3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > South Beach Diet

South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Beacher Bios - 2014

Old 09-09-2013, 06:12 PM   #46

S/C/G: 187/183/155

Height: 5'4"

User Name: Chickadee Real name : Mare
Starting weight/current/goall - 187/184/155

Marital Status: Married

Kids: All grown and gone

Work: Health Benefits

Plan: South Beach P1 started on September 4th.

Favorite diet cheat: Cheetos, danish

Hobbies: Quilting, home life, dogs

Reasons for wanting to lose weight: I just want to feel good about myself, I don't want to be skinny, I just want to feel good when I look in the mirrror or put clothes on. I don't think that is too much to ask for. SB worked for me before, but I need support-that is hard to find.

Off to a new start.
Chickadeee
chickadeee55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:01 AM   #47

S/C/G: 182/182/145

Height: 5'7"

User name: btrflyl8e (real name Christal)

SW/CW/GW: 182/182/145

Marital Status: committed to the same man for 23 years. He is awesome, and is on board with South Beach, also (he is way stricter about it so helps keep me on plan)

Kids: none

Pets: 2 cats, 13 year old female Tortie, Meka, who looks into my soul, and 1 year old all black Charlie, who is the animal love of my life and is ALWAYS getting into trouble! I say about 15 time a day, "I love that darned cat!"

Work: I'm an SVP at a large bank... 24 years there this month!

Plan: South Beach. Did it years ago and lost 16lbs, kept it off for a year. Slowly gained it back and then some. Back then though I treated it like a diet, something I never had been on before... I was anorexic nearly my entire adult life until my mid-30s. I was also a smoker. In April 2011 I quit smoking after 29 years, gained more weight. Was diagnosed hypothyroid. Started SB again in October of 2011 and again lost about 15lbs and kept it off for a year. This time I made it a lifestyle change, and I took over all the cooking and meal planning. In September 2012 i was hospitalized for a week with pancreatitis and they took out my gallbladder. Pretty sure both were due to all the damage done from starving myself for so many years. And now I'm going through menopause! Over the last 6 months I've been steadily gaining again for some reason, I think I got a little lax with lunches and snacks, and slowed the exercise down due to extreme stress at work. I am posting again to remotivate myself. This way of eating does work for me and is sustainable for life, I just need to be vigilant. And I need to be militant about daily exercise.

Favorite diet cheat: Pizza, but I'm usually good about not cheating in P1!

Hobbies: butterfly gardening, driving (just bought a Tesla all electric car, I love it), transforming thrift store stuff into trendy and cute pieces.

Reasons for wanting to lose weight: I want to feel sexy and confident again. I want to look nice in cute clothes and feel lighter. I want to be healthy!

I can do this.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:53 AM   #48

S/C/G: 182/182/140

USER NAME: MuchMoreMuchier, real name Vici

STRTNG WGHT/CRRNT WGHT/GOAL: 182/182/140

MARITAL STATUS: Living with the love of my life

PETS: 2 cats - Bonnie & Clyde

WORK: I'm an IT Manager which means I spend too much time sitting at a desk!

WHY SOUTH BEACH: I have been on and off of Slimming World for far too long which made me think that it clearly doesn't work for me. After researching the various different ways of losing weight this seems to make the most sense to me, I want to eat well forever not just lose weight for now.

CHALLENGES: My biggest challenge has always been that time of the month, my cravings become unbearable and when I give it takes me too long to jump back up again! I'm hoping SBD will help me with that.

Being sat at a desk all day means I find it hard not to snack mostly out of boredom.

HOBBIES: Reading, cooking, films, hula hoop (although not done this for about a year now!)

REASON FOR WANTING TO LOSE WEIGHT: My weight keeps creeping up, I want to get it under control before it spirals. It makes me unhappy when I look at myself and I didn't used to feel like that. I also want to try for a baby next year and I want to be the healthiest me I can be.
MuchMoreMuchier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:17 AM   #49

S/C/G: 175/166/135

Height: 5'3

USER NAME: Samm14 REAL NAME: Samantha (Samm)

STARTING WEIGHT/CURRENT WEIGHT/GOAL: 175/166/135

MARITAL STATUS: Engaged!! Wedding Date: May 2014

PETS: 1 dog - Charlie Sheen and 1 cat - Dennis Quaid

WORK: I'm a Front Office Manager

HOBBIES: Reading, Writing, Hanging out with friends

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Jogging, Walking the dog

FAVORITE FOODS: OMG! I love chewy candy and banana popsicles....also nachos and quessadillas....and bbq peanuts and fudge....ummm....I should stop now....

