South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 07:09 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Mmmm Monday - Movember 4 Chat

Movember is not a typo. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movember I didn't realize the event was international. Are any of the guys in your life participating?

Today did not start well and I almost just went back to bed. There were two puddles in the back room - guess the doggy bladders didn't get re-set for the time change. Dealt with that and then made my coffee - forgetting to put a mug under the Keurig spout! Now I have two floors to wash before I go to quilting biddies. I wonder when the third shoe will drop and will it involve liquid?

Noisy out there this morning as deer hunting has started. I will not be doing any walking in the bush this month. I did take a short farewell stroll yesterday - with my cell phone. There is still a fair amount of pretty colour - deep red oak and golden copper beech really show up when the rest of the leaves are down. So does the poison ivy - a glorious bright red!

Now to get on with the day. The eavestrough guys come today and I must get the car out of the lane before they arrive. It's also time to get the snow tires out of the barn and put on the car. I've a 7:30 appointment on Wednesday.

Hope your Monday is a Marvy Monday, not a Moaning one!
Old 11-04-2013, 07:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Jake had a mustache when he was in the army. I liked it but he said it would constantly tickle his nose and got to be annoying.

Sorry your day started with puddles, Ruth, but I love how you went back to bed and started over again, lol. I hope your day goes smoothly from here.

The fall leaves are just glorious here but falling off the trees pretty fast and they'll soon be bare. I'm not sure what season it is for deer hunting here, it had been bow season and usually rifle season starts right after Thanksgiving. There is an overabundance of deer around and numerous car accidents involving them, but I still can't help feeling sorry for the poor creatures being hunted down.
I'm off to the doctor for yet another blood test this morning, then another busy day at the farm.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Is all your bloodwork coming back okay, Cottage? Dad doing better now? I have this bit of anxiety of hitting deer on the highway (like last night...but only saw one cautious one).

Ruth, ouch, what a day already! Better than your whole kitchen flooding, eh? I hope the rest of the day improves for you.

I was delightfully suprised at the food choices we had at the conference. I did eat my own breakfast (yogurt, lara bar) since they had the typical pastries. But for lunch? Chicken, asparagus/feta/pepper salad? Yes, thank you!! I will admit I took a piece of the dessert on Saturday, but resisted Sunday. That's okay, I was bored Saturday night and did 4 miles on the treadmill to pass the time.

Today I guess I'll need to catch up on house stuff - grocery shopping and menu. Thankfully, DH vacuumed. YAY!

Last edited by TwynnB; 11-04-2013 at 08:00 AM.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:12 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

No moaning here that's because my DH is still in bed lol

Work today and feeling better and it's time to we organize for the projects the rest of the week. The drywall guy is still not showed up so we need me out a bathroom tomorrow. I will probably head to Home Depot after work to get some supplies.

Hi to everyone I'm writing from my iPhone outside it's freezing. Bing has done his business so I best get ready for work.

Have a great Monday!
Old 11-04-2013, 08:20 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I'm enjoying a bowl of broccoli cheese soup for breakfast. Had to take Tim to work at 7 and it's ridiculously cold out there. Soup is perfect

Ruth - hope the rest of the day is flood-less. maybe the other incident is just overfilling your scotch just a wee bit

Cottage - Hope all the bloodwork is good

Twynn - Nice to hear the conference choices were good. They are so often just awful, especially considering people usually spend way too much time sitting.

Debbie - We made the Home Depot pilgrimage Friday. I should own stock.

Today is a desk day with a car oil chg tossed in the middle. Trying to decide if I should hang out in town until it's done or suck it up and walk home in the cold. The bagels scare me. I'm not very good at resisting them but it is really cold out there. Hm, decisions, decisions
Old 11-04-2013, 08:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Oh - and thank goodness, no Movember here. Yuck! DH use to grow a beard every winter (since he works outside sometimes), but has fallen out of the habit. Shhhhh, don't remind him....
Old 11-04-2013, 09:46 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I'm working out with my mom and trainer today. We are switching times on Monday only so I hope I can remember that! Then DH and I will get in our first hike in a week. More rain is due here so I think this will be the last one for a while.

Not much else going on. Have a great day.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:13 PM   #8  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon

Ruth maybe that's why dh doesn't want another dog. He was the one cleaning up because I just can't do it. He even cleaned up after the kids and to think that I was thinking of going into nursing once
Cottage. I'm with you on the deer hunting
Twynn. On plan at a conference quite an accomplishments
Debbie. Your renovations are all going to fall into place
Cyndi. Here's to resisting the bagels
Karen happy hiking

Just cleaning today. Dh discovered a flat in our snowtires. He's at the garage right now. I am very grateful that it happened here and not in the middle of nowhere going up north to dds
Take care
Sophie
Old 11-04-2013, 07:35 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good evening. Yes Ruth, DS is not shaving this month Grrreat lol Sorry about puppy puddles I get them too.

Tammy awesome job at the conference!!!!

Linda I hope your blood work is ok and dad is feeling better too.

Debbie keeping my fingers crossed your renovation is done soon

Hi Sophie, Cyndi, Karen and anyone I missed. Darn phone makes posting challenging on the train. Yesterday was a fun day but long. Today was a typical Monday. Looking forward to getting my stitches out tomorrow and voting. Have a great evening
Old 11-04-2013, 10:24 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good evening,

Probably won't be able to post in the mornings due to teaching class all week long but will try to get in here.

Ruth, I have puddles waiting in the morning sometimes as well.

Tywnn good job at conference

Cottage hope the bloodwork is coming back good.

to everyone else.

Eating has been better but still not 100% op getting there though
Old 11-04-2013, 11:26 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Long time no see. Been super busy. Was in Atlanta all last week on business for Porsche.

Check engine light went on in my vehicle this morning, so I need to get up early and have that checked out tomorrow.

Also got a phone call from my nephew today. I'm going to be a great aunt. I haven't gotten to the happy part yet...he's only 20 (I know, that's pretty late in life THESE DAYS). Once it fully sinks in, I'll be happy for a new baby in the family.

Okay, I'm tired, but I just wanted to check in. Hope everyone is doing well!!!
Closed Thread