South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 06:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Weekend Beach Chat 10/26-10/27

Well we finally woke up to frost on the ground and the car windows. OK not my car as it was in the garage. Arrived way too early for work. My OT starts at 7, but you never know what traffic will be like driving to the city.

Nothing exciting in my neck of the woods. What does everyone have planned for this fall weekend?

My weekly goal is to get back on the bike before November. Called my dr yesterday. He added another week of antibiotics. For some unknown reason I just can't shake this.

I was productive and cooked for the week. Looking forward to steel oats with cinnamon, apples and almonds for breakfast. Turkey soup for lunch. Asparagus and Mexican pie for dinner. More like Mexican mush. Learned a valuable lesson yesterday. The oven's timer shuts off my oven once the allotted time is reached. My crust did not form well. You would think I should know this since this is my oven since 1999.

Have a great day
Old 10-26-2013, 06:57 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Jennifer. No frost here although it's sure cold enough! I guess it has something to do with humidity. (Time for me to check out remote car starters.) Hope the drive to the city is uneventful!

Light rain and cold temps are on the menu for today. Too bad because there is a pumpkin carving contest at the local farm. I imagine they'll move it indoors. If we get a break in the rain, I'll check it out although I really should go to town for some things. Methinks I'll just cave and spend the day indoors. It's a sort of chicken noodle soup day and I may do some with egg-white noodles.

Today may also be the day I finish packing away the summer clothes, keeping in mind that I'm planning a southern trip in February. Still tentative but I'm thinking St. Augustine FL or Sarasota FL for a Road Scholar trip. I'm not really a beachie person as I found out last year in Cuba. I do love sitting around a pool and having some cutie-pie keep bringing me drinks though!

Time to crank up the old body. If I work this morning, I should be able to justify and afternoon of quilting, right? I hope everyone has a piece of fun carved out of their day. I'll start it off by giving the doggage a good tummy-rub.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

We have a heavy frost here this morning, and it's chilly in the house since we haven't turned on the heat yet. I'm sitting here huddled under a quilt with my coffee and feeling pretty snug and cozy.

There's absolutely NOTHING on my agenda for today, and I'm relishing the moment! It's clear and crisp here and would be a nice day to take a ride somewhere to enjoy the fall foliage, but I'll see what the day brings.

Jennifer, your steel oats sound like a good idea for breakfast on this brisk morning. I'm going to put on a pot to simmer. Thanks for the idea and I hope those antibiotics are kicking in for you!
Old 10-26-2013, 07:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chilly chicks!

Jekel, thanks for starting us off. We had frost on the car...maybe Monday last week? Awesome for you for getting all your food made. I should work on that today. I really hope you feel better soon!

Ruth, you reminded me I need to take the kids to get their pumpkins, I can't believe they haven't been hounding me. <---I just really like that little emoticon

I went to bed early for the weekend, and got up at 6:30...over 8 hours of sleep, woo hoo! We have cleaning planned for the AM, and if we have time we'll run and get pumpkins. The kids both have play dates this afternoon. I am SO BAD about planning them, and I finally did it. DD's friend is a bit...um...loud.....

Oops, then we have a football party to go to tonight (we don't really care about football, we just want to have fun!), and I was told I could bring a finger food if I'd like. I have done really well at eating this week, and don't want to blow it, so I'm trying to figure out what I could bring. I'm down over 3 lbs, even tho it's TOM, thankyouverymuch!

Have a great day!

Last edited by TwynnB; 10-26-2013 at 07:29 AM.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:28 AM   #5  

I thought Cottage might sneak in here. Good morning! Wow, we turned the heat on a week ago, but our house gets chilly. I hope you get a drive to see the beautiful colors!
Old 10-26-2013, 07:42 AM   #6  

Congrats on the weight loss, Tammy! I've been doing really well this week, too, but will have to wait til I see the doctor Monday morning to see how I did. I guess that will give me more incentive to behave myself over the weekend. Have fun punkin-pickin!
Old 10-26-2013, 08:10 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning We have another busy day off ahead but I'm taking my time this morning. There's black ice and accidents out there, so I will wait until the sun is higher and the temps get to freezing before heading out. there's nothing I need that fast!

Yesterday we had a really lovely fall hike, 6.5 miles through the woods, around ponds, and over hills. I am determined to go outside as the temps drop so I am more prepared for winter weather. Seems every year I stop going outside as much when the temps drop and by the time winter hits I am not prepared. I'm hoping if I keep going outside I will adjust as the temps drop. My main goal is to be back where I was fitness-wise by spring. I don't mind al ittle extra weight but I don't want to be so squishy!

Last night we went to see a Vermont made movie, The Hungry Heart. it's about prescription drug abuse among young people and is really amazing. Tim works in a drug & alcohol treatment center for people with co-occurring issues, so we went with some of his coworkers. Of course it makes me want to do something. One interesting point the filmmaker made in the discussion after, that too many people think they should never feel sad or anxious or anything but happy and we need to help kids understand that some days are just like that for everyone.

Jennifer - Your breakfast sounds yummy. Hope the work day whizzes by

Ruth - thanks for the reminder, clothes rotation is on my list too. Soup sounds great

Cottage - enjoy your day! How wonderful to get a day for you.

Twynn - Congratulations on the three lbs. Happy pumpkin patching

I guess I should get moving. I need to get that savory bean and spinach soup in the crockpot then head to Keene for the Farmer's Market. I still have $130 to spend out on my summer CSA Next year no summer CSA! I see lots of squash coming home with me, never a bad thing. After that we need to pick up the soup and head to Tim's friend's house in the woods for a cider making party. We get to come home with unpasteurized cider. I'm so excited, I miss the real stuff. Tonight I think we will finally just have a relaxing night at home with wine and dog and cat cuddles.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:36 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, chicks.

I'm working this afternoon. This evening we are going out to dinner with friends. I think I have about 10 minutes to change clothes between the two! This morning I may put some soup into the crockpot for lunch; my neighbor gave me some kale from her garden a few days ago and I'm afraid it will wilt if I don't use it soon.

Have a great day.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:51 AM   #9  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Jen. So you are getting to know your stove. Hope you don't have to change it soon

Ruth. Hope your chicken noodle soup happens

Linda enjoy your day to the fullest

Tammy. Yea 3 lbs amazing

Cyndi. I so agree with you. Life doesn't have o be perfect to be happy

Karen. Enjoy dinner out

Dreary weather here. I am going to make split pea soup so I can have some for monday. Spending the day at the guild's studio and need something that will keep me away from the goodies. Don't know what else is on agenda today. Dh is still in bed but I think he came to bed around 2. He is a real nightowl.
Take care
Sophie
Old 10-26-2013, 11:19 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I need to get up and start cleaning before we head out for the day of activities. Last night we went to Fright Fest at Six Flags it was a bit chilly but fun. We had frost yesterday morning on the cars but not today it is supposed to be a bit warmer for the weekend yeah!!!

Jekel you crack me up with the oven comment that sounds about like me lol

Ruth hope the rain holds off so they can do outdoors

Cottage enjoy your nothing day

Tywnn we pumpkin picked and already carved but one of mine is starting to fold I knew there was too much space around the bat carving lol.

Cyndi that sounds like an interesting movie

Karen enjoy your hectic day

We might go to Boo at the Zoo and then DH wants to go to pep rally for the World Series this afternoon. Okay off to clean house prior.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:32 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey ladies! Happy Saturday!
Been busy and productive today. Started out with a great breakfast treat: pancakes! A friend loaned me a low-carb cookbook that had a recipe for pancakes made with almond flour (grind the nuts in the food processor) and flax meal (which I bought). They were tasty! I might have to Beachify it but I am also planning on trying the recipe for muffins using the almond flour. It's a nice change for a household that's had very few grains in 3 years!!

Other than that, got some groceries, did laundry and am currently taking a break from cleaning. It's really gross outside, 41*, rainy (I refuse to use the "s" word) and windy so I am going to try to motivate myself to do some sort of an inside workout later. My October goal was 5 sessions per week and I'm at 4 for this week.

Have a great afternoon ladies.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:02 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Quick good morning before my tour starts. The Steele oats were quite yummy, but I think I would have preferred pancakes with Beth I too am mostly grain free. Although I do splurge on pizza and flax seed wraps. Thanks for the well wishes. I do feel a little better today. My week is pretty full so no time to let this slow me down.

Ruth I so want auto start for my car. I may splurge since DS gets a discount at work. Frosty windows are no fun when you are rushing for a train. No frost today more like spring.

Happy Sunday Chickies
Old 10-27-2013, 06:11 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Did not budge out of the house yesterday since it was so miserable. I tackled a bunch of niggles, started Sunday dinner for Barb who is recovering from a hip replacement and actually got nearly caught up on Mill stuff. This morning I'm putting on a push to finish the postings.

Weather permitting, I am off to the pumpkin carving event around 2. It'll feel good to "get the house smell off me" as my Dad used to say. I'm going to keep on spending time outside as the weather gets colder - that way it should not be such a shock. I may put out my Halloween decorations too. Still have not bought my "goodies" for the day. They are easier to resist when still in the store!

Enjoy your day, whatever it brings.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:32 AM   #14  

Good morning chicks!

jekel, glad you are feeling better. (I would love auto start too!)

Ruth, good for you for staying in, even better that you got stuff accomplished.

I am leaving soon to do a cat spay clinic, we never know if we'll be there until noon or 4 pm. I do have a great time there, we have fun out of the most simple things . They tend to have a lot of junk food, but I am mentally prepared! I've been to good this week to blow it again. Good news is, is that they often have healthy food ~ they're the ones that got me hooked on Sabra's roasted pine nut hummus. So I'll stick to veggies and cheese.

If I get out early we'll pick out punkins!

Last edited by TwynnB; 10-27-2013 at 07:32 AM.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:33 AM   #15  

I could not believe the time when I looked at the clock this morning! I thought it was still the middle of the night, but it was nearly 6:30! At least next week it should be lighter, but then we have it getting dark at 5pm. I don't know which I'd rather have. Oh! Wait! I want summer back!

We had a pleasant morning yesterday enjoying a nice ride in the country and stopped at a warehouse-type store that just opened to look for Christmas lights. Then Dad called to ask me to pick up a prescription and a few groceries for him, and I got to his house to find him not feeling well again, so I spent the afternoon with him.

Today I want to finish putting a new border on the top edge of a quilt. Now don't get excited - I don't quilt, but this one is on our bed and the top edge is getting worn out, and I'm just putting a simple border over the torn one. And I need to cut out eye holes on the spooky Halloween critters we're setting out on Halloween.

Well, I'd better have my oatmeal now. Dustin just pulled a pan of cinnamon rolls out of the oven, and I don't want to be tempted by them!
Closed Thread