CHALLENGES: My biggest challenges are eating out of boredom or not being properly prepared (meaning eating out of the vending machine at work)....but this is changing!!

WHY SOUTH BEACH: I was looking for a lifestyle and not another diet. I was desperately in need of a change in my life and South Beach has been exactly what I was looking for!

REASON FOR WANTING TO LOSE WEIGHT: I want to fit back into my old clothes!!!!
Second Goal: 147.5 (20% of starting weight)
Ultimate Goal Weight: 135lbs

samm14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:33 PM   #50

S/C/G: 241/219/165

Height: 5 feet, 3 inches

USER NAME: SunshineMia

STARTING WEIGHT/CURRENT WEIGHT/GOAL: 241/221/140

MARITAL STATUS: Single

PETS: Just the plants!

WORK: social worker

HOBBIES: Reading, pool, singing, seeing friends, spoiling the nieces and nephews

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Biggest Loser DVDs, Zumba class

FAVORITE FOODS: Chocolate, thai food, milk, sweets

CHALLENGES: My love of sweets and empty carbs. Also, the daily migraine med I take makes my metabolism move at a snail's pace (like my doctor says, it will make carbs stick to me like glue!), so any weight loss is hard-won.

WHY SOUTH BEACH: My doctor recommended it, and I hate counting calories, so this is more straightforward.

REASON FOR WANTING TO LOSE WEIGHT: Of course I would love to be thin and be able to buy cute clothes, but at this point, it's just necessary for my health.
Ultimate Goal Weight: 135lbs
SunshineMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:34 AM   #51

Height: 5'5.5

Default Beacher Bios - 2014

It's time for some new bios! If you're an experienced Beacher feel free to just cut and paste your old bio and update as wanted. I'm sure lots of new folks will be stopping in this month too, so a good time to get to know each other.
Create your own bio items. Some ideas from the past-

User Name:
Current weight/goal:
Marital Status:
Kids:
Pets:
Work:
Hobbies:
Reasons for losing weight:
Favorite Exercise:
Weight loss challenges:

Other fun ideas:
Tent or spa:
Ocean or mountains:

What do you want to share? The sky is the limit
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:28 PM   #52

S/C/G: maintaining

User name/name: WaistingTime - Karen
Current weight/goal: I'm maintaining. It takes a conscious effort every day.
Marital Status: Married 26 years, hubby doesn't work outside the house.
Kids: 2 boys in their early 20s. One lives/works in eastern PA and the other is a junior at USC.
Work: Part-time retail at a women's activewear store
Hobbies: Reading, hiking, and hopefully I can add travel to the list.
Favorite Exercise: I recently discovered hiking. Twice a week I do strength training with my mom and a trainer.
Weight loss challenges: I am a classic yo-yo dieter; it has taken me many years to realize that I just can't eat what I used to eat. I think my biggest challenge is any special event eating, including restaurants and holidays, etc. I'm also a big snacker. My other challenge is balancing my SBD lifestyle with my husband's vegetarian (and often very unhealthy food) lifestyle.
What I've learned about SBD: After several years and having reached goal multiple times then regained (some or all), I have finally learned/accepted that, for me, PH3 means living PH2 most of the time with exceptions only for special events. I still need to make a conscious effort to eat vegetables. And I have what seems to be an ever growing list of potential binge/trigger foods that I have to watch; I'm not very good at "moderation."

~
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:18 PM   #53

User Name pearlygirly-Sue
Current weight/goal:155...goal weight 130 possibly 125, will know as I get closer
Marital Status:Single
Kids:No
Pets:I co-habitate with a dog but I lay no claim to him.
Work:Part-time food & alcohol demonstrator.
Hobbies:Reading, Cooking, Day trips.
Reasons for losing weight To look better & hopefully get rid of some of my joint pain.
Favorite Exercise:Walking
Weight loss challenges:Currently not being able to walk/exercise as afterward there is hip/knee pain & doctor has said to rest. Water, I just don't crave as much fluid, especially cold fluids this time of year. Also, like a lot of people while I don't dislike veggies I don't naturally gravitate towards them so I have to really be concious of eating all mine.

Last edited by pearlygirly : 01-04-2014 at 02:26 PM.
pearlygirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 04:25 PM   #54

S/C/G: 163/138.2/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

User Name: jekel383 - Jennifer
Current weight/goal: maintaining
Marital Status: divorced
Kids: son, 18 in February
Pets: 2 pups ages 14 and 9
Work: Police Sergeant
Hobbies:gardening, drawing, reading, cycling
Reasons for losing weight: feel better about my appearance
Favorite Exercise: Cycling (road not mountain biking)
Weight loss challenges: mindless snacking even on healthy foods

jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:48 AM   #55

S/C/G: 144/136/128

Height: 5' 3"

User Name: TWynnB, Tammy
Current weight/goal: 139/130
Kids: 2, ethan (10) grace (9)
Pets: 5 cats and a dog
Work: veterinarian
Hobbies: reading, camping, cooking, baking
Reasons for losing weight: my dad had a horrible decline because of his love of food, including diabetes. I don't want that for me or my family.
Favorite Exercise: trail running (just so time consuming!)
Weight loss challenges: emotional eating. Having a family that can eat nearly everything, when I can't.

Tent or spa: Tent!!
Ocean or mountains: Mountains!!

Start Date: May 5, 2008

Just trying to maintain on the beach!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:23 PM   #56
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 266/T/206

Height: 5' 7.5"

NAME: Jenn
BIRTHDAY: October 17
MARITAL STATUS: Officially Married (in ME) since 9-6-06, Legally Married in DC 10/18/11.
Children/ages: Our furbabies, two cats names Aimee (8) and Chloe (5)
TOP WEIGHT: 265 (Scale didn't go heigher)
START WEIGHT: 230 in 2012, 250 in 2013 and 253 in 2014
CURRENT WEIGHT: 253
GOAL WEIGHT:195
HEIGHT: 5' 7.5"
EYE COLOR: Blue
HAIR COLOR: Blond
PETS: see above!

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Facebook for sure, traveling (cruising!), reading, swimming, photography (not a pro by any means)
HOME LOCATION: Originally born in the Bronx, NY, moved to Yonkers then Staten Island. After college (in central NY), I moved down to Washington, DC and have been here for 14 years. Lived in Arlington and Alexandria, VA and am now in Gaithersburg, MD with a move back to Alexandria due up this summer.
FAVORITE COLOR: purple and blue
FAVORITE FOODS: Something I will go off plan for each and every time is for a slice of good NY style pizza. Otherwise, I love cucumbers, avocados, ripe grape tomatoes, cheese and cauliflower!
FAVORITE EXERCISE: Yeah, here is where I run into problems, lol, because I have none! I recently started the Couch to 5K (C25K) program but am in a holding pattern. I hope to start power walking again as well as swimming real soon!
WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGES: I am a binge eater. I don't know how to portion so I avoid until I feel deprived, binge and start all over again.
WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I've been on and off the diet since 2008. I feel my best when I am on plan. I am also making exercise in some form a priority this time. No excuses!

January goal: 253--->245 [247]
February goal: 247--->240 [259]
March goal: entirely off-plan [259]
April goal: 259--->250 FAIL
May goal: 266--->256
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:57 AM   #57

S/C/G: 241/219/165

Height: 5 feet, 3 inches

USER NAME: SunshineMia

STARTING WEIGHT/CURRENT WEIGHT/GOAL: 241/221/140

MARITAL STATUS: Single

PETS: Just the plants!

WORK: social worker

HOBBIES: Reading, pool, singing (to myself!), seeing friends, spoiling the nieces and nephews

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Biggest Loser DVDs, Zumba class

FAVORITE FOODS: Chocolate, thai food, milk, sweets, spicy edamame

CHALLENGES: My love of sweets and empty carbs. Also, the daily migraine med I take makes my metabolism move at a snail's pace (like my doctor says, it will make carbs stick to me like glue!), so any weight loss is hard-won.

WHY SOUTH BEACH: My doctor recommended it, and I hate counting calories, so this is more straightforward.

