P1 - tired / headache

• Hi!

I'm new to this forum. Started P1 yesterday & today i feel so tired with a slight headache. I was successful with SBD a few years ago & i don't remember feeling this way.

Any suggestions or words of encouragement?

Thanks!

Carrie
  • to The Beach, Cabmm! It sounds to me like you have the infamous "SBD Flu", which is pretty common on the first few days of Phase 1. It's just from refined carb and sugar withdrawal and it will pass soon.

Some ways to combat it are making sure you have your full amount of dairy (2 cups) every day, and including plenty of legumes. Make sure you drink plenty of water, and hang in there. It's all worth it!
  • Thanks for the response! I will power through this & go light on the exercise this week.

Carrie

• Hi Carrie! I have been doing SBD a few months now, and I felt the same at the beginning. Those first few days are a definite adjustment! This forum, and using the wisdom of the senior members, helps a lot. And water, drink your water! Good luck!
  • Thank you! I am consuming a lot of water (and a few Ibuprofen for the headache too).

• I hope it passes soon...the SBD Flu sucks! Had it myself and it seems to be worse than I remember each time. Serves me right though
  • I'm 'back at it' after a year, and thankfully remembered that the SB-Flu was going to happen. Beans are a huge help for me in that regard.

I like to think of it as my fat cells screaming at me because they know I'm going to kill them
  • I'm on day 3 of week 2 of Phase 1. Don't give up, that headache will go away. I feel so much better, you will too. My cravings are gone and I feel full after I eat my meals. You can do it!
  • I'm on day 4. Still have a bit of a headache but it's a lot better. Can't believe I've gone 4 days without a diet coke. Truly amazing program!
  • I'm on day 5 and I just "broke". I had been craving free for a few days but just had a cheat. Boo to me.

But as I heard someone say "Giving up after a small failure is like slashing the other 3 tires after getting 1 flat one"