South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 07:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Weekending on The Beach, SBD Chat 9/28-9/29

Who wants to join Paul and me for coffee this morning on this fine fall day? It's just pleasant enough to sit outside on the patio and watch the sun turn everything to blue and gold.

I was going to spend the weekend at Monica's, but Jake and I decided to drive over for the day tomorrow and spend today finishing painting the sunporch and window trim. We may as well take advantage of this warm, dry weather while we can. I may switch around our wardrobes today, too, but then again maybe not, since this glorious weather is supposed to hold for at least another week.

We took a pleasant drive through the Amish farmlands yesterday afternoon and stopped at an orchard where I bought a bushel of Golden Delicious apples for baking and drying, and I want get a batch of apple rings in the dehydrator today, and I promised Dustin I'd make him an apple crisp and make one to take over to Monica's tomorrow.

Well, I'm going to grab one more cup of coffee to enjoy before the rest of the family wakes up and the circus begins.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:46 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Cottage. We are 45º and in dense fog. It's supposed to clear later though. I can hear "boom" in the woods as the wild turkey hunt is on - not a good morning for a walk in the woods - for people OR turkeys!

Felt too sore to venture out to the fancy-dancy dinner last night but FINALLY had a solid night of sleep thanks to the new codeine pills that I got yesterday when I went for bloodwork. They are too strong for me to take in the day but it sure was nice to just zonk out and sleep a solid six hours.

Today's project? To figure out how to do laundry without bending or lifting and then actually DO IT. This rib thing is going to take at least six weeks to heal so I need to adapt and get on with ADL - activities of daily living.

Have a super Saturday and enjoy this lovely bonus weekend!
Old 09-28-2013, 07:46 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning Cottage and chicks to come!
Looks like another sunny day here as well. Long range forecast has sun for the next week. I will take that!

Cottage, I am holding out on switching over to fall clothes as well. I've pulled out a few sweaters but that's it. Since I measure everything by the academic calendar I don't consider it fall until the 1st grade report comes out during the first week of October. Is that a little weird?

Today I will get groceries, do a little cleaning, the normal stuff. I have an old roast in the freezer and am planning on making a big pot of stew which I can re-freeze in small portions for weekdays. And maybe those pumpkin cheesecakes...

My coffee is 100% Columbian from BJs. I think we go through too much coffee to invest in a Keurig.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 09-28-2013, 08:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I'm working both weekend afternoons. We have a big sale so it was super busy yesterday (when I worked) and is expected to be again. DH and I may try to squeeze in a hike tomorrow morning if the trail doesn't get too muddy from the rains expected today. Eating is good but the scale seems to be a better friend with my hormone change than with me!!

Have a great one.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning so happy to be enjoying my morning coffee (Caribou) and smoothie. Ruth, after my back surgery I too faced ADL dilemmas. I couldn't lift anything over 3 pounds! Instead of putting dirty clothes in the hamper (no bending) I used a spare bed. Then I placed a chair by the machines so I Coukd sit to remove the clothes (I have front loaders). It helped too that I really wasn't going too many places so I did not make too much laundry.

Beth, I feel the same way I alone drink a lot of coffee. DS has become a morning coffee drinker too. I borrowed Joe's Keurig and must admit I love it! I use the refillable K-cup for my weekday commute (travel mug). I will re use a pod to make a descent size cup of coffee too (yes I am frugal lol)

I have paired down my wardrobe enough that I keep the majority of my clothes in my closest and dressers all year long. Just a few really summery, sleeves tops and shorts need to go to the attic.

Today is laundry, desperately need to go grocery shopping (hate doing it on the weekend) and a little relaxing with the pups. DS is going to the garlic festival in Saugerties today.

Have a great day
Old 09-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Quick hello for me,

We had a mix up this morning thought soccer game was at 9 a.m. so we got there and no one was there (other than another mom who mixed things up as well) it got switch to 3 p.m. so we went and did errands and are jut now back home to eat some lunch before going back.

Jekel I like you idea for Ruth using a spare bed or maybe sofa and then chairs, I hope you get to feeling better Ruth.

Have a wonderful fall day
Old 09-28-2013, 01:59 PM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Big improvement over yesterday today. That decent night of sleep really helped. Thanks for the hint, Jekel. I just kicked the laundry basket down to the landing where it spilled and then used my handy-dandy picker upper to load the machine. It's running now.

