3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Day 10 on South Beach (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/292895-day-10-south-beach.html)

AGirlyGirl89 02-17-2014 08:45 PM

Day 10 on South Beach

Today is my 10th day on South Beach. I started out good. I'm moderately huge carb person, so the cravings the first few days was bad but then I was fine. Lost 4 pounds in the first week of phase 1. Then I weighted myself this morning and had gained 2 back! I haven't cheated or ate anything not on the list and followed the allotted amounts of foods like nuts, fats, ect...
What would cause the regaining of weight?

Just a little info; My starting weight was 150lbs, I'm trying to lose a total of 12lbs to get back to my previous weight of 138lbs that I held for 2 years. Also wanting to be able to more comfortably fit back into my jeans (which are either too tight or I am unable to button them) So I thought I would try South Beach. I also exercise, mostly yoga and at home videos but exercise none the less. Planning to go back to the gym once it reopens, between pipes busting and snow its been closed lately.

WaistingTime 02-18-2014 08:11 AM

It is not unusual to stall or actually gain a bit. My personal theory is that the initial loss is mostly water weight and then our bodies adjust so the scale catches up. Also, you don't have a lot to lose and I think that usually makes it slower going. I hate to sound cliche, but weight loss, even on SBD, is not linear; there will be ups and downs. Hang in there. If you don't get going in the right direction soon, then maybe you need to examine what you are eating more closely.

RiverGirl 02-18-2014 12:43 PM

Also, just wanted to add the closer it gets you your "time of the month" the more water your body will hold on to, causing your weight to go up.

The same is true if you have eaten to much salt recently... though this will only be a temporary gain.

If you want to post a sample menu or 2 of a typical day for you, we can take a looksee if there is anything that can be/needs to be tweeked.

chubbybunny29 02-19-2014 11:43 AM

Also, some folks have a bit of a constipation issue with SB in the beginning, so if that's the case for you, that may be what the issue is.

AGirlyGirl89 02-27-2014 10:11 PM

Thank you ladies.

To RiverGirl: It wasn't my time of the month. I don't add salt to foods, honestly not a fan of the taste. Most of what I've been eating has not been pre packaged foods so my salt intake should be lower than before.

A sample menu:
Typically I have 2 eggs with fresh broccoli and spinach cut up in it and topped with a little low fat mozzarella cheese. Some mornings I will have 2 slices of turkey bacon. One cup of coffee with one packet of Splenda and about one to one and half tablespoons of 1% milk.
For lunch I've been eating salads. I buy this bag of fresh spinach, bok choy, baby red & green chard which makes up most of my salad. Add 2 slices of tomato, some green onion, chicken, mozzarella chesses and light Italian dressing. Some days I will use light hidden valley ranch, but most its the Italian. Now that I am more into phase 2 every other day I've been having some fruit, mostly oranges with lunch.
For dinner I have chicken seasoned with one or two shakes of Kikkoman light soy sauce. Or I season it with a little mrs dash. Have a side of green beans (can) or fresh broccoli. A few nights I have had steak pan cooked along with red/ orange peppers. Same sides as with chicken.
For snacks I will eat some broccoli, cauliflower, and about 5-6 grape tomatoes. I do eat some almonds, they are natural no salt or anything added. If I didn't have turkey bacon at breakfast I have had 2 slices as a snack.

To ChubbyBunny29: no constipation.