South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-10-2013, 10:19 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default How bad are raisins really???

I know raisins are not allowed on the SBD life style, and that when eaten they can lead to cravings... but will they stall weight loss?

I only ask because with Halloween approching I had always found it useful, in the past, to add those mini raisin boxes to the bowl of Halloween treats at work so that I felt like I could "indulge" with everyone else; they eat the chocolates & I eat the raisins.

And while I am still on a plateau, I wouldn't want to purposely do any thing to stall myself further... or cause a gain.

Thoughts?

Last edited by RiverGirl; 10-10-2013 at 10:20 PM.
RiverGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Raisins are only dried grapes, and in my opinion I think they're okay as long as they don't trigger cravings. The problem is that because they are small, it's easy to go overboard with them, thus racking up the calories.

I think if snacking on a small handful of them will keep you from indulging in the sugary candy treats, then go for it.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I'm with cottage .

(I would put craisins, which have added sugar, in my yogurt all the time. Never triggered cravings!)

Last edited by TwynnB; 10-11-2013 at 06:45 AM.
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:13 AM   #4  
Petite and tiny!

Height: Less than 5"0'

Raisins are my weak spot!!! I could eat a pound in a sitting and not even notice... Lately I get horrible cramps and gas and bloating the next day, and I really really really believe it is because I abused them for so many years.

Anyway, raisins are what keep me sane while dieting. I have to have SOMETHING, you know? I don't know for sure if they make me crave more though.

Currently trying to fix the digestive distress the cause and/or find a new "make me sane" treat. Anyone know???
ggbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:25 AM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

Thanks all, you seem to share my thoughts and feelings on this subject... After all, a few raisins are better than a chocolate bar.. even a 'fun' sized one.
RiverGirl is offline   Reply With Quote