3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   It's HUMP DAY! Wednesday on the Beach 10/2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/288187-its-hump-day-wednesday-beach-10-2-a.html)

TwynnB 10-02-2013 06:38 AM

It's HUMP DAY! Wednesday on the Beach 10/2

I do love me some fall with the leaves and beauty, and even some s**w (I think that's considered a bad word sometimes :D), but I don't really like how short the days are getting! It's still dark here, although there's a tiny glimmer of light over the mountain. I drove home from work last night at 7:15, and it was already getting dark :(. Time does fly.

Yesterday was long and exhausting...I started leaving for lunch, and realized I didn't have time to do that, so went back and did my paperwork. Today is my short day (boy, there's a reason they stagger these) and then meeting a friend for coffee.

The great news about long days is that I barely had time to eat!

cottagebythesea 10-02-2013 06:59 AM

Thanks for starting us up this morning, Tammy! :coffee: Today is my "short" day, too, and I plan to get outside and enjoy this glorious weather we've been blessed with. :)

We're pretty much caught up with getting ready for Chester County Day on Saturday, and I'm glad I won't be here for it, I'll be in Boston! Hmmmm, I just remembered Natasha is in MA now. Did she move to Boston? ;)

Natasha, it's good to hear from you and I hope that other job comes through for you!

jekel383 10-02-2013 07:01 AM

Good morning Tammy thanks for starting us off. It does get a little depressing going and coming home from work in the dark. Hope you have an easier day today.

Hi Natasha! No your late posts are not missed. Glad you are getting settled. Sorry you do not like your job. Hope the second interview gets your foot in the door. Since the first one hired within, does that mean there is an opening for a dispatcher? Hey you never know :)

Nothing planned for the day. Just taking care of a few things around here. Next on my list, wake up DS....not a favorite job lol. Have a great day :)

Ruthxxx 10-02-2013 07:15 AM

Good morning. Isn't this weather incredible? - this side of the continent anyhow.

Sort of a bummer day yesterday and didn't get dressed until 2! :yikes: Forced myself to drive to the bank in the next town and came home the back way to enjoy the leaves. Gotta love fall around here. Picked up some assorted gourds for the bowl on my kitchen table.

Life with three dogs is fun. They all get along beautifully and sure know the "Come for a cuddle" command. Lulu has always slept with Donna but dogs in bed are not on my "good thing" list. She actually enjoys sleeping with the pack.

Not sure of my agenda today but plan to get dressed earlier than 2 PM! My ribs/back problem is still giving me a lot of grief but Aleve and Tylenol3 are my friend. I am impatient to get back to normal but it's going to take a while.

CyndiM 10-02-2013 07:28 AM

Good morning :coffee2: Another long work day ahead then one more and it's my weekend. I love 4 day weeks.

I was asked to sub at a co-op workshop on beans and sprouts. I'm a little nervous (being in front of the room is not my favorite spot) but excited too. I'd love to figure out how to turn my passion for healthy cooking into work some day, especially focused on doing it on a budget. I've got two weeks to prepare and have a co-leader so it should be fun and not too difficult.

Not much time to wake-up this morning. I need to meet and train the new Organizer so I should set a good example (and not a real example ;)) Last night was Tim's late night so I'm running on fumes. Ah well, off I go. Looking forward to a walk after work.

WaistingTime 10-02-2013 07:46 AM

Good morning.

No hiking for me today; I've learned that my feet complain if I go two days in a row :( Since I don't work I plan to run a bunch of errands including Costco, Target, and both UPS and the post office for long overdue returns to be shipped.

Have a great one.

Lexxiss 10-02-2013 07:46 AM

:wave:

I'm off to Denver for another appt w/mom then right home to the project....I'm painting again, I'm sure. I have two full days off after today and I'm thinking there is a possibility we could be pretty darned close to a finish (for this part of it).

Have a great day everyone and a special hi to Natasha! (Yes I always read the late night posts, too)

Pearlrose 10-02-2013 08:43 AM

Good morning,

What a commute this morning, ran into rain on the way to the bus (unexpected rain) so my hair does not look so great now lol. Thought I had lost my iphone either left in car or the dash to the bus, no somehow it was underneath me which I discovered when getting ready to get off the bus. Hope the rest of my days go much better lol

Tonight is haircut and a church rummage sale.

Natasha fingers crossed for the second job you interviewed.

Debbie glad your project is moving along smoothly, you will have to post before and after pics like you did before, I really enjoy those :)

:wave: to everyone else.

Have a wonderful day everyone

Beth19 10-02-2013 06:44 PM

Good evening. Seems to be my MO lately, being one of the last posts...Another gorgeous sunny day here. Love those fall colors!!

Work days are always busy for me. Had to run into the grocery store on my way home; almost out of lettuce and we have gotten into the habit of eating tons of cole slaw. Making mock cornbread and spicy beef tonight and needed a little green stuff on the side. Of course, normal household responsibilities always await as well: laundry, dishes, etc.

Natasha, your late night posts are not missed! Many of us check on them.
Ruth, hope you keep feeling better.
Twynn and Cottage, hope you short day was a good one.

Hump Day is over and we are on the downhill slide for the week, ladies!