South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 06:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tippy-Toeing Thru Tuesday SBD Chat for 1/21

A snowstorm is on it's way and I should be trudging thru knee-deep snow this afternoon, but I thought tippy-toeing sounded a bit more encouraging. All schools in the area are closed, so the kids will be happy to enjoy an extended weekend.

I have my bag packed and intend to be out of here while the roads are still dry to spend the duration at the farm. I'm bringing along a cooler filled with OP foods and a big pot of soup so I'll be prepared to stay on board.

Have a great day, Chicklets, and everyone who is in the line of this storm, please be careful!
Old 01-21-2014, 06:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Cottage, I missed you and the others, although I did check in a few times.

Papa's surgery went well, we left yesterday as he was wheeling in. Good reports from the family that he is having an excellent recovery.

Unfortunately, on the way home, my neighbor texted me that my kitty Gordon passed away the day before. She didn't want to tell me Sunday because she didn't want to worry me. Thank goodness...DH almost stayed behind, I wouldn't have drove well if I received that text by myself. He was my little buddy, I had him since he was 2 weeks old. Work is going to be tough today.

I have no groceries, no plan, no nothin', but I'll try my best. I think I have smoothie stuff still, so that's the plan for breakfast.

Last edited by TwynnB; 01-21-2014 at 06:50 AM.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:21 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Aw, Tammy, so very sorry that your darling Gordon has gone to Rainbow Bridge. I'm sure he had a wonderful life with you and will be missed.

Linda, sounds like a good idea to bunk in at the farm. I know the roads you drive on and cannot imagine doing that in a storm. Snuggle in to your big cozy room at the farm.

Managed to get properly dressed yesterday for a change. Jammies are just not appropriate for the Mill Society Board meetings. Didn't need to get my car out of the barn because Doug picked me up. The lane is ploughed now so I may venture out today for mail and that long delayed trip to town.

Cold, cold, cold here at -30C/-22F. This is some winter. I wish I was in Cuba where I was this time last year.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:57 AM   #4  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

good morning chicks!

Snow day here and luckily for us, DW went to the grocery store once we heard the gov't was shut down!! Ate off plan this weekend for my NY trip but didn't go overboard, yay!

Tammy, so sorry for your loss. Glad to hear that the surgery went well.
Linda -Stay warm! I hope you don't have to shovel much!
Ruth - Good morning!

Off to have my steel cut oats with agave, almond slivers and blueberries (I've been craving blueberries for weeks!)!! And making double mushroom turkey(chicken) soup for lunch!
Old 01-21-2014, 08:00 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Twynn - Sorry about your kitty.

I'm working for a few hours today. Tonight we are going out to dinner with friends. We've chosen a Latin American hole-in-the wall: we've been before and enjoyed it, we have a coupon, they have gluten-free options. Last night DH got himself a GF vegan pizza. Expensive. I resisted since I knew I'd be eating a lot tonight. We did go hiking again and this time I had printed off a map but we still got "lost" for a bit. We now feel that we could go back and know what we are doing at this one area.

Have a great day.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:26 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I definitely overslept this morning. I've been so tired lately, not sure what that's about but hope it turns around soon. Maybe it's just all the cold and winter

Tammy - I am so sorry about your little buddy.

Cottage - Safe travels today. So smart to bring your foods. I need to get back to that kind of planning.

Ruth - Cold here too Snow I can deal with, it is Vermont after all, but the cold is just a drag. I am loving the pellet stove, much better than the oil bill at the old place. Tim read an article yesterday that said all this cold will help slow down some invasive insects, so that's good. I'm hoping it will knock down the tick population too. We've had so many the last few years. Looking for an up side

Jen - enjoy your extra day off! I always freeze a few quarts of blueberries. They are so nice in the middle of winter

Karen- We've hiked places like that. The GPS on my phone has been really helpful (where I have signal). We still get lost but manage to figure out just how lost and which way back . I've been loving endomondo on my phone because it creates a map of our hike. Those are fun to look at after.

I made Banana Muffin Tops for breakfasts this week. They are super yummy with just a little chocolate (might be cranberries next time). Hope they will be filling enough to hold until lunch because they are a bit higher in calorie and carb than I usually choose. I might make them smaller next time so I can pair them with some plain yogurt or cottage cheese for extra protein.

Well, better seriously get this day rolling. Stay warm Chicks
Old 01-21-2014, 08:32 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Tammy, I am so sorry to hear of Gordon's passing. I'm so grateful he had such a wonderful family to spend his life with. Take care!

Kirk is making smoothies and I'm off to a very long day. Restaurant....home and off my feet for an hour or so then up to the project for 1st coating on 3 BR floors and a giant closet. Thanks for compliments yesterday. Really, it's just a testament to losing weight and eating healthy. I know I couldn't have accomplished any of this 90+ pounds ago. I do love my new life and what I'm able to do now...even when it's not the most don.

Have a great day everyone! Take care with snow and cold...I'm grateful our weather has been quite mild.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:39 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning chick-a-dees

Tammy I am so sorry to hear about Gordon sending you hugs and prayers. Glad to hear your FIL's surgery went well.

