South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 07:15 PM   #16  

Angry Hi..

Hi to all on the Beach. I've been lurking for about a week, thought it was time to pop in. Everyone on this board always seems so pleasant and helpful. I've been on SBD for 8 days and I love it. I'm actually craving salads with tuna on top instead of bagels. Who'd of thought that would ever happen?!
Old 07-11-2003, 07:21 PM   #17  
GARDENING ADDICT

Welcome to the beach, SandiLu and Kathleen

ruth~~I saw your food journal and you are right back on track. You go, girl.
Old 07-11-2003, 10:17 PM   #18  

Hi Ladies! I am new to the board and the SBD woe. I first posted last weekend and was hoping to get back soon to post again but it's been a rough week.

I attempted to start the SB Diet this past Monday and did pretty good most of the week, but by mid week I let exhaustion and work drag me down and was not making the best choices. My work schedule has been crazy but hoping it will calm down some soon. I am hoping to get started from square 1 of this diet this weekend and stick to it! I think I will also stay on Phase I longer than the two weeks, I have sooo much to lose.

I have been trying to catch up on reading this past weeks posts and trying to learn everyone's names - hope to be able to get in here and post more often. I need all the support I can get. I usually do real well until I get tired and then I get homesick (I'm on the east coast and my family is in CA) and then I eat, not because I'm hungry, just tired and bored. This woe really looks like something that I can and will do!!

Will check back later this weekend!! Hi to everyone, have a great weekend,
Shari

Last edited by Sam43; 07-11-2003 at 10:21 PM.
Old 07-11-2003, 10:54 PM   #19  
Slimwithin

Hi to all the Newbies. Good to see so many enjoying this woe. Shari, I've started SBD three times now because Phase 2 gives me carb cravings and I go nuts...especially on nuts. LOL
Can anybody tell me where the heck they buy Tahini? I want to make that hummous recipe and my supermarket doesn't seem to have Tahini in any department. Do you go to a health food store for it?
Old 07-11-2003, 11:03 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 227/227/140

Height: 5'9"

Linda - Tahini is usually found in the oils, peanut butter or nuts sections in most high end grocery stores and specialty stores. You can use commercially bought hummus and in most cases, its just as yummy.

You can also find tahini if you have a mediterranean grocery store near by...
Old 07-11-2003, 11:32 PM   #21  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

HI!! Did moderately well today IN SPITE of being taken to a Vietnamese restaurant for lunch and ordering Chinese food for dinner!! Had a salad at the Vietnamese restaurant (cabbage, onion, chicken breast, basil, crushed peanuts and sauce.) I am SURE the sauce had sugar in it, so i went very light on it. IT WAS WONDERFUL!! MUCH better than it sounds. Delicate and tasty!!!
For dinner I just skipped the rice and ate veggies and meat. Tried to avoid sauce again since it probably had cornstarch in it. NO SPRING ROLLS!! NO EGG ROLLS!!! Not perfect, but could have been a WHOLE LOT worse!!!

Ellis-I DO love you hon. I have just been so overwhelmed with your return......(sob, she's back!!! xxooxxoo sob!) that I needed time to regroup. But SERIOUSLY, Yesterday i just got caught up in other things. TODAY I got up EARLY for a hair cut (oy vey, I am SO not a morning person!!!) with my Mom, and then we went out for lunch with my Dad, DH, and DS16 and DS13. DS13 stayed to spend the night. MY TRIPLE CHIN IS GETTING SMALLER!!! Hairdresser cut my hair a bit shorter than usual, and it looks pretty cute!! My CHINNY CHIN CHINS are DEFINITELY smaller!!!!

Sil-Thanks for the link! Looks like there are a BUNCH of great recipes there!!!

Linda-Costco carries CHEAP hommous, and it is pretty good too!! I roasted some red peppers on the grill and i'm going to make my own red pepper hommous with THEIR stuff!!!

Shari-I'm doing something like Ellis. Got too bored with Phase 1, so I am TRYING to stick with phase 1 1/2. Have 1 or 2 carby things a day generally. usually fruit. Today was dicey!!! I figure I'll go back on phase 1 to jumpstart or if i start getting off track. Because of my height and build I'm afraid i may need to LIVE at phase 2. I need to trick my metabolism sometimes!!!

Welcome to all the rest of you newbies too!! Lots of greta women here!!!

Ruth-Glad you had fun with your friend!!!

Anna-Good for YOU for getting to yoga!!!!
Old 07-11-2003, 11:57 PM   #22  

Linda - Tahini is usually found in the oils, peanut butter or nuts sections in most high end grocery stores and specialty stores. You can use commercially bought hummus and in most cases, its just as yummy.

You can also find tahini if you have a mediterranean grocery store near by...
Old 07-11-2003, 11:59 PM   #23  

I managed to get rid of some of the grainy-ness of the ricotta tonight by blending in the food processor:

16oz ricotta
8 oz cottage cheese
2 tablespoons fat free half & half
3 teaspoons cocoa powder
sweetener...

Not nearly as grainy as just the ricotta cheese...and almost like eating the filling out of the cheesecake...
Old 07-12-2003, 01:43 AM   #24  

Tahoemom, that is hilarious!!!
I probably have those kinds of tan lines under my butt cheeks!!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2003, 08:08 AM   #25  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome SandiLu, Kathleen and Shari!

Linda, be careful with that hummus. I bought a tub of it the other day and ate the entire thing in one sitting.

Den, you're losing your chins! I'm so happy for you!

Now girls, you shouldn't be tanning your beautiful skin. You're going to get all wrinkley and spotted with cancer.
Oh, WHY couldn't I have dark skin... or Halle Berry skin... how beautiful. Instead I'm stuck with this lily white British junk. Two white British parents. I consider that INBREEDING!!!

Oh my gosh... it's Saturday! Shouldn't this thread be closed? Ruthie, did you go back to bed?

love to all...
Old 07-12-2003, 08:53 AM   #26  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, I was sort of hoping you'd wake up to the fact it's Saturday, Ellis. Of course I didn't go back to bed! Is The Boss here? Then the answer is NO!
Closed Thread