3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Freezing Friday Cha-cha-chattering (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/290598-freezing-friday-cha-cha-chattering.html)

cottagebythesea 12-13-2013 06:55 AM

Freezing Friday Cha-cha-chattering

:brr: And it's not even officially winter yet!

I don't know what happened to my post yesterday, I know I was here. In the flurry of helping get the grandkids out the door I probably never hit the submit button. :dizzy:

Anyway, today's the start of my weekend, and I have to go pick up Dad to take him grocery shopping before tomorrow's anticipated snow/ice storm, plus I want to get out and finish the rest of my Christmas shopping so I can get them wrapped this weekend. And I absolutely MUST get my cards done and mailed out.

Coffee's ready and good and hot. Let's enjoy another cup before we start this busy day. :cofdate:

TwynnB 12-13-2013 07:06 AM

Awesome and appropriate title, Cottage! I've felt a bit overwhelmed lately with schtuff, I might forego the cards again this year, so you are better than I. (and I just realized we're supposed to get our real tree tomorrow...and there's a storm going thru....maybe not!)

DD had a 101 temp last night, so I'm not supposed to send her to school today. Problem is, her Christmas concert is tonight :(...so I hope she can still go to that (and ME! I want to go too!). She says she feels better, but we'll see.

I think I'm running to a neighboring town for some gifts (shoot, what am I getting my mother?) on my morning off, then some cleaning done, then off to work.

Anyone with fun exciting plans?

samm14 12-13-2013 07:16 AM

Good Morning!!

Well it is warmer here than yesterday but still very cold!! :shocksn:

Today is only a half day at work for me....so then I will run home to clean the house and meet my fiance for some Christmas Shopping.....I still have to finalize my lists but at least its' a start....

TwynnB - I hope your daughter feels better!! And I hope she's (and you!) able to make it to her Christmas concert tonight too!!

Well I'm off - have a great day everyone!!

Samm :D

Ruthxxx 12-13-2013 07:45 AM

Yup, it's definitely winter! Today we have sunshine but a big snowstorm moves in overnight. That will be pretty for the lights in the Park tomorrow night.

After minor panic yesterday, the Bling Tree is up and decorated. My friend Heather took a pic of it last night and I'll get it posted in here in a bit. We had a really, really great Book Club night - lots of wine and goodies disappeared EXCEPT for the veggies. :shrug: I guess they are giving up healthy stuff for the year!

Today will be spent on odds and ends this morning. I have an emergency Board Executive meeting this afternoon - I'll spare you the details. Tonight will be another fun night at Heather's house when we celebrate Eric's birthday and an early Christmas since Heather's boys go to their Dad in Newfoundland this year.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y29...ps8b747269.jpg

Two very tired dogs this morning. When I have company in the evenings they feel they have to stay awake to get petted and eat any crumbs that fall on the floor. Sure is great to not have to vacuum.

Have an excellent Friday!

Lexxiss 12-13-2013 08:16 AM

Good Morning:sunny:

I'm here...have a day to get caught up. DH is still sick and I hear him stirring. Guess I'd better prepare my pep talk.

Have a great day everyone!

Pearlrose 12-13-2013 08:25 AM

Good morning,

Cottage enjoy your day, we have a storm coming this evening overnight as well.

Tywnn I have to get my cards done as well, atleast I located them finally and I need to get some more wrapping paper to finish up wrapping this weekend. Hope you get to go to the concert tonight, DD2 has her but only during the day they do not do at night anymore :shrug:

Samm enjoy your shopping

Ruth love the bling tree thanks for sharing :)

Debbie hope your DH feels better soon, my DH is horrible to be around when he is sick.

Today is wfh, I am going to go to afternoon concert and then have to leave with DD2 for sports physical so she can try out for volleyball.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!

WaistingTime 12-13-2013 08:27 AM

Good morning.

Yesterday turned out warmer than expected and DH and I quite enjoyed our hike. Today is another story - freezing rain and a winter storm advisory. I'm off to the gym soon - going to do a few sessions with our trainer but without my mom; she'll be out of commission for probably 6 weeks post her minor surgery. I'm trying a new crockpot bean soup recipe tonight.

Have a great day.

TwynnB 12-13-2013 08:53 AM

Chicks, I loved this video, have y'all seen it? http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...214933754.html

let us know how your new recipe is, Karen!

Ruth, your tree is beee-you-tiful!

CyndiM 12-13-2013 09:33 AM

Good morning :coffee2: It's our only sleep-in morning this week so I am starting very slowly. It's a busy weekend here. We have a party tonight and another Sunday night. I really want to just hang out at home and play with my new oven :)

The storm is heading here too, not sure how much yet, then below zero nights after that :brr: I am not thrilled about this much winter so early but if we are having a real winter I want enough snow for snow shoeing.

Ruth - love the bling tree!

jekel383 12-13-2013 01:27 PM

Yeah in two short hours I will be homeward bound.... Granted I won't be home until midnight lol. Ruth love the bling tree. Tammy the video made me smile. Hope everyone fairs the storm (we are getting it too) My suitcase just made the weight limit phew! I did get selected for a special screening complete with my hands being swabed for explosive residue....gee I wonder why lol

Can't wait to get home to DS and the pups

cottagebythesea 12-13-2013 03:05 PM

I loved that video excerpt, Tammy! Thanks for sharing it with us. :) I hope DD is feeling well enough to participate in the concert tonight!

Ruth, your Bling Tree is so pretty, but you forgot to include Miss Disney and Jazz in the picture! I miss those two furbabies!

I'm glad you're getting home before the storm, Jennifer! Safe travels!

Whew! Are the stores ever crowded today, and traffic is awful! Everyone must be taking the day off to prepare for the snowstorm. I got all my running done today and plan to spend the rest of the weekend making pizzelles and biscotti and wrapping presents.

My cousin who directed Mom's funeral just dropped by with a basket of beautiful white dove tree ornaments in remembrance of Mom for me to give to each of my brothers and Dad. I already gave mine a place of honor on my tree. What a lovely way to cherish her memory this 1st Christmas without her!

Beth19 12-13-2013 06:20 PM

Evening ladies. Cold this morning and colder tonight. We aren't getting the snow until tomorrow afternoon/evening. I was planning to go to our big craft fair tonight but I think I will hunker down by the woodstove and go tomorrow.:brr: Little too chilly out there for me. My walking buddy from work and I went for an indoor route today; luckily there are plenty of long halls and stairs in the building.

Ruth, loved the bling tree!
Tammy, what a great video! Did DD make it to her concert?
Jennifer, hope you are safely home soon.

To all the other chicks, happy Friday!!

SunshineMia 12-13-2013 11:22 PM

Bling tree looks great, Ruth!

Just saying hi before bed, snow is coming tomorrow but we will have this wedding shower if I have to haul people there in a sled! Stay warm in the snow, friends!

:brr: