Thursday's SBD Daily Chat, 10/10

• A windy, rainy start to the morning here. I think a hot bowl of oatmeal is in order for breakfast today before heading out in the storm.

My day doesn't look too full. I'm going to Susie's this morning to tidy up and chase any cobwebs away, and some time today I have to run out to the rentals to pick up some paperwork. In between, I'm slowly making my way through the girl's playroom, organizing and tossing out. They are supposed to be helping, but I'm actually making more progress by doing it myself since they never want to throw out anything. Funny thing is, they'll never notice anyway.
  • LOL...I thought you wrote "my dad doesn't look too full". Feed that poor man! OH! Your DAY! Anyway. How did the open house go before, Cottage? I hope your day goes smoothly.

I have no idea how my day looks. Wake up the kids in 5 minutes, work 9-7, and then pack for camping tomorrow! Someone said it's supposed to rain...I'm in denial and if I don't look, it won't happen right?

I must make a batch of some kind of salad for the trip. My kids actually eat it (!!!) and gives us healthy food. Which one this time? (that texas caviar was delish!)
  • Good morning ladies. Just a quick check-in, then take out the trash and off to work!
    My eating has been ok this week except for the Chickpea Cake I made. Sometimes I top it with a little SF chocolate sauce... I like this version better than the Black Bean Brownie recipe.
    http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2...tml?ref=search

Time to grab the thermos and hit the road!
    Have a great OP day all!
  • Tammy,They had over 1500 people on the Tour on Saturday! It was one of the most successful Chester County Days ever. Cindy said it was really difficult, though, watching all these strangers walking through her house and around the farm, like her privacy was being violated. I can sure sympathize with her, I'd hate for people to come gawking at my house. But it was all good for Richard's business, though.

Beth, that chickpea cake sounds interesting. I'll have to try it some time. Have a good day at work!
  • 'Morning, Chickies and chickpeas! I must be feeling better because I just spent some time wandering through Beth's link!

I'm glad the Open House went well, Cottage. I can relate to Cindy's feeling of invasion - I freaked the one time I had an "open garden" day.

Tammy, why not come up here for the weekend? Our weather is supposed to be good. (Whoops! I lied - rain on Monday.)

Busy day yesterday with the tree guys and pet therapy. I was glad to see the lads leave at five. They'll be back to finish up today - I know that for sure as they left their monster machinery here. I'm planning to hang around home today although I need to do a quick bank run o get money for floats for Saturday's sales at the Mill and Town Hall. (This may be the first year that I won't do any baking for the sale unless I really dose up with Tylenol3.)

Another coffee and then I'll decide whether or not to lug the trash to the curb or wait until next week's pick-up. Decisions are difficult after just one coffee!

Happy Thursday.
  • Good morning, I agree I wouldn't want a tour coming through my home either. I would be beyond stressed! Thanks for starting us off.

Tammy I am in denial too as I planned outdoor rides for the next three days.

Beth thanks for posting the chick pea cake link, will be checking it out.

Scale and I are friends again which I am happy about. I really do not see a difference in my appearance if I am 142 or 138. What I do notice is, the lighter I am the easier it is riding up big hills. As the bike tour gets closer I will drop to my low, if not lower, weight. Thankfully the ride is not until May.

Meeting Joe for lunch and dinner today. DS starts his new old job today!!! He will be working at an auto detailing store. The owner had closed up shop and moved to FL. Thankfully he re opened here and needs help. I spent more on gas for DS this past week than I do myself for 2 weeks. Maybe now I will have at least $20 in my wallet lol

Hi to all the chicks yet to come. Time to wake the sleeping giant, wish me luck.
  • Good morning. Off to hike today then will rest my tired legs this afternoon before heading into work for the closing shift tonight. Leftovers for meals. That's about it for me. Have a great one.
  • Good morning

Nice day here. Trying to hop back on the wagon after this horrible cold. Funny how something can throw you off so quickly. I feel overwhelmed right now with thanksgiving and housework and gardening. Will take a deep breathe and one step at a time. I have to keep telling myself that. Its hard with dh mopping around after his bout with bronchitis
    Take care
    Sophie
  • Good morning,

I have nothing but appointments on my calender for today, it's all good though. One more wake until we leave for trip to Texas. I need to pack tonight as DH and DD2 will just pick me up from work tomorrow and we will head from there. I will have everything by the door he will just need to load our rental car.

Cottage I agree I would not want strangers coming through my house.

Tywnn hopefully if it rains it will be just be scattered and you will be good

Beth that receipe looks good and if you subbed the sugar it would be op

Ruth I hope you opted to wait for next week for trash

Jekel glad the scale went down for you. I have not stepped on it because of TOM coming. I can tell by my clothes roughly what I am.

Karen enjoy your hike today

Sophie remember to just take it slowly and it will all work itself out

Have a wonderful day everyone!
  • Good evening, just stopping by to catch up on the day's news.

I agree that there is NO WAY I would want people touring my house.

Congrats to Jennifer on the scale movement.

Ruth, hang in there and I'm glad you are feeling a little better.

Pearl, I do swap the sugar, usually with Splenda.

Another sunny day here. The leaves are falling but there's still lots of color.
  • Quote: Good evening, just stopping by to catch up on the day's news.
    Me, too! Been working on the rental house and have made great progress. Today, I finally got gutsy enough to climb up on a big stack of wood and remove the packrat nest. It was disgusting! Tomorrow I have to be at the real job at 530.

We're supposed to get snow tonight!