Northeast chicks be careful this storm is supposed to be a doozy. Rumor is we are getting more on Thursday.

Karen glad you still enjoy your hikes, too cold here

Ruth stay indoors please that is WAY too cold!!!

Jenn enjoy your snow day

Natasha enjoy your first New England winter Make some snow angels

Was so proud did not gave any pop-corn at the movies and my reward was a 1.4 gain lol. I keep reminding myself. I am lower than I was at the beginning of the month. I KNOW I am eating OP and regularly exercising. My water drinking is on point. So this must be my pre-menopause hormones acting up. Now I know how contestants on the Biggest Loser feel when they do everything right and don't lose.

Staying home today with yummy soup and chili for dinner. I found a gluten free recipe for crackers which I may try to make. I decided to not do hard core P1 as I am not having any cravings. I'll stick to P1.5, with an occasional grain for a few weeks. If nothing changes then I will start P1 Feb 1st.

The pups needs belly rubs have a great day
Old 01-21-2014, 09:13 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I drove into work today with extremely yucky roads from snow and wind last night- blowing snow made it look like a blizzard.

Cottage drive safe and stay warm at the farm

Tammy so sorry to hear about your loss

Ruth I am with you I would love to be some placer warmer right now

Jenne glad to hear you had a good time this weekend enjoy your snow day, all the schools are closed today here as well

Karen not so sure I would enjoy being lost while hiking

Cyndi last night I fell asleep at 8:50 p.m. in front of tv, I think it is just winter time

Debbie you are my motivation to get back to where I was

Jekel my hormones is why I did not step on scale this morning I am trying to wait until Friday to see if I get a swoosh instead of obsessing daily that it has not gone done despite eating and exercise correctly.

Adoption of Geo was postponed until today making DD2 very unhappy. It would have been nice since it is a snow day today if we could have brought him home yesterday but we will get him tonight. I hope he acclimates quickly to our house and blue, I have been reading up on how to help with the adjustment.

Last edited by Pearlrose; 01-21-2014 at 09:14 AM.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:19 AM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Tammy sorry to hear about your kitten

Dd texted me that it was -37.5c in her car this morning (according to dhs calculations thats -- 38f) even though the school bus is about 4 houses away she has to bundle up the little one too. I'm looking for all my woolies.
Have a good one everyone
Take care
Sophie
Old 01-21-2014, 09:57 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyndiM View Post
We've hiked places like that. The GPS on my phone has been really helpful (where I have signal). We still get lost but manage to figure out just how lost and which way back . I've been loving endomondo on my phone because it creates a map of our hike. Those are fun to look at after.
Funny you should mention endomondo... my husband uses that but for some reason he can't get it to show a map until the hike is over!
Old 01-21-2014, 02:42 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Afternoon ladies! Lazy start today. Nothing too exciting planned for the rest of the day. My interview went well yesterday, I think. Hoping to hear back soon! I'm so tired of being unemployed, and it's only been a month. I overdid the sodium a wee bit last night (I wasn't feeling well, so I had some broth) and am consequently up a bit on the scale. Heading to the grocery store later to pick up ingredients for some new meal ideas!

cottage- I'm so jealous! I'm about 8 hours from Philly, and we're supposed to get like a tenth of an inch. Which is dumb. Can you tell I love the snow?

Twynn- So sorry about your kitty.

Ruth- Yeesh! Try to stay warm!

Cyndi- Those muffin tops look delicious! Yum!

Have a great, warm day all!
Old 01-21-2014, 05:45 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon chicks, if it still counts as "afternoon" when it is after 5 pm and I already have a glass of wine in hand.

Just checking in. Somehow that Canadian air is coming across the border and freezing us all week; it was -25 f when I left this morning. I don't know how I survived before I had an attached garage! Maybe I was hardier in my young age. But we had brilliant sun all day which helped psychologically. Clear and cold for the next several days. I am glad I made both soup and stew this weekend!

Tammy
, sorry about your kitty. Hope FIL is doing well.
Penmage, hope your interview is good news.
Jennifer, isn't it frustrating to have the scale stuck! At least if you are off-plan you know what to blame.
Cyndi, our last house had a pellet stove; less work than a woodstove but we are always scared about the power going out and leaving us with no heat. Can't beat the constant heat of either one!
to all the other chicks!
Old 01-21-2014, 06:25 PM   #14  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Karen - I can't get the map during either. I just use the map that came on my phone to figure out where we are.

Beth - We have solar, batteries, and an emergency generator so not too worried about power being out

Jennifer - What cracker recipe did you make? I've made Elana's sesame crackers a couple of times and really like them. I just found a recipe using chickpea flour. Might try that to save the calories and fat of almond flour.

The verdict on those muffin tops is all positive. I was full until lunch.

Last edited by CyndiM; 01-21-2014 at 06:54 PM.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:35 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Cyndi I added a little garlic powder, omitted the extra S&P on top. I sprinkled a little LF parmigiana cheese. The recipe yielded 20, but I got almost double that. Mine may have been thinner, but very pleased with the results. Please share the chick pea crackers. I might need to order the flour online.

http://www.elanaspantry.com/salt-and...rackers/print/
Closed Thread