South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 07:28 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default Another Snowstorm Friday Daily Chat 2/14

Good morning and where is everyone?! Hopefully all the east coast chicks still have power and are safe and warm.

Well the storm is worse than predicted. I would say we already have 6" and it is still coming down. School is closed today, but it is only our 2nd snow day. We are in no danger of running out.

I think today will be a day of relaxing and reading by the fire. Maybe I will make some more soup.

Oh, and I almost forgot it is Valentine's Day! Hope you are your loved ones have a great day!

Anyone need some coffee?
Old 02-14-2014, 07:40 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I was waiting for someone else to start the daily because I thought "Another Fun-filled Friday Snowstorm" wasn't really the best title So we have at least 14" and counting. It's just snizzzling now so hopefully this is the end. We have friends in Florida and we have their plow truck and needed to do their driveway along with ours this morning. I'm so glad our town plow guys were out there even on our little back road by 5 am.

I just finished a hearty breakfast so now I need to get out and do some clearing. Our driveway is steep and curvy so only so much can get done with the truck. Tim will do the clean-up with the snow blower when he gets home but I'm going to work on the yard, path to the shed where the snowblower is, etc and try to get my car out of here so I can do some Valentine stuff. The snow is so heavy it took one of our bird feeder poles down so need to get to that too. Hey, if the phantom can get out in this, so can I

Last edited by CyndiM; 02-14-2014 at 08:02 AM. Reason: pretending I don't hate the snow
Old 02-14-2014, 07:42 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

On my second cup here, Beth. We got more snow than expected too and school buses are canceled. I just called and re-booked this morning's periodontist appointment. If the professional drivers don't drive neither will I!

Yes, it's Valentine's Day. Maybe I'll be nice to myself and have another coffee. My first husband (sequence, not ranking!) used to bring me coffee in bed every morning - such luxury.

Poor Disney has a tummy problem so it's just as well I'm staying home. She seems OK now but I want to be around to do clean-up as it occurs. Aren't you glad I shared?

Wishing you all a great TGIF whatever you do today.

Cyndi, love the Valentine Bandit and wish it'd happen here.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Beth! I was about to start up today's Daily, but was interrupted by my GS, Tyler, excited running downstairs to tell me that Cupid came during the night. So he's been showing me what Cupid left him. And now Amber is up and waving around a bag of Dove Dark Chocolates. Cupid didn't leave anything for me!

We got another 4" or so overnight, and another couple of inches are predicted tomorrow. This sure has been a wild winter, but I decided I'm loving it as long as I don't have to be out driving in it. I had a hairdresser appointment for this morning, but my hairdresser already called me to reschedule. The roads are a mess!

Jennifer, that's a shame about your friend and his wife's car! Was he injured at all? That's a prime reason why I don't like to be on the roads in the snow. I'm always worried about another driver doing something crazy like that. I hope your day at work today is a lot better than yesterday's!

SunshineMia, we had thundersnow and lightening last night, too!

OK, gotta go. The grandkids have had too much togetherness and Grandmom has to step in!
Old 02-14-2014, 07:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Valentine's Day!

And good morning to Cyndi, Ruth, and everyone else!
Old 02-14-2014, 07:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks, and HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!. I got up and made DH bacon and eggs for breakfast, that makes him quite happy .

Good for you Ruth for cancelling your appointment. I had a client come in yesterday for just a new pet exam...and was worried he wouldn't get out of our driveway (the plow dude hadn't come yet, and the city snow plows were making a wall into our lot). I would've cancelled the appt!

Beth, thanks for starting us off. My thought for the title of the day was "amorous Friday on the beach", but didn't know if that would fly .

Cyndi, do you get to go snow shoeing again in such fabulous snow?!

I'm not sure I mentioned it before, but our neighbor broke his back right before Christmas (it wound up being a blessing, they found an 11 cm mass on his kidney, so now he's getting his kidney out!). We're doing his snow shoveling for him because he can't. I texted him last night and told him he picked a good winter to get injured!! (he hates the snow.....)

Today is some work, then I think I'll go cross country skiing where ever I can. Probably in the back field while the kids go sledding. I'd also like to make a nice supper for v-day, but I always think of steak, and I think the grill might protest!
Old 02-14-2014, 08:18 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Tammy, I was trying to decide what to make for dinner as well and had the same thought: steak would be nice but no one is going out to grill in this mess! I might stick with shrimp and fish. Maybe shrimp and scallops in an alfredo type sauce?
Old 02-14-2014, 08:29 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Happy Valentine's Day. DH and I had a yummy gluten-free vegan meal yesterday. Yes, those are not oxymorons! Then we walked through slush and thawing snow piles under sunny skies to a famous chocolate store just over half a mile away for our requisite Valentine's treat. He and I both agreed after sampling our beautiful (and expensive) chocolates that evening that we are too pedestrian for such fancy fare.

Gym and work today. No snow here and we have temps over freezing for several days to come so will be thawing things out.

Have a great one.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:02 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Stay safe everyone! I'm just doing my usual....weather is pretty mild, here...a skiff of snow 32 degrees.

Happy Valentines Day!
Old 02-14-2014, 02:08 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Beth, I seared a steak before inside, and it was pretty good. So I'm planning on doing that again, with portabella mushrooms and beans and greens (we're big fans). My DD requested chocolate dipped strawberries, so I'm going silly and having chocolate fondue for dessert.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:55 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 241/219/165

Height: 5 feet, 3 inches

Happy Valentine's Day! Sounds like lots of you got more snow this time around. Cottage, are you near that huge pile-up I've been seeing on the news? Those poor people, I hope they will all be OK.

So no school today, giving us a 6 day February vacation instead of just the long weekend. And we are going to get more snow tomorrow...we made it through snowpocalypse and thundersnow, only to face something called bombogenesis tomorrow. Ugh. At least I get plenty of exercise clearing the snow!

Cyndi, I followed your link, I'd never heard of that before! I wish we had a Valentine's phantom here!

Have a great night chicks!
Closed Thread