South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 01:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 291/288/ 200

Height: 5'11

Default herdez bowls-phase 1?

found these in the frozen department at safeway. I'm not a fan of frozen meals, but a business function was not conducive to phase 1. so i picked this meal up. Seems phase 1 friendly, here's the nutrition info and link

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 283 G
Servings Per Container 1
Amount Per Serving
Calories 360Calories from Fat 110
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 G 18
Saturated Fat 5 G
Trans Fat 0 G
Cholesterol 80 Mg 27
Sodium 1460 Mg 61
Total Carbohydrate 30 G 10
Dietary Fiber 11 G
Sugars 0 G
Protein 41 G
Vitamin A 2
Vitamin C 10
Calcium 8
Old 03-03-2014, 03:03 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

What were the ingredients? The carbs may not be approved and there is a lot of sat fat. The calorie count is great but were all the ingredients SBD OK? (Sometimes we get into situations where we just do the best we can and be extra compliant for the next meal.)
Old 03-04-2014, 10:56 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
What were the ingredients? The carbs may not be approved and there is a lot of sat fat. The calorie count is great but were all the ingredients SBD OK? (Sometimes we get into situations where we just do the best we can and be extra compliant for the next meal.)
Pork Carnitas Meat (Prior to Cooking, Marinated Up to 10% With Water, Salt, Orange Juice Concentrate, Sodium Phosphates, Rubbed With Flavoring, Caramel Color, Paprika [For Color], Cooked Beans (Water, Beans), Bacon (Pork, Water, Salt, May Contain 2% Or Less of The Following: Sugar, Smoke Flavorings, Potassium Lactate, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Phosphates, Dehydrated Pork Broth, Natural Flavorings, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrate, Dextrose), Water, Tomatoes (Tomatoes, Tomato Juice, Citric Acid, Calcium Chloride), Contains 2% Or Less of: Green Chiles, Onions, Gelatin, Tomato Paste, Salt, Red Chile Flakes, Spices, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder), Chicken Base (Salt, Chicken Stock, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Chicken Fat, Spices Including Turmeric), Cilantro, Chipotle Paste (Chili Peppers, Dried Onion And Garlic, Salt, Yeast Extract, Spices Paprika, Citric Acid, Natural Flavor), Cilantro Flavor (Dextrose, Modified Corn Starch, Extractives of Cilantro), Disodium Inosinate & Disodium Guanylate, Flavorings. Contains Soy, Wheat.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:38 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Not a great choice but sometimes we do what we have to do. There are lots of ingredients in there that are not allowed on Phase I - orange juice, pork, bacon plus a multitude of additives. SBD wants us to stick to unprocessed foods as much as possible.

Sorry about that but I see you've already lost 10 pounds. GO, GraciesDad - you're doing great!
Old 03-04-2014, 11:58 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Not a great choice but sometimes we do what we have to do. There are lots of ingredients in there that are not allowed on Phase I - orange juice, pork, bacon plus a multitude of additives. SBD wants us to stick to unprocessed foods as much as possible.

Sorry about that but I see you've already lost 10 pounds. GO, GraciesDad - you're doing great!
i have no problem with what you said. But often things are marinaded in SBD unfriendly items. i focus on the nutritional stats and bottom line, there are worse choices than this. 41 grams of protein and 0 sugar and 1 carb was what stood out..lots of fiber also. These bowls are by no means a staple to my diet, but they helped in an asbsolute pinch when pizza was served at our company training. Thanks Ruth!
Closed Thread