South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 06:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday SBD Chat for 9/23

Coffee, anyone?

I'm needing lots to get me started on this Monday morning.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I just started my much needed coffee as well, thanks Cottage.

I think my fabulous DD shared her cold with me, so my head is a mess right now. Good thing I made a pot of chicken vegetable soup last night, that will be wonderful for lunch. My boss is still away, so I will be working my long day instead of a short one.

I did also make a crustless quiche last night (I thought of you Cottage, it's the spinach mushroom feta one ), so I should have decent eating going on today. At least I'll be eating lots of vitamins to fight this cold!

I wonder how Jekel is enjoying her training?
Old 09-23-2013, 07:04 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning. Have my thermos of coffee ready to go on this Monday as well. At least it finally stopped raining and looks to be sunny today.

Tammy, hope you feel better!
Cottage, hope your pot is full!

Thinking of Ruth and Natasha, Jekel and her training as well. Isn't Cyndi also traveling for work?

I'm thinking Spaghetti squash pizza tonight. I made meatball casserole this weekend and have some extra sauce. Here's to an OP day! (I see I only have this week left to make my September weight loss target....probably not happening)

Last edited by Beth19; 09-23-2013 at 07:05 AM.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ah! That's better. I'm feeling much chattier now.

Tammy, sorry about your cold and hope both you and DD are on the mend soon. Your soup sounds like just the thing for lunch to help you feel better. That's so funny you mentioned that quiche! I was cleaning out my recipe box yesterday and came across it, and put it aside to make this week!

Beth, despite my best efforts, the scale doesn't seem to be moving in the right direction for me, either. I'm going to Boston next weekend and was hoping to lose 5lbs this month before my trip, but that's not going to happen.

I'm also wondering how Natasha is making out so far with her big move, and hope we hear from her soon!
Old 09-23-2013, 07:44 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Monday Morning. Cold here too at 36 but sunshine is promised.

This is the second last day of my DD's visit which has not been a great time for her. She keeps saying she's enjoying getting rested but I am mourning all the events we have missed because of this darned back stuff. She did have a great time at the "Girls and Kids" Dinner last night though. Karen made a yummy spaghetti squash dish with roasted tomatoes.

We cancelled out on the lunch with Ottawa friends today. Driving (or even just riding) in the car is too painful. Back injuries sure take a long time to heal but I have enjoyed being waited on. My sister Joan is going to drive M-E to the airport Tuesday afternoon.

My scale is definitely stuck - must be the cooler weather.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

My weekend was filled with work, hiking, and eating out. This morning I am off the the gym, them work. In between I'm putting ingredients for a new recipe into the crockpot - portabella mushroom chili. I'll let you know if it turns out well. I think we are clear of any social eating for almost a month so I should have no excuses or roadblocks for some serious OP time.

Have a great week.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:28 AM   #7  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Ruth so sorry to hear about your back. Take care of it and there will be more good times with dd
Cottage, twynn and beth joining you in a cup of coffee. Here's to a good op week
Karen love Portobellos. Definitely let us know how recipe turns out
Me. Sitting here wondering how I wound up pickin 82lbs of gala apples. You should have seen how beautiful and bountiful they were. Made two apple cakes, one for dh another for one of my sons and a very deep apple pie. I will bring some to my dd. She eats two a day and is very happy that after 9 months is back to her prepregrancy weight. Off on thursday for a visit to love me my grandsons
Take care
Sophie
Old 09-23-2013, 08:30 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Quick flyby for me I am off to a meeting to present, fingers crossed I will get more staff out of this.

Hope everyone is doing well, hope those with colds and back pain are feeling better soon and those that traveled for work are having a great time.

Tonight is Awana and making sure I eat op again today, baby steps lol

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
Old 09-23-2013, 01:53 PM   #9  

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ...err, afternoon everybody.

Woke up with a bit of the sniffles, allergy season came right on time it seems.

Just wanted to pop over and wish everyone a merry Monday!
Old 09-23-2013, 03:29 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Greetings from The Big Horn State. No yellow roses yet but it is certainly the right climate for them. We were delayed almost an hour on the runway and the flight was long, roughly 4 hours. Now we have almost a two hour bus ride to the hotel. Yee Haw!

Training starts tomorrow bright and early. After I get settled I hope to either get a brisk walk in or hit the gym. Way too much sitting for my liking.

Enjoy what's left of the day y'all.....Linda wouldn't it be something if you met Natsha in Boston. I do hope she is getting settled in.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:23 PM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

As of late last week my contractors weren't coming. I told DH I thought they might, in fact, show up with very short notice. I got home from work and got the call....tomorrow Rick will show up w/kitchen cabinets. I'm glad I got all the food prepped and cooked last week.

I cleaned bathrooms yesterday and left notes on all the sinks
"Please keep this sink clean. If you dirty it there is rag/spray and brush directly underneath. Thanks!" It worked....I won't have to run around cleaning tomorrow before work.

I probably won't be around tomorrow ...will be back soon!

Ruth, keep getting better!
Closed Thread