South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-06-2013, 12:06 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default Opinions Please

I searched the SBD board for opinions on Food Should Taste Good Multigrain Tortilla chips. The last post stated that they are not OK on the SBD because of the corn flour. However, the food list I have allows corn flour/meal on phase 2. So I am asking for opinions again. Hope that's ok.

Stone Ground Corn, High Oleic Sunflower Oil and/or Safflower Oil and/or Canola Oil, Brown Rice Flour, Flax Seeds, Evaporated Cane Juice, Oat Fiber, Sesame Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Quinoa, Soy Flour, Sea Salt

Nutrition for one Oz is:
Calories: 140
Fat: 6g
Saturated fat: .5g
Polyunsaturated: 1g
Monounsaturated fat: 4g
Carbohydrates: 18g
Fibre: 3g
Sugars: 1g
Protein: 3g

The ingredients seem OK to me other than the cane juice. However, sugars are less than 1g. I wouldn't eat them often- and probably eat less than a serving (5-7 chips at a time), but I would love opinions.
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:36 PM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

This is the most recent list I've seen, no corn on it. Do you have another one? Personally I wouldn't eat them. Flours hit the blood sugar faster, even whole grain flours. Then there's the sugar and the corn. If it was a meal with protein I might not worry once in awhile but I wouldn't risk the cravings and portion issues for a few chips. You, of course, will need to make your own decisions about things like that.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:26 PM   #3  

I have one downloaded from the SBD website 2 weeks ago.

The bottom of page 6 says:
Flour (including legume and nut flours)
Almond meal/flour
Amaranth flour
Barley flour
Black bean flour
Brown rice flour
Buckwheat flour
Coconut flour
Corn flour, corn meal
(and carries on to the next page)

Thanks for your feedback on the tortilla chips!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf What-Can-I-Eat-Member.pdf (319.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 12-06-2013, 02:10 PM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I wonder if that's since the gluten free version came out? Thanks! I actually do eat whole corn products sparingly, like local cornmeal and of course, corn on the cob. I have a lot more trouble with wheat of any kind, whole or not, then with corn. Then again I'm currently the poster child for regain. I don't think it was the corn. I think it was the over abundance of allowed treats.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:09 PM   #5  

Yup, I think "sparingly" is the key for a lot of the things on the list. I guess it's something most of us struggle with!
Old 12-06-2013, 07:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

I cannot eat them, they are just way too yummy. I tend to stick to chips made from bean flower (Beanitos black bean with sea salt are my favorites) I don't feel guilty if I over due it once in awhile on them. Even my teenage som enjoys them. However a bag us a single serving size in his eyes lol
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote