SBD What's for Dinner?

You're on Page 2 of 6
Go to
  • Monday night's dinner will be mocked backed ziti. I use ground turkey breast, LF ricotta cheese, NSA marinara sauce. I put that on top of spaghetti squash. Top the entire concoction with more sauce and shredded LF mozzarella cheese
  • I guess Jennifer and I are on an Italian theme today. I am planning on making meatballs.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entr...casserole.html

Trying to do Phase 1 this week so I will skip the spaghetti squash but might have them over baked beans. (sounds gross, I know, but it works)
  • I have a gallon container of vegetable soup thawing in the fridge from my freezer stash for tonight's supper, and probably lunch tomorrow.

Beth, I bet those meatballs would be good over "riced" cauliflower.
  • I'm putting meatless chili into the crockpot. I load it with small pieces of dried veggies like squash and eggplant. They aren't noticeable but add lots of good nutrients, fiber and just make it thicker.
  • Tonight is cubed pork tenderloin marinated in greek seasoning paired with greek salad and raw veggies- or asparagus if we still have some.

Tomorrow will be Phase 1 friendly italian turkey meatloves (in mini loaf pans), mashed cauliflower & salad.
  • We have LO Taco Bake that's tonites dinner.

But what I am wondering is has anyone made the West African Chicken & Peanut Stew from Kalyn's Kitchen?

Sounds really good but this is pretty exotic for me.

Also considering the Red Lentil & Chickpea Stew.

I was thinking one of those could be Wed nite dinner (we usually host a discussion group on Wed that doesn't include dinner) so speedy crockpot adaptable meals are perfect for Wed.

Thanks
  • I just planned out my meals for the week
    Garlic shrimp with Spag squash for me and pasta for da hubs
    Chicken and spinach casserole subbing 2% greek yogurt for Sour cream and reducing mayo b/c all I have is full fat
    Salsa chicken bake with tortillas or rice for dh and mom and nada for me (maybe salad)
  • Stir fried shrimp with assorted veggies over some ww noodles.
  • vegetarian chili with coconut flour biscuits. Personally I would consider coconut flour Phase 1 safe, 9 carb, 6 fiber in 2 T and 2 T is usually at least 2 servings (it's a very interesting four to bake with, very absorbent). There is about 2t in one biscuit. Since I'm not doing real Phase 1 (I had winter squash earlier) it's not an issue for me but just a heads up if anyone is thinking about trying it.
  • Tonight is Mexican stuffed peppers and salad.

Pearlygirly I LOVE the red lentil and chick peso up. Made a double batch this week. My SO and I "share" food. We double soups, chills etc and exchange with each other. Keeps the grocery bill in check and nice variety too. I keep hinting though he needs to make white bean and escarole soup SOON lol
  • oh Jekel, I love escarole in soups! (men don't take hints well, just tell him!! )

I'm having the good ole standby of mexican creamy crockpot casserole.
  • Tonight I had Slow-Cooker Cannellini Bean Stew from Kalyn's Kitchen. I made it last night and reheated it....so yummy on a cold night!

• Had the chicken with bacon and cheese tonight and it was just ok. It was a recipe for Alice's spring chicken(Outbacks) but I tried to modify for phase 1. Without the honey mustard it just wasn't that great.

My beautifully planned menu for the week had one tiny flaw..... Tomorrow is the youngest's 3rd birthday. I'll have to rework the menu to make tomorrow more kid friendly.

Cyndi, why dried zucchini and eggplant? Is that just what you had on had or does it do better? I have never heard of dried zucchini.
  • Tammy you are right! I am going to put my foot down and tell him to make it lol. I am happy he finally parted with the Christmas cookies!!!!

Tonight it's Wendy's chili from the recipe section. One of my favorites!!!
  • I found a recipe for Brazilian-Style Seafood Stew that uses salmon so that's on tonight's menu. I'm going to serve it over mashed cauliflower instead of rice. I have greens to cook so those will be on the side.