South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 06:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Mild Monday Beach Chat 1/6

Good morning it is 54 here already, quite foggy and rainy. But alas tomorrow we are only topping out at 23. Very strange weather we are having.

Just woke DS up for school for the first time. I am certain I will have a few more trips upstairs before he joins the living.

Not much on the agenda today. Enjoying these last few days before I go back to work Thursday. I really could get used to retirement

I was pretty productive yesterday. Cleaned out all my dresser drawers. Only because I could not find a really expensive pair of my cycling shorts (Joe has them lol). Cleaned out my Rubbermaid tote in the attic full of clothes. Those are going to mom. Granted she will need to cut and hem all the pants. Now to find a box big enough hmmmm

OK round two with DS. Have a great day
Old 01-06-2014, 06:51 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Jennifer, and I think I see Beth and Linda around too. We do not have the huge dump of snow and freezing rain that was predicted - plain rain and 42º F!!!! I sure could use a break.

I managed to do a few more House things yesterday and will definitely get the tree down this afternoon. It's Quilting Biddies this morning unless they wimp out because of the weather. The media is full of dire warnings but some people just don't look out the window to see what's really happening.

Aside from Quilting this morning, the rest of the week looks clear until a birthday Dinner in the weekend. I'm planning to keep it that way and get back my perkiness soon.

Wishing you a decent Monday!
Old 01-06-2014, 06:59 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, Jennifer and chicks to come! We are slated to go back to school today but are having our own weird weather. Temperature rose overnight, it is currently 45 and pouring which makes the ice quite slippery. Later today the temperature will fall and we will bottom out around 0 tonight. What all this means is that I am on a 2 hour delay this morning. A very good way to ease back into work!

Other than work, today is the day I get myself back into a regular exercise routine. I did virtually nothing over my vacation, and had a lot of car-sitting time. I'm thinking about doing the 30 day plank challenge as well.

Jennifer, good job on the clean-out! I currently try to use the 1-in, 1-out rule when I shop for clothes.

Ok, I need more coffee, some breakfast (cheesecakes!!) and to pack lunch.

Have a great day all!

eta- Good morning, Ruth and Linda!

Last edited by Beth19; 01-06-2014 at 07:01 AM.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's 58* here and supposed to plummet to 8 by this evening. I'm just thankful all that awful ice from yesterday has melted. I had a heck of a time trying to get home from my DD's. Most trains were running late or canceled, so my train was packed. I'm glad I got a seat and didn't have to stand!

We're back to a normal schedule with the holidays behind us, and back on track diet wise, too. I made a big pan of taco bake for lunches this week, and have a container of vegetable soup thawing out for tonight's supper. Planning ahead is the key to success for me.

Jennifer, enjoy your last few days of vacation!
Old 01-06-2014, 07:02 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Ruth & Beth!
Old 01-06-2014, 07:10 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chatty chicks! Everyone is quite chipper in here for a Monday. We're only at 39 degrees right now, and scheduled to dip below 0 tonight. Ca-razy weather right now. Our high tomorrow is 7 (better than what they said yesterday, which is 1).

Phase 1 is going well, I am finding new recipes even over 5 years out. Why I never tried some of those, I dunno! Down almost 3 lbs...I know it's water weight, but it does give one some encouragement . I can't decide on cheesecake or egg foo young for breakfast. Decisions, decisions!

Jekel - you were way more productive than I was!

Ruth - 42?!? Good grief! How are you that much warmer than us?!

Beth - enjoy your 2 hour delay. My kids love those. I thought we might, but I guess it's not icy out there.

Linda - glad to see you back, hope you had a great weekend!
Old 01-06-2014, 07:37 AM   #7  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Up very early. Had a bad leg cramp and then couldn't fall asleep again

Jen your trying to wake ds up put a smile on my face. I had the worse time with dd and now when she complains about being up at 5am with the baby I just smile to myself

Ruth. I'm one of those that haven't looked out my window. Hope your plans turn out for the week

Beth hope the roads are nice and clear for you.

Tammy congratulations on the weight loss

Linda your menu is yummy. I too find that planning is the key

Not sure whats on the agenda today. Certainly not driving anywhere. Just waiting to hear when my dental stuff will start. Its suppose to take 6 months and I would love to be free by summer. I will certainly get to know my dentist well
Take care
Sophie
Old 01-06-2014, 08:07 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Been up since 5:30 but not going anywhere. We are iced in today. Apparently our river is keeping us just cold enough that everything is ice here. Right now I'm watching two town trucks try to get the garbage truck up our road. Poor guy stopped to get our trash and can't move now. Eek.

I'll be back later, trying to keep the dog calm. I'm sure her barking isn't improving their moods any
Old 01-06-2014, 08:15 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, chicks.

I'm ahead of you easterners with the cold snap - it is indeed in the negative digits here this morning. I'm working this evening; we have a big shipment of new styles that came in this weekend and will be putting that out after we box and ship out some of the old sale clothes.

I'm trying to motivate myself to do strength training on my own since my mom is still out of commission. And yesterday for some reason I had a crazy food binge, getting into DH's bread and cereal and Cliff bars. I usually have self-control around the "crap" he keeps in the house and don't know what it was that had me going back for another snack and another and another.

Happy Monday.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:35 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Stay warm and safe everyone! It's cold here, and I'm sure it's just moving East.
I'm on my last few minutes before heading to the restaurant. It's complicated...DH needs the car to head to the project and we drop Bing off at my mom's before he drops me off. Smoothies are cranking downstairs so I'd best get down there.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-06-2014, 08:57 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 5"

Okay, the temperature is dropping, a wind advisory is out and they just closed school for the day. Now I have no excuse for missing my workout or not getting the Christmas tree packed away. (wish we could have kept the warm weather long enough to finish melting the ice from the last storm!)

But first, more coffee!

Have a great day all!
Old 01-06-2014, 09:02 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, we just had a flash freeze and Quilting is cancelled! I feel like getting back into my robe and slippers for the day but will keep my Big Girl Pants on and do something useful like take down the tree.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:26 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

We got the snow dump and the freezing temperatures. I believe we got 11 inches of snow and temperature without windchill is -7 brrrr. We are supposed to be returning our rental today. I called and they said if we can make it in before closing no extra charge so I will probably try this afternoon to see if roads have cleared enough otherwise it will wait til tomorrow.

I and all of my staff are wfh today not how I envisioned my return from vacation but it will be a nice slow adjustment back.

For everyone the storm is heading to stay warm it is dangerous weather.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:33 AM   #14  

Morning Everyone!

Hope everyone doesn't mind a newbie popping to say Hi.

Sounds like everyone is BRRRRR.

I've been up since early this morning & back to bed. Still fighting with the last bits of a cold. Right now I only have the dry cough but it is so persistent

My big plans for the day are going over to Wal-Mart to get more cough syrup & some groceries for the protein cheesecake, fish and a couple other general things.

Jennifer...Good job going through the clothes. That reminded me I have several unused items (dress pants, skirts) I want to try and unload on e-bay.

Cyndi...Too funny about dogs & what sets them off, huh. I imagine in a little bit I'll have my own calming to do with my roommate's dog once the water softener guy shows up.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Sue
Old 01-06-2014, 12:36 PM   #15  

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, er... afternoon all & merry Monday!
Wind chill warning is in effect where I am, supposed to feel like -39°, yikes... think I am just going to hibernate today, stay warm everyone.
Closed Thread