South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 06:06 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Weekend Chat, Nov 30-Dec 1

Good Morning

I hope the majority of you have the weekend off! I'm busy already...wading through niggles and prepping for my 530am blast off to work. I think it will be busy this weekend which means lots of exercise.

I have been finding time to sip some coffee. Does anyone want to join me??

What's on your agenda this weekend? Stop and say hi
Old 11-30-2013, 06:22 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Debbie and still sleeping Beachers It's 3 degrees here, in November. That's just wrong Poor Cricket ran out to pee and zipped right back in and hasn't left the front of the pellet stove since.

Tim is off to work and I'm off to a CSA shift so just time for a quick wave and a cup of coffee.
Old 11-30-2013, 07:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning chilly chicks! Been at work since 6 so I can relate. I did get the majority of my shopping done yesterday. The internet is the way for me. I just have local shopping to do. I always find something unique. my sisters and I still need to make a trip to Nyack for ornaments. It will be challenging as my schedule is pretty full this month. Sunday DS and I will decorate the tree when he comes home from work. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend
Old 11-30-2013, 07:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I'll be taking DS1 to the airport soon for his flights back to PA. DS2 spent the night in the nearby college town with friends where he'll go to the football game today between our two big state schools. DH is going to the same game with his old friends, still in the area. One of those buddies will be coming back to spend the night with us.

So I'll have the house to myself for most of the morning and afternoon. The weather is nice here; I'll see if my neighbor wants to take a walk. Plan B is to do some returns of gifts but I'd rather avoid the stores this weekend.

Have a great weekend.
Old 11-30-2013, 07:41 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning chicks! Chilly here as well (4*) but warmer than the sub-zero number we registered yesterday!

Yesterday was a great mix of relaxing with a little productivity. Managed to get in a 45 minute walk outside- really had to bundle up for that! This morning I already swapped out the regular dishes for the Christmas ones. I would have waited until tomorrow which is Dec. 1st but much of the day will be eaten up by taking DS1 to meet his ride back to school. I don't mind driving the 3 hour round trip to meet his friend since I will be able to sneak in a little shopping and it saves me the 8 hour trip it would take if I drove him the whole way. But that means today's breakfast is Christmas dishes on the Thanksgiving tablecloth.

Today I need to do the regular Saturday chores: laundry, groceries and such. I also want to get the decorations out of the attic, although it will probably be a while before I get them up.

I have coffee; anyone need a cup?
Old 11-30-2013, 07:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/159/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning.

My name is Lisa and I stumbled across this forum while looking for some Phase 1 recipes this morning. Today is day 2 of Phase 1. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and getting some great ideas and support. I've done SB in the past but it's been a few years.

I work full time and have two very active kids (DD9 and DS3). Over the past year I've used being busy as an excuse to either grab fast food for dinner or make some very poor choices. I've put on about 20 lbs and I'm at the point where I'm miserable and my family is suffering because of it.

I'm very excited to have found this board. Everyone have a great weekend!
Old 11-30-2013, 10:44 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 175/166/135

Height: 5'3

Good Morning All!

May name is Samm and today is day 5 of P1 for me. I was posting on another support board but it seemed that I was the only one there

I am 35 years old and I have about 40lbs to lose. I do work full time but I am currently on a week of holidays - what better time to figure this all out!! So far, with the exception of yesterday, I have felt great! Yesterday was a bit of an off day...just feeling tired and cranky....but today has been much better!!

I am from Ontario, Canada so the winter is pretty brutal....but I did make the jump yesterday and I joined a local gym...no more excuses because the weather is bad!! I will go for the first time today and I am feeling pretty excited and motivated!!

It is great that this board is so active!

Have a super Saturday!!!
Old 11-30-2013, 11:08 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 150/150/120

Hello everyone!

I'm just about to start day 1 of P1 and I am looking forward to great ideas and support! I looking forward to getting to know everyone as we all reach our weight goals!

I have gained 30 pounds recently and it has drained my energy level to the point where I don't feel up to doing things that I used to love doing. I would like to get back on track and lose weight to increase my energy level so I can give my best to my hubby and 3 active young kids.

I'm excited to be here! Have a great weekend.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:14 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by samm14 View Post
Good Morning All!

May name is Samm and today is day 5 of P1 for me. I was posting on another support board but it seemed that I was the only one there

I am 35 years old and I have about 40lbs to lose. I do work full time but I am currently on a week of holidays - what better time to figure this all out!! So far, with the exception of yesterday, I have felt great! Yesterday was a bit of an off day...just feeling tired and cranky....but today has been much better!!

I am from Ontario, Canada so the winter is pretty brutal....but I did make the jump yesterday and I joined a local gym...no more excuses because the weather is bad!! I will go for the first time today and I am feeling pretty excited and motivated!!

It is great that this board is so active!

Have a super Saturday!!!
Hi Samm,

I agree with you.. enough excuses. I have Insanity which has been sitting in the original package, unopened for almost a year. I will crank it up today and do some exercise as I've run out of excuses why I can't exercise. I also love running, but the weather has been chilly for me as well, however, I just found an indoor track that I can use for free... so my excuse of the cold weather won't fly anymore! In the summer, my excuse was that it was too hot to run, so with the indoor track, I can't even use that excuse next summer either! Hope you enjoy the gym...I am feeling motivated as well!
Old 11-30-2013, 12:40 PM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Welcome, Lisa, Samm, and Nummee!
Old 11-30-2013, 12:49 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Nice to see so many new chicks welcome!!! Maybe it's me, but when new chicks join the flocks it helps keep me or get back on track.

Hmmmm I wonder how Ruth, Linda and Tammy are enjoying their weekend.....
Old 11-30-2013, 12:50 PM   #12  
sophie

Good afternoon

Busy morning cleaning livingroom and dining room (what a waste of space most guests loveto be around my kichen)
Welcome to the new sbchicks, samm you will find there are a few from ontario here.
Take care
Sophie
Old 11-30-2013, 02:00 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 175/166/135

Height: 5'3

Thanks for the warm welcome!!!

Sophie - where are you in Ontario? I'm in the Waterloo region....about an hour from Toronto....it's nice to meet another Canadian!!

Nummee - how did you do with your workout? I did go to the gym and OMG I feel amazing!! I am totally out of shape but.....not for much longer!!!

Well time to take the puppy out for a walk before it snows here!!
Old 11-30-2013, 07:16 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 226.5/226.5/137

Brrrr. You northerners are making me cold. And to think I complain when it gets below 70 here

Second day on phase 1 went well. I had some afternoon cravings for a chocolate frosted brownie, but sucked down a large diet coke instead.

I tried another recipe from this site that was so delicious. I think it's called Italian Bake and it uses spaghetti squash. I'll definitely finish off those leftovers tomorrow.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:33 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by samm14 View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome!!!

Sophie - where are you in Ontario? I'm in the Waterloo region....about an hour from Toronto....it's nice to meet another Canadian!!

Nummee - how did you do with your workout? I did go to the gym and OMG I feel amazing!! I am totally out of shape but.....not for much longer!!!

Well time to take the puppy out for a walk before it snows here!!
Samm, I'm glad you made it to the gym. I was able to locate my running gear and I am ready to do 1-2 miles in the morning. I used to do a lot more than that a few months ago but my energy level dipped as my weight increased. I know I will feel out of shape, but hopefully, that will only be temporary! Also, I start my day 1 of P1 tomorrow and I'm hopeful that this will get me back in the right path.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!
Closed Thread