03-08-2014 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmmaD (Post 4958772)

Also, Trader Joe's onion dip mix *might* be OK made with Greek yogurt? I can't find my packet to check... if anyone has the ingredients, please post. The dip is delicious with raw veggies, but I have no idea if it is Phase 1 or even Phase 2 - compliant.

Well I finally found the packet - it does have sugar in it (less than 1 gram per serving = "0 grams" but there is some added sugar in there). boo

BUT meanwhile I found this recipe and I am so going to try this!

Natasha1534 03-10-2014 01:00 PM

I always add a little splenda, some natural peanut butter, cinnamon, and a little pumpkin pie spice.