REASON FOR WANTING TO LOSE WEIGHT: Of course I would love to be able to buy cute clothes, but at this point, it's just necessary for my health.
Ultimate Goal Weight: 140 lbs
Old 01-10-2014, 11:18 PM   #58
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/175/179

Height: 5'5"

Basic facts:
Name (real first name if you feel comforable):Lexxiss/Debbie R
Age (or general age group):55
BIRTHDAY: March 4
MARITAL STATUS: Married since 1992
TOP WEIGHT:275 (at least)
SBD STARTING WEIGHT: 232
GOAL WEIGHT: 179 then I'll reevaluate
HEIGHT: 5'5"
EYE COLOR:Brown
HAIR COLOR: Brown

Where you live:Colorado
Where you grew up:Colorado
Other places you’ve lived:Hong Kong 1 yr, Michigan 1 yr, Alaska 23 yrs
Do you have kids? How old? No
Got pets? 1 cat, 1 dog, both rescues. Bing is a Parti Cocker and Sophie is a Ragdoll or Birmen.
Current job:I'm a waitress at a local restaurant and participate with my mom in a family business.
FORMER OCCUPATION: Semi-retired entreprenuer-I ran a sawmill, co-owned a travel agency and kitchen store in Alaska.
Why did you choose South Beach?Healthy eating/Weight loss combo
What are your ultimate lifestyle change goals? When I started SBD I wanted to LIVE a healthy lifestyle every day and get off the rollercoaster. I wanted to get off blood pressure meds. I've met both of my original goals. Since 2012, my DH and I have both transitioned towards a more plant based diet.

Hobbies: Cooking, canning and dehydrating produce, organic foods, knitting, gardening, jigsaw puzzles, animal rescue, reducing my carbon footprint, pet therapy
Passions / obsessions:composting & recycling.

FAVORITE COLOR: Lupine purple and Fireweed fuscia.
FAVORITE FOODS: Shrimp, healthy pizza, pumpkin, true Chinese (I lived in Hong Kong), fruit (especially raspberries, blueberries and cherries), and big salads filled with every vegie I can find to put in.
FAVORITE EXERCISE: Water aerobics, water Yoga, and riding my bike..
PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: emotional eating, stress eating (especially work related),low self esteem, making poor food choices in general, and lack of regular exercise. Geez....that ought to cover it.
WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I started losing my weight in 2005, but since starting South Beach I realize I have all the pieces of the puzzle needed to succeed; a healthy WOE, a comfortable regular exercise routine and a great support group here at 3FC. After almost 5 years on SBD (and 5 years older) I'm finding I feel better than I ever have. That motivates my to stick close to plan. I'm doing things every day that I didn't even attempt during my many years being overweight.

My last 58 pounds lost on SBD My 2014 Beacher Bio!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:38 PM   #59

S/C/G: 142/142/130

Height: 5'5"

User Name: CABRNRN
Current weight/goal: 142.8/130
Kids: 1 teenage daughter
Pets: Cats!
Work: Registered Nurse
Hobbies: travel, yoga, humorous books
Reasons for losing weight: being healthier and feeling more confident
Favorite Exercise: yoga, zumba, walking
Weight loss challenges: sugar addicted & caffeine addicted! I am not stopping the caffeine consumption right now, though. Giving up the sugar is hard enough.
Cabrnrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:44 PM   #60

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

User Name: Natasha
Current weight/goal: 274 (lowest since I started was 251). Goal is 180...secret goal is 160, LOL
Marital Status: Single. Currently seeing someone, still in the new stages.
Kids: Don't have them, don't want them. Love them, though.
Pets: One dog, Shadow. She lives in Georgia with my mom. My roommate has a dog named Rocko.
Work: Customer Service at Porsche for 2 more weeks. Then I start back at my calling, 911 dispatcher.
Hobbies: Hiking, camping, going to live shows, etc.
Reasons for losing weight: I just want to be healthy and feel good about myself.
Favorite Exercise: DanceFit Class (similar to Zumba).
Weight loss challenges: Bread is my downfall.

1st goal - 10% of body weight lost - MET 06/21/10
2nd goal - 100 lbs lost
3rd goal - 180 lbs!!!
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.