By the way, my DD referred to me as a S.O.W. on FB today - stands for stubborn old woman! She thought I should have my BFFs do my laundry but I'll wait until I'm really old to ask that favour.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:23 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Wake up, Chickies! Coffee's brewing!

I had a change of plans yesterday and took the train downtown to meet up with my daughter, and we spent a delightful day together. Then I ended up taking the late train home and slept in this morning.

Ruth, you ARE stubborn, but at least you found a way to do your laundry yourself. I'm glad that your BFFs are there to help when you need it, though!
Old 09-29-2013, 08:20 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning, chicks!
It is so easy to be cheerful when you have coffee in your cup and the sun is shining on the reds and yellows of the fall leaves!

Yesterday was just the right amount of busy. Laundry, housework, groceries but also a couple hours of reading. Today I'd like to try to get in a little garden cleanup.

Ruth, injuring my knee last winter was a real eye opener in things I take for granted. You know, like walking, getting in and out of the tub, etc. I'm glad you figured out how to do laundry and finally got some sleep. Keep listening to your body!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-29-2013, 08:27 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

Good morning. Would you believe I am out of K-cups? I did find some second-string ones in the freezer but still ... I miss Paul!

Another decent night of sleep and the ribs are a tad less sore today. Joanne the Mill Manager is coming over this morning to bring me the "take" from Friday night's dinner evening. We'll tally it up and I'll get her to drive the cash to the automatic teller this morning. It was a great success - sold out! - but I won't get excited until I know all the expenses. Next big event will be the Thanksgiving weekend sales of produce, baking and the silent auction. Sure hope my ribs improve enough to let me do some baking - there is no way the quilt will be done for the Silent Auction. Maybe next year?

Time for another coffee but it must be AFTER I am dressed. I'm getting slothful these mornings and it's time to get back in the groove.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:53 AM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I have a lap cat making typing a little challenging this morning. Yesterday I had a meeting up north so even though I'd been away all week I was away most of the day. No one in the house was happy about that. Today will be my catch-up day - laundry, cooking, garden planning, shopping then an afternoon walk in the woods. I also need to get my vanilla started. I've been using so much I'm going to make a large bottle for winter baking. We have been enjoying a crop of shaggy mane mushrooms growing in our driveway. Hope to find more keeper mushrooms this afternoon.

I started the October "no processed food challenge" today. It shouldn't be that hard after 6 years on SBD. This morning I realized the spray olive oil will need to be shelved for the month. Back to measuring dribbles of EVOO. Should be interesting. I just need something to push me back to more mindful eating, hope this does the trick.

First load of laundry is done, now to get it on the line.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:17 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

CyndiM that sounds like a great idea!!!!

Ruth glad you are feeling a little better today

Beth we are still green here, looking forward to the leaves changing

Linda sounds like you enjoyed the day

I was spent after a day of laundry. Ditched grocery shopping until DS called asking for a ride home at 8. Since I was out I roped him into helping. He didn't seem to mind since he had lots of samples from the deli lol. He enjoyed the garlic festival, but brought home fudge not pickles much to my disappointment.

The house is back in order and cleaned out a few dresser drawers and took the AC units out of the bedroom windows. I remember when I struggled lifting them. I must be getting stronger

I was a good girl and worse my compression stocking all day. My legs look much better, but not 100% yet. I weighed myself after my trip and I was .4 less than when I left. Lost a pound of water yesterday! Hope that trend continues.

We are celebrating my sister's 60th birthday today, albeit almost a month late. Not certain as to the food choices, but carrot cake from NYC is the dessert. They have been using this bakery for over 20 years and swear by it. I will indulge since tomorrow I have cleared my day for a long ride in Harriman.

Well time to get motivated. Have a beautiful day. Thinking of Natasha hoping you are getting settled in
Old 09-29-2013, 10:18 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Starting to get my chores done today, already cleaned the bathroom and cleaned up kitchen next is dusting and vacuuming and then we are off to soccer game this afternoon.

My eating has been bad Friday and yesterday so fresh start today, I need to change the weekend mentality it is derailing op eating.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone
Closed Thread