South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 06:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default More Snow Please Monday SBD Chat 2/3

Hey everyone, guess what? It's snowing! I guess we haven't met our quota yet for the season.

All schools are closed and I think I'm going to call it a snow day for me, too. The grandkids are home and I'd like to cozy in with them for the day. I'm going to put on a big pot of chili and make a vegetarian one for me, and change back into my jammies.

What's everyone up to today?
Old 02-03-2014, 07:14 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh wow! I bet you're all excited about more snow, Linda. I think changing back into jammies is a great idea. So nice to talk to you yesterday.

OK, Chicks, I am going to make a supreme effort not to gripe about the weather because it does no good, drags me down and is an old person activity. Hold me to it, OK?

I'm off to Quilting Biddies this morning to present them with the 2014 Budget - an exercise in futility because nobody pays attention to it or cares. We are just fine for money to crank out more quilts this year which is what really matters. Doing a budget was just to get the Supreme Quilting Biddies at Head Office off our backs.

Was going to make a smoothie this morning but have decided to put away the Nutri-Bullet until the weather warrants sipping on the back deck. I think an egg and some Canadian bacon would be good today. Is there such a thing as a hot smoothie?

Nothing on the plan for this afternoon except to be here and hope the propane guy shows. I might actually do some tidying in my sewing room and spend some me time in there. It's a great room in winter with the sun streaming in the south doors - and two dogs snoozing on the warmed tiles.

Not sure about dinner but there is some beef stew left - it mellows well. I must make some chili this week to have on hand. My freezer stash is shrinking.

Have a lovely day today!
Old 02-03-2014, 07:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

WE'RE GETTING SNOW TOO COTTAGE!! WOOT WOOT! Well, probably not as much as you, but we've got about 4-5" now. I'm waiting for them to cancel school (vs. just the delay) since the blue area on radar doesn't look like it will stop anytime soon.

I was a good girl this morning and got up early to get on the dreadmill. Other than my new smartphone turning off every 5 minutes or so (I have the tv on an fm transmitter), it went well. A *little* annoyed my kids had a 2 hour delay, so I didn't have to get up quite as early!

I just realized that DH probably didn't shovel, and we've got people using the sidewalks for school busses. I guess I'll do that right after I finish my cuppa joe...
Old 02-03-2014, 07:16 AM   #4  

Good morning Ruth! Let's go sledding (or Xcountry skiing), you'll enjoy the snow so much more .
Old 02-03-2014, 07:37 AM   #5  

It's a white-out outside my window right now. Dustin just came back from getting the paper at the Wawa and said it's really treacherous with cars spinning out all over the place.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:43 AM   #6  

Yep, school is off for the day now. Surprise, surprise. The kids are thrilled!
Old 02-03-2014, 07:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

It always seems to me that winter should be over by now! But no. We have a winter storm predicted here for tomorrow. So I'll be grocery shopping today. Also some niggles errands. But first the gym. And I work the closing shift tonight.

Sooo... after 3 weeks gluten-free the verdict is... it works! After 2 1/2 weeks I was ready to give up (which is when DH threw in the towel) because I really didn't feel any difference but those few extra days were all it took. The overall aches and stiffness is noticeably better and now I am back to my "normal" aches and pains and no longer feel 20 years older than I should. So I guess I'll be sticking with it. But my plan is to keep off the major stuff and not worry so much about a bit that might sneak in now and then in a spice mix or hot drink or... I do need to work on an alternative to bread since the GF store versions were horrible and the bakery version was too tempting. My thinking is to try the premade "wraps" and tortillas as alternatives when I need a "grab and go." Funny thing is that several others at the super bowl party I attended were either GF or had kids GF. Those under doctor's supervision had been told they needed to stay off for 3 months to see if it was making a difference.

Have a great week.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:11 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Another Monday, another work week ahead and another snow storm. Must be February.

Cottage - Is that the storm heading out way tomorrow night? The timing is better for us but I'm already wanting spring.

Twynn - We are planning a snow shoe date Friday. We have had a lot more cold than snow and not much good snow shoe weather so I'll make the most of it. Someone remind me of this when I'm crabbing about shoveling Wednesday

Karen - I find that as long as I stick to gluten free most of the time I feel better. I can have the occasional wheat product, but not too often.

Ruth - A warm breakfast sounds like a good way to start your day. have you started looking at seed catalogs yet?

Okay, time to dry my hair before my 8:30 call. Happy snowy Monday
Old 02-03-2014, 08:44 AM   #9  

Hi I would like to join u guys. I have lost weight successfully with SBD in the past and am ready for another round to get rid of some more. Starting Phase 1 today and am a little nervous. Hopefully I can stick with it.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:59 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

For those of you with snowy conditions I hope you get to stay inside and not have to drive.

We are expecting a snow storm I think it is coming this evening and will stay through tomorrow predicitng 3 to 5 inches for our area lots more north of us I am thinking Weezle will get a lot.

Okay sorry no time for personals I got the call in one minute

Have a great day everyone
Old 02-03-2014, 09:03 AM   #11  

Xena! We're happy to have you joining us!

Cyndi, I'm not sure if this storm is headed your way, but we're getting hit again tomorrow night, and another one on Saturday. One of these may be for you.

I'm so glad I didn't go out to the farm last night. A septic truck flipped over just down from them, taking down power lines with it, so they're without electricity until who knows when.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:25 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Welcome Xena you can do this and have done it in the past. Please check in often it truly does help.

Yeah another snow day here too. I bet the birthday boy will use the "it's my birthday" excuse to get out of shoveling. Cyndi I think tomorrow is a completely different storm. We are getting that one too!

This snow is going to make it a challenge today. I still have to get DS's card and we were planning dinner out. When I say there is not much to eat in the house I mean it. I finished my long week at work last night at 11 and was too tired to stop on my way home.

Time to pet the pups and plan the day.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:27 PM   #13  

Thx guys! I have been trying to find an answer but couldn't find it yet. Is unsweetened almond milk and whey powder OK in P1?
Old 02-03-2014, 01:25 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xena31 View Post
Thx guys! I have been trying to find an answer but couldn't find it yet. Is unsweetened almond milk and whey powder OK in P1?
I know unsweetened almond milk is fine for Phase 1, and my guess is that the whey powder would be, too, as long as there's no sugar or starches in it.

We have 12" of snow and it's still coming down. Dustin just finished plowing our driveway before he leaves for his commercial plowing, and Jake is using the snow thrower on the sidewalk, so we have very little shoveling, thank goodness!

The State Police are saying the roads are a nightmare and to stay off them unless you have snow tires or snow chains. Most folks around here don't have either one.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:30 PM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hate to say it but it's a brilliant white and blue day, temp is 27º and no snow forecast until Wednesday - the day I have no need to go anywhere. Richard just came and moved some snow to make my lane better - he tells me he's had enough of ploughing. I guess he's made his $$$ quota for the season. Oh yes, the propane guy was here by 8 a.m. before I left for quilting. So far today I've had coffee with two handsome men - life doesn't get much better than that. (In the country, it always helps to offer the guys coffee and cookies.)

Xena. This is a great group - except for the old broad who comes on to young guys! (You aren't a guy, are you?)
Closed Thread