3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > South Beach Diet

South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Had a bad night

Old 01-30-2014, 05:46 PM   #1

S/C/G: 272/266/175

Height: 5'10

Default Had a bad night

Hello all,

On day 10 today but last night at 1030 I probably ate 30 vanilla wafers and two glasses of milk. Feel remorse big time. I just have changed so many things and I have gotten rid of the food cravings (EXCEPT - when I drink coffee at night). Last night I drank a cup of coffee at 8pm. Why have a cup a coffee at 8pm you might ask?? Well, because I have quit drinking diet cokes and it's like the only pleasurable thing I can do.

So, like many things in life, the thing I'm doing to create comfort (drinking coffee at night) is actually causing pain (eating food I don't want at night). I do fine with coffee during the day but at night it seems to cause cravings.

I got back on the diet today. Today has gone very well. Just wanted to share some honestly.

Thanks,
jdpgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:30 PM   #2

S/C/G: 190/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Big to you!!

We all slip up. Good for you, getting right back on plan!

Let's try this again!
Losing a regain of 31 pounds: 8.0/31 gone
Mini Goal 1 (again): 180.0
Plan: South Beach vegetarian
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:36 PM   #3

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

So, OK, pick up the pieces,put it all behind you, and move on. But if you are following Phase 1 as directed, by this time you shouldn't be experiencing cravings. Are you sure sugar isn't creeping into your diet in something you aren't aware of? Coffee, itself, won't cause cravings, but if you are putting non-dairy creamer in it, even sugar-free, it could stir those cravings up.

Personally, I would extend Phase 1 for several days because of your slip-up and get those cravings back under control. I know you can do it, and good luck!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:47 PM   #4

S/C/G: 272/266/175

Height: 5'10

Thanks for the feedback. I have been putting some milk in the coffee. Not sure what else it would be though. How long did you do p 1 cottage?

Thanks
jdpgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:45 AM   #5

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdpgolfer View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I have been putting some milk in the coffee. Not sure what else it would be though. How long did you do p 1 cottage?

Thanks
When I first started SBD, I did Phase 1 for the full 14 days, as directed. Since then, I'll follow Phase 1 for 4 or 5 days when I feel my cravings getting out of control and to help get back on track.

It is strongly recommended to follow a strict Phase 1 for the full two weeks when you first start SBD to fully cleanse out your system and eliminate any cravings.

Last edited by cottagebythesea : 01-31-2014 at 07:46 AM.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:58 PM   #6
Thin Girl in Training

S/C/G: 285.5/269.4/180

Height: 5'5"

Hugs! I also struggle in the evening most of all. I still want something sweet after dinner. Its not a craving so much as a habit.

I don't have much advice, just empathy. I feel the 'only pleasurable thing I can do' thing. Food has been a little lift for me my whole life, and so now that I'm eating to live instead of living to eat, I feel the lack of that "oooh, its spaghetti night" or "Oooh pie!" that I have been so used to. I know its how it has to be, and that I'll find another way to have that pick-me-up, but I def. know the feeling you're having.
4th mini goal - One-derland! 199

chubbybunny29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:20 PM   #7

Glad you are back on track.

Just a suggestion if you tend to want a sweet at night and this is your problem time then why don't you "arm yourself" with South Beach diet desserts that are P1 appropriate. There are lots of recipes on this board alone if you wanted to make 1 to have on hand for when you feel weak.

However like cottage was saying after 2 weeks you shouldn't have many cravings. I may get an eensy one after 4 weeks in but then it passes. I find now that a cup of tea or piece of fruit is sweet enough for me.
pearlygirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.